Dreamcast Console $88.99 - Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love my Dreamcast, but I don't need a second one. (I would like to pick up a Black one, but those are kind of hard to find)

Some of the reviews have me worried, "Was Christmas gift. When opened Christmas morning, the cord was broken as well as area on console where the cord plugged into. I had a very unhappy child! Have e-mailed co. to get returns info. and am going to return the item for a refund." (December 26th, 2009)

[quote name='Flame Killa']Seems like a rip to me, I know a place that sells them with 2 controllers and a game for just $20.[/QUOTE]

Where?

ive gotten two dreamcast from ebay, one cost around 20 while the other cost around 50 (blame it on my mom outbidding)

this was about 3 years ago though so maybe i still got a good price at 50!?

[quote name='KongaKing']Where?[/QUOTE]

Book and music exchange. I think it's only and Kentucky though, and I'm not 100% on the second controller, but I do know they give you a controller and your choice of a game.

I ordered one from Amazon the last time they were available in November, and the unit I received was definitely not new (slight scratches on base). Amazon was great about providing a quick refund, but be careful about inspecting your Dreamcast should you order one.

[quote name='wildcpac']Seems like a waste to me especially when the games are going to be released on Live and PSN.[/QUOTE]

Gosh, I hope so, but like I said, probably not a deal, but for someone looking for one, certainly an alternative.

[quote name='KillerRamen']I love my Dreamcast, but I don't need a second one. (I would like to pick up a Black one, but those are kind of hard to find)

Some of the reviews have me worried, "Was Christmas gift. When opened Christmas morning, the cord was broken as well as area on console where the cord plugged into. I had a very unhappy child! Have e-mailed co. to get returns info. and am going to return the item for a refund." (December 26th, 2009)[/QUOTE]

Worst Christmas Ever. First it was broken and second if it did work it is a dead platform anyway. I love my Dreamcast, but who in their right mind would buy their child one as a Christmas present? Since they used child in their review, I will go with it it. What child (my definition of child is 12 and younger) would ask for Dreamcast? I guess buying a kid a Dreamcast is no where as bad as a virtual boy though...

But anyway onto the subject at hand. That price (if they are new) isn't bad just because how many can you find new? But if they are not new (opened) and that much it is a huge rip off. Might as well ebay it like I did a few months back. I got the system, 5 games, a memory card, and a controller for around $50. But my system was used and as such should be cheaper. So hopefully those Dreamcasts on Amazon are actually new and not used.

Dreamcast is a sweet deal unde r50 (can be found at any used vidoe game store) just for fact as a CAG the games are free. ya know.

now there are 2 in stock left.
oh, cag!...i dont suppose any of you actually bit..right?:roll:

also look
"STOP WAITING FOR THE PS2! THE DREAMCAST IS AMAZING!, November 27, 2000 By A Customer

Yes, I am serious. I was hoping to blow over ... to purchase a PS2, but I couldn't find one. I was looking for a PS2 in a retail store when I noticed the displays for both the PS2 and the Dreamcast. The PS2 had Madden 2001 on, and the Dreamcast had NFL 2K1 on. I was astonished to see that the Dreamcast was graphically equal to the PS2. Could it be? I had heard that the PS2 was going to blow the socks off the Dreamcast. With the PS2 shortage and my money (saved since January specifically for a PS2) burning a hole in my pocket, I picked up a Dreamcast.In fact, for about the price of the PS2 with one controller and no games, I got a Dreamcast, an extra controller, a VMU, and five incredible games (NFL 2K, NBA 2K, Crazy Taxi, Soul Caliber, and Sonic Adventure were each 2/5 the price of a typical PS2 game).
Maybe the PS2 will live up to expectations...but for now, the Dreamcast is well worth the price. And if the PS2 is great in two years, I will buy one then, without the headaches and for half the price.
Do yourself a favor and get a Dreamcast. Equal graphics and gameplay, better game selection, lower price. Buying a PS2 doesn't make sense yet"

the internet is awesome

The reviews are probably consoles from 3rd party sellers.. These are brand new consoles, that's why they are more expensive than what you get from ebay or gamestop used.

My new unit last year that I ordered last year from amazon had a European controller with the blue swirl. Everything seemed new but the box had to have been opened.

[quote name='Flame Killa']Seems like a rip to me, I know a place that sells them with 2 controllers and a game for just $20.[/QUOTE]

were!! i am looking for one!!

Remember that a lot of these Dreamcasts that are being sold by several online retailers are actually left over stock that's been found by liquidators for several retailers that went out of business (my guess is Circuit City). So it's a possibility you'll end up getting an already opened or returned system.

But considering it's Amazon, they tend to make good on these things should you get an open one.

Some of the older comments are pretty funny on there. It’s amazing how far we have come along. I sold my deamcast on e-bay several years ago for around $50-60 with games. Guess I should have hung onto it longer.

[quote name='bsesb2003']Hard to say that its a deal or not, but they were offering these for $120 earlier, so the $89 is lower than before.

Only 5 left at time of posting.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00000K2R4/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20[/QUOTE]
It's been under $100 for quite a while.
[quote name='CaptainJoel']I would bite if this was under $40.[/QUOTE]
I think it's worth the price, since the console is new in the box(which would usually cost way more if it was any other console), but there are better things to spend the money on for me. If you can spend $60 on a game, you can definitely spend $100 + the cost of games for a great console.

[quote name='JMClarkent']I like the way that the box is beaten to hell in the pic.

Classy![/QUOTE]

Thats because its being sold by a seller on there and not actually being sold by amazon.

But what do you want? If it looks that way then it looks that way. Would it have been classier if he pictured a box in really good condition and then send the buyer the beatup one?

Ive seen car lots with used cars in not to hot of shape but I dont feel compelled to stop in and tell everyone there in a sarcastic tone "Classy!".

Darn me and wanting to stick to my budget. Amazon is no longer selling them some other company is.

[quote name='KlaytonAmory']Dreamcast is a sweet deal unde r50 (can be found at any used vidoe game store) just for fact as a CAG the games are free. ya know.[/QUOTE]
It is obvious by your comment that you are not a CAG. Piracy is fucked up!

[quote name='KingBroly']Sega really must've made a billion of these things.[/QUOTE]
They did, and unfortunately, a lot of them went unsold.

Word is that they stopped manufacturing consoles before January 2001's announcement due to their warehouses and what not being flooded with unsold Dreamcasts. Pretty much everything that's new in-box now are leftovers from stores that went out of business and had kept them in their backrooms.

Which is really fucked up when you think about it, seeing as how the last price Sega offered for a new Dreamcast was $50.

I think the Dreamcast is one of the best consoles out there. You seriously can't go wrong with games like Shenmue,Marvel vs Capcom,Power Stone,etc

[quote name='gargus']

Ive seen car lots with used cars in not to hot of shape but I don't feel compelled to stop in and tell everyone there in a sarcastic tone "Classy!".[/QUOTE]

1. That example isn't terribly relevant, but if it made you feel better to speak your peace, I'm glad that I could help!

2. Note that they have changed the image. Any seller who is worth his/ her salt would be mad to attach an image like that to something they expected to get $80+ for...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back