Dreamcast S-Video

I doubt it'll destroy your Dreamcast, but I had a third party one...may have been Interact or Mad Catz, and one of the audio channels ended up farting out. Now I've got the official Sega one and never had a problem.

If you're at all able to get a first party accessory, go for that. I've found that the savings of 3rd party accessories are rarely (ever?) worth the hassle they present.

It wont hurt your Dreamcast, if it does then sue them!

I don't think you will see much of a diffrence. You really only see it with the current systems if at all. Unless you don't have regular cables or a nice ass TV I wouldn't really get them.

And yeah go first party. Saves you alot of trouble in the long run.

I bought a third-party Dreamcast S-Video cable because I couldn't find a first-party one, and I could never get the S-Video output on it to work. The audio worked fine, and the standard composite (yellow) cable worked fine (it was composite and S-Video on the same cable). It wasn't a problem with the input on my TV; I have my Xbox hooked up through that same S-Video port with no problems, so I'm sure it was the cable.

I use a universal 3-in-1 cable intended for Dreamcast/PS2 or ps1/Gamecube or n64. I use it for Dreamcast/Psone/SNES. :D

It's unusable for the new slimline PS2 though. The new PS2 puts out some sort of audio signal even in sleep mode, that overrides the sound on the other consoles. Unplugging the PS2 makes the problem go away :(

I have a 3rd party NYKO S-Video cable for my Dreamcast and it works perfectly with no problems at all. I only went 3rd-party because I couldn't find any 1st party cables, but it works just fine and looks better than the standard composite cables.

[quote name='ayolykewhoa']I'm going to purchase some S-Video cables for my Dreamcast, so I was wondering does anybody use this:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00000K13J/qid=1130647801/sr=8-3/ref=sr_8__i3_xgl63/102-6716436-0741726?v=glance&s=videogames&n=229534

It is an Interact S-Video cable, but since it is 3rd party, I don't want it to destroy my Dreamcast.[/QUOTE]

Those are the exact cables I have, they work just fine. So relax and buy them, you'll find them cheaper on Ebay btw :)

[quote name='fieldkillah']I have a 3rd party VGA box for DC that outputs Svideo too. Works very well.[/QUOTE]

now THAT sounds interesting

bread's done
Back