DS for your parent(s)...

qbkorso

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I am thinking of getting my mom a DS lite for her birthday. I was wondering what games beside Big Brain and Brain Age do you think are good for her (non-gaming people in general).

I introduced my mom to Brain Age a while ago, and she's actually planning on getting her own DS now. She really likes Brain Age and Big Brain Academy, obviously. She's also into Tetris, so you might want to try that, and I told her about Pogo Island and New York Times Crossword and she's going to buy those.

Give your parents some credit. My mom absolutely loves and is thoroughly addicted to Elite Beat Agents.

Clubhouse games. My mom is technological roadkill and even she would learn to use a DS to play bridge and hearts and spades, etc...

if only it had freecell is would never leave my DS.

My mom bought a DS before I did and then told me that I had to go get one so we could play together.

Getting your mom a DS is not a bad move.

I second the suggestions for Clubhouse Games. My mom isn't that into video games (She'll play Wii Sports and Wii Play with me, but other than that hasn't picked up a controller since the days of Sega Genesis) but she regularly asks if she can play Clubhouse Games. She loves chess and the poker games. Last week she hijacked my DS for about three hours to play chess.

I just introduced my mom to Meteos since she likes puzzle games a lot and she's playing it right now by herself, so maybe try that one out.

How about Hotel Dusk? It seems like a pretty good fit for a non-gamer, especially people who enjoy reading. I'm planning on having my mom try it out the next time I'm home, I think she'll enjoy it.

My dad doesnt play video games. He thinks they are a huge waste fo time. However, he loves Tetris. He hijacked my DS for the week he was here visiting me last year. So I would say...go with Tetris DS. Everyone likes Tetris (well almost everyone). Clubhouse Games is a good choice and my mother LOVES Spyro. So it just depends on what they like I guess.

[quote name='qbkorso']Do you think Phoenix Wright would be good?[/quote]From a gameplay perspective yeah, but I think a lot of the humor and stuff might be lost on a non-gamer.

[quote name='mickeyp']The minigames on New super mario bros. are fun my mom liked those. She also liked Kirby canvas curse. Mickey[/quote]

I can vouch for this. I brought over my Pink DS Lite when she visited, and said, "Wow, I like this game, I need me one of these" when she played NSMB.

What color should I get her?

I have a white one so I am kind of thinking I want her to have a different color.

She's not really a girly girl so I think pink it out. But black? err!!! I dunno.

My parents are pac man additics, I've given them my old NES and GBA so they can go crazy...

I'm now thinking to up grade them to a DS, other than Brain Age, I'm planning to get them Pac Pix... can any of you who have experienced pac pix tell me how hard is it to get into and if it's a good long lasting game?

My parents are very much behind in terms of technology, took me a long time just teaching them how to use a mouse and MSN messanger so they can chat to me online....

easy to learn puzzle games are your best bet. I'm thinking Tetris and Zoo Keeper (highly under-rated game) would be a good start.

[quote name='natureboy46']easy to learn puzzle games are your best bet. I'm thinking Tetris and Zoo Keeper (highly under-rated game) would be a good start.[/quote]its like bejeweled, but with animals :D which amounts to hours of fun goodness :applause:

bread's done
Back