DS Enamel Navy Play-Asia.com

Skitzle

CAGiversary!
Hey all,

So I've been looking into buying a DS recently and noticed an Enamel Navy one (AWESOME!) at play-asia.com was wondering if anyone had any insights as to the language that menus and stuff would be in on the Unit itself and if there was anyway to change the language settings on a DS.

all that said, is it worth the extra $60 bucks? Guess thats up to me.

Thanks for the input

[quote name='Skitzle']Hey all,

So I've been looking into buying a DS recently and noticed an Enamel Navy one (AWESOME!) at play-asia.com was wondering if anyone had any insights as to the language that menus and stuff would be in on the Unit itself and if there was anyway to change the language settings on a DS.

all that said, is it worth the extra $60 bucks? Guess thats up to me.

Thanks for the input[/QUOTE]
All the systems have multi-language. Only difference is serial number, color and packaging.

Just know that if you're purchasing an import, you have NO warranty what-so-ever if anything happens.

[quote name='AshesofWake']it's not like Ds lites are known for dying or some shit, i say go for it.[/QUOTE]
But they're known for cracked hinges.

oooooooooooo cracked hinges, something to blow your brains over...

i've never seen any non-white ds lites with cracked hinges, im sure someone can prove me wrong.

[quote name='Cream']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130873

Indeed they can ;)[/quote]

Beat me to the link. Check out one of the most recent posts, someone links photos of his DS cracking at both hinges and practically falling apart. This is the exception, for sure, but it's sure as hell a good enough reason to spend less money and get the warranty.

To be devil's advocate, my friend iported the Navy Blue DS Lite when it launched, and I played through an advance copy of NSMB before I got my DS, and it was pretty bitchin'. If not for the warranty, I'd say go for it.

Yo, Thanks for all the lookin out its been a huge help. I guess the other question would be what are the chances if i wait a month Nintendo comes out with the navy in the USofA

Seems like ds's are FINALLY a little bit easier to find so I'd give it like 3 months max before an update.

I feel pretty certain NoA will introduce a few of the other colors as the next "update" for the DS, later this year or early next year.

[quote name='Skitzle']Yo, Thanks for all the lookin out its been a huge help. I guess the other question would be what are the chances if i wait a month Nintendo comes out with the navy in the USofA

Seems like ds's are FINALLY a little bit easier to find so I'd give it like 3 months max before an update.[/quote]

Im sure Nintendo will release other DS colors here in the states. No way to know when for sure tho, but by this holiday season is a good bet.

However, seeing as tho you can get help from Nintendo with an import DS, that makes the idea slightly more attractive.

And AshesofWake, my DS did die. It would reset within 90 seconds of loading any game, so you can experience problems besides cracked hinges.

Skitzle, you must do what you feel is right of course ;) , but overpaying for the DS by $80 or more goes against the very nature of this website. :D

bread's done
Back