Driveclub *New* - $19.99 at Gamestop

But according to a gamestop store manage I spoke to you open a game, piss on the box, throw it down a flight of stairs, let it sit in a store window and get sun fading, let 500 little kids sneeze on it and man handle it, put stickers on the box but its still brand new as long as the actual game disc hasnt been put inside a console. So if employees "rent" a game and put it inside a console its still brand new?
lol, my point entirely. I dropped in another GS that I was next to on lunch, same situation. I don't know why I expected something different.

I would so buy if it came with the season pass like other games

i buy digital because i could game share, and its convenient

figured if i buy the physical disk and sell it later ill lose about the same amount of money if not more
To bad you lease rent digital and people complaining there bought stuff expires if not on for a few months and bugs out and wont renew and some have missing download list to redl. I trust discs not sony or ms to always allow me to redl.

Ugh went and grabbed a copy at Gamestop and met the biggest idiot employee...  

So I go in and tell them I had a copy for pickup and as the guy is putting it in the case he says you know for $10 more you can buy The Crew and it's everything Driveclub wanted to be but does it right... I was like they are two completely different games and he said no even in reviews they said it was trying to be like The Crew... I said if it wasnt for that promised free copy and the bugs at launch this game would of fared way better.. He said no it would still have reviewed terrible, I would of tried it but im a Xbox guy and the Crew is my only option...

I asked well you got the Forza 5 which it like Drive club and you got Forza Horizon 2 which is way better than the Crew... he said no the crew is the best racer this gen so far...  I pay and he tells me to remember I bought a new copy so after I dont like DC I cant return I can only get credit...   

What a tool why is he even working at Gamestop? I think very low of that store in general lately, but this moron managed to nudge the bar even lower today.

Already sold out at all of the Gamestop's by me. My local store had some in stock according to the app. Went in there on my lunch break and only saw a used copy. Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
But according to a gamestop store manage I spoke to you open a game, piss on the box, throw it down a flight of stairs, let it sit in a store window and get sun fading, let 500 little kids sneeze on it and man handle it, put stickers on the box but its still brand new as long as the actual game disc hasnt been put inside a console. So if employees "rent" a game and put it inside a console its still brand new?
Yes. At least that was the case when I used to work there more than a decade ago. It was a little known secret, even among many Gamestop employees, that there was a policy on the books that allowed GS employees to borrow new games and take them home to play. In fact, the policy specifically forbade an employee from borrowing used copies of games. I remember my manager saying that was because there was a much higher profit margin on used games and they wanted them in house to sell.

Even when I was taking advantage of the program, I remember thinking, "This is some fucked up shit right here," as I spent another day out of the office playing Halo 2 online for free.

admiral-ackbar.jpg

With all these price drops, GS must know that the full edition of this game is going to PS+

Ugh went and grabbed a copy at Gamestop and met the biggest idiot employee...

So I go in and tell them I had a copy for pickup and as the guy is putting it in the case he says you know for $10 more you can buy The Crew and it's everything Driveclub wanted to be but does it right... I was like they are two completely different games and he said no even in reviews they said it was trying to be like The Crew... I said if it wasnt for that promised free copy and the bugs at launch this game would of fared way better.. He said no it would still have reviewed terrible, I would of tried it but im a Xbox guy and the Crew is my only option...

I asked well you got the Forza 5 which it like Drive club and you got Forza Horizon 2 which is way better than the Crew... he said no the crew is the best racer this gen so far... I pay and he tells me to remember I bought a new copy so after I dont like DC I cant return I can only get credit...

What a tool why is he even working at Gamestop? I think very low of that store in general lately, but this moron managed to nudge the bar even lower today.
Wtf? When I bought my copy of driveclub, the dude was like have you tried the crew yet? It's way better than driveclub.
It's probably a ubisoft/GameStop corporate circle jerk.

Rejoice in the fact that the employee who told you that probably gets terrible numbers due to that attitude and will eventually come back to haunt him. I had a GameStop employee in 2010 try to get me to pre order mgs4 on 360 ( fake and he was probably stealing said pre order money ) after I came to buy a copy of lbp

Got one held for in store pick up, sure enough it's the display copy with a dirty ass case.  I'll probably take it back, new my ass.

Got one held for in store pick up, sure enough it's the display copy with a dirty ass case. I'll probably take it back, new my ass.
Seems like no matter what they are all open "New" copies.. mine was with two different price stickers on it and the guy put two of those clear circle stickers on it to make it "Sealed"

Sadly unavailable in my area. I tried to get BB to PM it, but the cashier refused since GameStop.com said it was out of stock online.
should of asked for a manager. it clearly says on gamestops site that it is in stock at stores just sold out online. I went to BB to price match and the cashier didnt want to do it either, he said it has to be in stock at the store and he was going to call them lol. another cashier came over and said he didnt have to do that...especially since it clearly said all the gamestops in the area had them in stock.

Seems like no matter what they are all open "New" copies.. mine was with two different price stickers on it and the guy put two of those clear circle stickers on it to make it "Sealed"
I never understood how GS gets away with that, legally. Technically they are resealing an opened product and reselling them as "new". Has to be some legal issues with that somewhere.

No other company can do that.. just GS.

I never understood how GS gets away with that, legally. Technically they are resealing an opened product and reselling them as "new". Has to be some legal issues with that somewhere.

This. If I were to open up something, in front of a GS, Wal-Mart, Target employee, etc, without ever using it, it would be considered used.

I hate GS so much.

Why you telling me? I don't care what you like
Do you care what I like?

You guys can ask for a new case. That's what I always do on the display copies. I make them give me a case with no stickers. Got my copy with a new case.

Corporations are just regular joes like us and they're allowed to make silly mistakes.

Picked this deal up myself. They are selling out quickly.  To note though, the Gamestop I went to had multiple sealed copies still so keep in mind not all gamestops gut their new copies. 

On another note, if anyone wants to play this hit me up on PSN @ DonDonRaiden.  I've got a club going and looking to host weekly club events.

Does anybody planning on playing this a lot? I have a club CheapAssRacers that is level 15 but there is like 1 or 2 guys that don't play at all. Just taking up space for people that are actually playing, if so pm me and I'll drop em and inv you.

no more space
Bummer..

oh yeah... thats the other thing about the clubs I didn't like. The maximum number of people you can have in one..

I see how they want you to have a close group of friends to always play with, and play towards goals etc. But IMO the number should be able to be increased.

(Coming from a person who's club has exactly 1 member... :lol: )

I was finally able to price match this today at my 2nd BB using the GS app on my iPhone. It worked for me because the app doesn't say out of stock online unless you click on the "Buy New 19.99" button on the Driveclub page. This gives the illusion that it is still in stock.

Clerk also said that GS wasn't in their price match system but he believed that they do price match GS. So after talking with a manager he confirmed it and said he had to click on "other competitors" and manually enter GameStop and then the 19.99 price. Not sure if this is the same everywhere but thats how it was here.

Now I can't wait to try this out, was waiting for the ps plus version but for a twenty spot of credit, I'll give it a shot.

GS should be under "Local Competitor" for a BB price match. So it would be for an in store price and not an online price match.

Too much complaining about the "new" copies at GameStop. Yes, it sucks they do this but you always have a choice to say no thanks and move on. This shit goes both ways when you buy "used" games but in reality they are new copies that just had the wrapper removed. This is common with 3ds games. Nobody complains there.

Wtf? When I bought my copy of driveclub, the dude was like have you tried the crew yet? It's way better than driveclub.
It's probably a ubisoft/GameStop corporate circle jerk.
All of the Ubisoft games are on sale this week at GameStop so I guess that has something to do with it?

Too much compl aining about the "new" copies at GameStop. Yes, it sucks they do this but you always have a choice to say no thanks and move on. This shit goes both ways when you buy "used" games but in reality they are new copies that just had the wrapper removed. This is common with 3ds games. Nobody complains there.
Gamestop shrill?

Too much complaining about the "new" copies at GameStop. Yes, it sucks they do this but you always have a choice to say no thanks and move on. This shit goes both ways when you buy "used" games but in reality they are new copies that just had the wrapper removed. This is common with 3ds games. Nobody complains there.
Thats why if GS is having a "sale" that ends up being a good price... I PM it. *anywhere I can*

Walmart

Target

Best Buy

Amazon

Last resort is GS.

No body complains about 3DS games being open and sold as new? I'm pretty sure they do. Especially when they say its new but has a generic gamestop cover art lol.

I used to care about the game case years ago, not anymore. I even received a couple of new games from Best Buy where the case was cracked and I never bothered to get them exchanged.

Its much easier to damage a disc than it is a cartridge as well

I used to care about the game case years ago, not anymore. I even received a couple of new games from Best Buy where the case was cracked and I never bothered to get them exchanged.
I can't imagine ever not caring about the condition of a product I pay hard earned money for, but to each their own. It is especially true though with game cases if you have any intention of reselling them. A broken case can knock sever dollars off the value.

Just tried PMing at Walmart lady wouldn't budge. Gave me the run around on the specific websites and sores they price match.

Is this game worth the 20 or should i wait for project cars?
Game is worth $20.

Project Cars will be released in 3 years... (It's been delayed multiple times already)

I have Project Cars pre ordered, but I don't expect it to realize anytime soon. They say May now.. would not be surprised if it gets delayed again in the next few weeks.

Game is worth $20.

Project Cars will be released in 3 years... (It's been delayed multiple times already)

I have Project Cars pre ordered, but I don't expect it to realize anytime soon. They say May now.. would not be surprised if it gets delayed again in the next few weeks.
Gran Turismo 5 2015

Ended up PMing this at Best Buy when I was in there yesterday so hit me up on psn if any of you have a club or whatever, psn id is thespyder314

bread's done
Back