Drug Testing in Major US Retail Companies

Canadian_Man

CAGiversary!
I have an interview at Target in two weeks. I have never ran into drug testing at any of my jobs and having heard plenty of it from US companies down in the States, I was hoping to get a sense of the likelihood of being tested?

I am applying for a job in the back, likely as a forklift operator. They are doing interviews for an entire week that will be hiring staff for something like 6 stores they will be opening in the city later this year.

I am a casual cannabis smoker and am asking primarily because come the time of the interview it will have been something like slightly over the theorized month it takes for it to get out of your system for a common test (urinalysis I'm guessing?).

Companies will test you before they hire, they will not test on a regular schedule.

It is only reasonable money wise once, they cannot afford to test everyone every week/month.

Since it's during the summer they may totally forget to test you. Been hired for two different summer jobs (Kmart and Walmart) and each time I was supposed to get tested and it just never ended up happening.

If you're driving a forklift for Target, I can almost guarantee regular testing. I had a friend who worked BOH operations and was tested at least bi-monthly doing almost the same job you're applying for.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']You could always use a fake dick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Hg_fxAV44U[/QUOTE]

I can't imagine how that bust went down. I mean, the test security people had to be staring at the dude's junk for a reasonable amount of time to deduce it was fake. Most people, if they even reflexively glance southward, immediately look away. it would've been easy enough to at least allay suspicions, and therefore not get caught/arrested, by crying sexual harassment or something to that effect if they started pursuing a more "exploratory" investigation. Then again, I'm not intimately familiar with the product the dude used, so there's that.

edit: the suspect does look like a beady eyed, little sketchy fuck, so maybe they were suspicious from the start.

[quote name='mitch079']I suppose you could always buy synthetic urine.[/QUOTE]

Nah, just ask your mother to pee into a cup. Problem averted, except for person wondering why you have the chemical makeup of a middle-aged woman.

[quote name='eulogywerd21']I can't imagine how that bust went down. I mean, the test security people had to be staring at the dude's junk for a reasonable amount of time to deduce it was fake. Most people, if they even reflexively glance southward, immediately look away. it would've been easy enough to at least allay suspicions, and therefore not get caught/arrested, by crying sexual harassment or something to that effect if they started pursuing a more "exploratory" investigation. Then again, I'm not intimately familiar with the product the dude used, so there's that.

edit: the suspect does look like a beady eyed, little sketchy fuck, so maybe they were suspicious from the start.[/QUOTE]

I got drug tested several times by the NCAA when I played football in college.

Each time I was required to pull my pants/underwear down to my ankles and piss in a urinal while the NCAA official watched. They're pretty hardcore about that stuff.

Saying that I've also been drug tested as part of the application process for a handful of jobs. I think each time I was allowed to use a single stall bathroom without any observation.

bread's done
Back