Drive Angry blu-ray 3D $11.99, standard blu-ray $10.99 @ Amazon

[quote name='FadeToOne']Okay, but is it any good?[/QUOTE]

Do you know who the lead actor of this film is? Chances are it isn't worth $10.99 but I posted it regardless. :)

It's like crank but with Nicholas Cage. Since the directors of Crank are now Directing Ghost Rider I anticipate Ghost Rider to be a cross between Drive Angry and Crank which is giving me a huge erection.

Tempted to get. I rented the regular non-3D version and I thought the movie was decent. Do not take seriously and leave your brain off.

[quote name='Irukandji']It's like crank but with Nicholas Cage. Since the directors of Crank are now Directing Ghost Rider I anticipate Ghost Rider to be a cross between Drive Angry and Crank which is giving me a huge erection.[/QUOTE]

:lol::lol::lol: This is the best post I've read in a while.

It's not a good movie by any means, but that doesn't mean it's not highly entertaining to watch.

I'm tempted to grab it, but I don't really rewatch movies very often.

amber heard? yes please.

EDIT: i have to think about it now. lots of mixed reviews. if i like crank and shoot em up, will i like this movie?

[quote name='FadeToOne']Okay, but is it any good?[/QUOTE]

It's actually quite awesome. Crazy violence, nudity, plot...

The 3D in this movie is really good IMO. If I didnt drop 30$ on it last week I would be all over this. I just got a 3Dtv and had to get something to show it off, which is why I paid full price. FAIL

[quote name='trunks982']amber heard? yes please.

EDIT: i have to think about it now. lots of mixed reviews. if i like crank and shoot em up, will i like this movie?[/QUOTE]

Crank>Drive Angry>Shoot 'em up.

I love crank. I really liked drive angry. I though shoot 'em up could've been choreographed a little better but I still liked it. My criteria is that a movie can't be bad just for the sake of being bad. For instance, I hear a lot of people say they like Machete over Planet Terror and my response to that is "fuck you." If you're going to make an action/comedy at least make it look good. The action can be over-the-top but it at has to be choreographed well.

[quote name='Irukandji']Crank>Drive Angry>Shoot 'em up.

I love crank. I really liked drive angry. I though shoot 'em up could've been choreographed a little better but I still liked it. My criteria is that a movie can't be bad just for the sake of being bad. For instance, I hear a lot of people say they like Machete over Planet Terror and my response to that is "fuck you." If you're going to make an action/comedy at least make it look good. The action can be over-the-top but it at has to be choreographed well.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you about Crank, Shoot em up and Machete Vs. Planet Terror. I'll have to give drive angry a chance when it's cheaper or on HBO.

I guess you talked me into it and I'd buy it right now if I didn't just spend so much money on the BBV 5 for $20, Walmart $5-$7.50 blu rays, Red State $30 preorder, Grindhouse, and more. I also am buying the lion king trilogy, pulp fiction, jackie brown, and walking dead special edition when they are all released next tuesday. There's not even any time to watch all this crap with the new fall TV season and going to stupid ol' college. :)

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I agree with you about Crank, Shoot em up and Machete Vs. Planet Terror. I'll have to give drive angry a chance when it's cheaper or on HBO.

I guess you talked me into it and I'd buy it right now if I didn't just spend so much money on the BBV 5 for $20, Walmart $5-$7.50 blu rays, Red State $30 preorder, Grindhouse, and more. I also am buying the lion king trilogy, pulp fiction, jackie brown, and walking dead special edition when they are all released next tuesday. There's not even any time to watch all this crap with the new fall TV season and going to stupid ol' college. :)[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. I'll be picking up lion king and pulp fiction. I talked myself out of the big lebowski and scarface, reason being that I have a local used store that will end up getting them in at some point for cheaper than the new price. I bought 25 movies at blockbuster haha.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']I liked the movie, but I'm certain that I can get this sub-$10 if I wait another month.[/QUOTE]

It's rare that a 3D movie is this cheap.....who knows if it will drop or if it is a temp price cut.

[quote name='doubledown']It's rare that a 3D movie is this cheap.....who knows if it will drop or if it is a temp price cut.[/QUOTE]

Thank god I have no interest in 3D then.

I watched this movie on DVD and enjoyed it.

Is it a cinematic masterpiece for the whole family? Hell no, but its still highly entertaining.

And the 3D version now actually costs less than a real 2D movie theater ticket.

Seeing that 3D blu-ray prices are going down, it's making me considering stopping buying regular blu-rays. It's mostly the Disney and animated stuff that I'm staying away from right now.

Watched this movie on DVD and really enjoyed it too. I may be in the minority, but I actually enjoy most of Nicholas Cage's stuff even the recent stuff that has been receiving poor reviews. They may not be deep movies, but they're definitely fun to watch.

So does the 3D copy only come with a 3D disk? Or is it a combo release like most I have seen?

Sorry for the silly question but I don't own a 3D TV but might in the future but not sure if, so trying to debate if it would be worth getting this if I end up not getting the TV

bread's done
Back