Dreamcast Joystick

dayglo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
After finally finding a copy of Marvel vs Capcom 2 for DC, I've decided I needed to find a good quality joystick. Does anybody have any suggestions for which joystick to look for, and places to find them?

The Agetec stick is the one I personally use and it's great. Plus, they go for about 50 on ebay, before shipping. It's well worth the price however.

Does anybody have any experience modifying an Agetec stick? I've looked around, and it looks like I'll look for an used Agetec joystick and replace the stick and buttons.

Modify it to what? I've got 2 and they're well used and still perform fine. The actual stick and buttons are identical to those you can purchase from Happ Controls. They use microswitches which are easily replacable.

Ebay is your best bet to find these from $40-50.

The Interact Alloy was pretty sweet, it's what I used for MvC. The ladies will think you a stud for having it, too. I guarantee.

Problem is, I think they aren't cheap. I got mine for $60 new when they first came out, and sold it 2 years later for $65 on ebay. Was really shocked to see it go for more than I paid, I think they may be considered rare.

Review here - http://www.epinions.com/game-review-CF7-51D061C-39E63FD8-prod2

gameHardwareAccessoriesDreamcastInterAct_Alloy_Arcade_Stick_DC-resized200.jpg

[quote name='bmulligan']Modify it to what? I've got 2 and they're well used and still perform fine. The actual stick and buttons are identical to those you can purchase from Happ Controls. They use microswitches which are easily replacable.

Ebay is your best bet to find these from $40-50.[/QUOTE]

I have a strong feeling that the one I am watching right now will be in really bad condition, so I'm already planning to replace everything with Sanwa parts.

I appreciate all the help. I'll keep an eye out for an Agetec on ebay...unless someone happens to have one they want to get rid of...(hint hint)

Get a saturn Virtua Stick and a Saturn to DC converter. That's the cheapest way to get a good DC stick. Defender used to sell the Virtua Stick and they shouldn't be that hard to find new.

bread's done
Back