DriveClub Discussion Thread

BonedChaos

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
Haven't seen one of these, so figured I'd start one.

Feel free to discuss anything DriveClub related here.

Last edited by a moderator:
The last update I saw for the PS+ edition was back in  mid-December when they said it would be coming as soon as possible once the servers have been stabilized. From everything I have been reading from players lately it seems to have gotten much better as far as the game goes but still no update on the PS+ version. 

I went ahead and picked it up while BB had it on sale last week but I haven't gotten a chance to actually load it up until tonight. Once I get it up and running later today will be looking for a club as well. 

Just ordered the game and will be looking for a club myself!  Isn't there a CAG club already?  

Not normally a huge fan of racing games but I started getting a bug and after I saw a video of the new weather effects I was sold.

So been playing a little while now and actually enjoy the game a bit. Anyone want to get a club started for late comers to the game ? Would prefer to be in a new one that can grow vs. joining one that has already been running a while and everyone is already ahead. 

So been playing a little while now and actually enjoy the game a bit. Anyone want to get a club started for late comers to the game ? Would prefer to be in a new one that can grow vs. joining one that has already been running a while and everyone is already ahead.
How often do you play? I'd be interested, but I don't want to join a club that plays regularly for a couple weeks and then never plays again.

On another note... New update is out today that has a lot of improvements and added five new tracks from Japan.

I play at least once a day for a couple of tracks. It's on my daily rotation now since we are taking a hiatus year at work this year and things are going to be slow. 

Okay, well if you want to get something rolling, I'll be down. You can send me a friend request and start up a club and I'll join it.

He guys,

Would you still recommend picking this up?  I've been looking for a fun racer to play on the PS4.  I had NFS: Rivals, but it just didn't suck me in like Most Wanted and Hot Pursuit did.

He guys,

Would you still recommend picking this up? I've been looking for a fun racer to play on the PS4. I had NFS: Rivals, but it just didn't suck me in like Most Wanted and Hot Pursuit did.
Yes, it's well worth the investment.

I would also get the season pass, because their is so much extra content to get now, it will keep you busy for a long time.

Yes, it's well worth the investment.

I would also get the season pass, because their is so much extra content to get now, it will keep you busy for a long time.
Thanks for the response. I've been bouncing back and forth between either Driveclub or The Crew. Obviously, I realize the are both very different games. Just looking for some racing in general though.

Finally picked this up after growing impatient for Project CARS and their never-ending delays.
Yeah... just got the email today, AGAIN....

DriveClub is on my want list. Played it during my gamely trial, beautiful game.. but lacking "something" to get me to keep playing it. What that "something" is i don't know.. can't put my finger on it. If I see it at $30 or below i'm buying it anyway.

The whole PS+ edition is another thing that bugs me, I know the day I buy DriveClub Sony will announce the PS+ release the next day. It's my luck..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIztSktq8oM&feature=youtu.be

This might help make your decision if you're on the fence about getting this game :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaWJFvcdHQk

So... this game looks beautiful, but the learning curve seems rather steep. They throw you into the opening race with no tutorial. Every minor mistake takes away points. Other cars bumping you causes you to lose points. And any collision sends you spinning out, costing any chance at a top 3 finish. I retried the first race 3 times and it just made me angry.

So... this game looks beautiful, but the learning curve seems rather steep. They throw you into the opening race with no tutorial. Every minor mistake takes away points. Other cars bumping you causes you to lose points. And any collision sends you spinning out, costing any chance at a top 3 finish. I retried the first race 3 times and it just made me angry.
It's like a classier Ridge racer. Honestly, the driving physics are horrible for a "sim".

It's like a classier Ridge racer. Honestly, the driving physics are horrible for a "sim".
just did the intro race as well. are they really touting it as a sim? that is an insult to actual sim racing games. it is an arcade game through and through (slightly less arcadey than Need for Speed, that's about as much as I'll give it)

They screwed the pooch on the PS+ Edition.  The game is way better than the turd they released there.  I'm not sure what they were thinking there.  I just got the full version with the sale and I will say that the PS+ edition would be like only getting to watch The Phantom Menace without knowing the originals existed.

just did the intro race as well. are they really touting it as a sim? that is an insult to actual sim racing games. it is an arcade game through and through (slightly less arcadey than Need for Speed, that's about as much as I'll give it)
I've never heard it being called a sim from any official source. I dig it, it leans towards arcade for sure and is the niche I was looking for.

bread's done
Back