DS extra battery

msdmoney

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Anyone use an extra DS battery or battery pack, etc? I have a trip coming up with a long plane flight 10-12 hours and I would like to get an extra battery for the flight.

I am leaning towards getting the official DS replacement battery. Does anyone know, do you lose any saved system settings when you switch the battery?

You could just try taking yours out and putting it back in to see. I tend to think you wouldn't lose anything. The only significant thing you could lose is your wifi settings.

if i remember correctly, when changing the battery, you have to reset up the unit with your name, birthdate etc.
I was going to add one of those extra battery packs made by datel, but the ds would then not set flat, so i didn't keep it attached. but i did pull the battery and my settings were all lost.
I have had my ds battery last 12+ hours so you should be good.

You can use electronics on a plane.

But listen buddy. Having just done 13-14 hour flights a few weeks ago with my DS and SP in tow, I can tell you that a DS will almost get you through a 10-12 hour flight. Think of this: you'll lose 1.5/2 hours of playing time just taking off and landing, since you can't use electronics during that time. That gives you 8-10 hours, and, in my experience, my DS usually lasts a little over 8 hours per charge. Add in an in-flight movie or a couple episodes of Everybody Loves Raymond (I say this because it's been shown on every flight I've been on in the last few years, no matter who I flew with) and you're set with a single DS charge.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Do you REALLY intend to play it for the full 10-12 hours? 'Cause that'd perhaps be a little too hardcore.[/QUOTE]

No, but with a layover and the time spent waiting for the flight in the airport, I probably won't be at a place to charge the DS for much longer than just the 10-12 hours for the flight.

the official batteries are only $15 iirc, so it's not that expensive. Also, all the game saves are stored on the ds cards, so you won't be losing those, not sure about system settings.

you can use electronics on flight as long as you use no wireless or wifi signals... I played my PSP and DS for a few hours on a plane and the crew had no problems.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']you can use electronics on flight as long as you use no wireless or wifi signals... I played my PSP and DS for a few hours on a plane and the crew had no problems.[/quote]if you try to visit a friend's animal crossing town from the plane, the wifi signal will make it crash!!

you can get an after market battery cover that doesnt need a screwdriver to be opened, i bought an off brand battery and it works just fine. if you take the battery out for more than a few seconds then you will lose your system settings but if you change it quickly you shouldnt have a problem, i dont know about the wifi settings since i havent used them yet.

[quote name='wheels']you can get an after market battery cover that doesnt need a screwdriver to be opened, i bought an off brand battery and it works just fine. if you take the battery out for more than a few seconds then you will lose your system settings but if you change it quickly you shouldnt have a problem, i dont know about the wifi settings since i havent used them yet.[/quote]

I would get that, so you don't need a screwdriver, cuz the screwdriver may get detected at the metal thingy.

the one i got was Pelican brand, i paid $15 for it i think they are still out there in the stores

bread's done
Back