DS Game Cases

Wet Ninja

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Collectors rejoice: the reign of cardboard boxes for cartridge games has ended. According to an article on Gamespy, Nintendo DS games will be packaged in hard plastic cases similar to the ones Gamecube games use, but closer to the size of a GBA game box. Inside the case, the left side stores the instruction manual, while the right side holds the DS cartridge and, optionally, a GBA cartridge.

nintendo-ds-cartidge-cases-20041118015225948.jpg

nintendo-ds-cartidge-cases-20041118015226464.jpg

Having space for a GBA is great for games (like Harvest Moon DS) that feature connectivity with a GBA game. Here's another benefit of having a slot for a GBA game inside a DS case:
If you're a hardcore (and obsessive) GBA player, you can order blank game card cases from Nintendo's online store, scan your GBA boxes, modify the scanned art so that it's the proper proportions..., print the modified art out, and create custom plastic GBA cases. You know you want to.

This is definitely great news for gamers who care about packaging. It could mean that the GBA will be the last system to use cardboard boxes. For most people, that's a good thing.

Cool I will just slip 5 of those cases in my pocket.

Oh noes, they don't fit in t3h pockets! Must buy t3h extra cases for $1 each!

At least they are smaller than PSP cases. =\

Finally a view to see the width, I had been wondering that for a while now, looks pretty good, hopefully finding complete games will be less of a chore than finding GBA games now.

i was so close to buying a ds today, but i held off. maybe i should go up to my k mart to see what they have.

*ponders for a while*

](*,) Cursed credit card, must not use, need to pay bill ](*,)

what do the games that are out now come in cardboard boxes?
is this something that will be implemented in the future and the games that are out now come in gba type cardboard boxes??

[quote name='cag1000']what do the games that are out now come in cardboard boxes?
is this something that will be implemented in the future and the games that are out now come in gba type cardboard boxes??[/quote]

No, all DS games come in the plastic cases similar to the Gamecube cases, but about the size of a GBA game box. We were saying that, because the DS game cases have a slot for a GBA game, if you don't like the GBA game cardboad boxes, you can order extra DS game cases from Nintendo's online store and use them to store your GBA games. To make them extra fancy, you can modify the GBA cover art to fit a DS case and print it out so you have your GBA games in hard plastic DS cases with their cover art. See organicow's thread for GBA cover art that's been modified to fit DS cases.

[quote name='secretvampire']
I only posted that these would come in plastick half dvd style cases over 2 months before this topick.

Do you want a cookie?[/quote]

no, he wants a brownie...

[quote name='DenisDFat']No, I want stupid people to stop making stupid posts.[/quote]

Wow DDF. You are really a nice guy....and really funny, too!

bread's done
Back