DS games at E3- what was there?

dallow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Anyone have a list or care to share what quality games were shown at E3 for DS?

I mean, we all saw Golden Sun, and we know about Dragon Quest IX.
For some reason, I'm drawing a blank for much else.

No Okamiden made me sad though.
EDIT: IT WAS THERE!

I'll start with the list:

Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City
Dragon Quest IX
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
Mario vs DK 2: Mini Mayem (or something)
Okamiden
Professor Layton and the Unwound Future

Last edited by a moderator:
Okamiden is the only one that caught my eye, as I LOVED Okami.

But I'm still bummed that it's a DS game as the visuals are such a huge step down from the gorgeous PS2/Wii game. Would have loved to see a sequel on the HD consoles or at least the Wii.

I guess interest in DS is dead. :(

There was a game supposed to come out his month, and it disappeared.
Diamond Trust of London.... wonder what happened.

[quote name='dmaul1114']

But I'm still bummed that [Okamiden is] a DS game as the visuals are such a huge step down from the gorgeous [/QUOTE]

True, but it looks damn good for a DS game, and the stylus should work great for the celestial brush.

aside from Okamiden and Golden Sun the other games are been out in Japan for awhile. The DS is going to go the way of GBA fast

[quote name='BIG5']True, but it looks damn good for a DS game, and the stylus should work great for the celestial brush.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I kind of figure I'll pass though. I haven't touched my DS in ages and I just can't see myself playing a longer game on the DS when I can't keep up with 360 games. Just hard to get motivated to sit around the house and play something on a tiny screen instead of my big HDTV. :(

I'm kinda curious if Layton 4 will also be a DS game, since it already exists as such.

Nintendo's page has a few more, not sure if these were actually at E3 in some way, but I assume they are:

http://e3.nintendo.com/ds/

Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs
Final Fantasy: 4 Heroes of Light
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
Legends of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole
Rock Band 3
Sonic Colors
Super Scribblenauts

Yeah, supposedly Super Scribblenauts fixed all of the control problems from the first game, so I'm kind of interested in that. But I'll wait for reviews just to make sure.

[quote name='dmaul1114']That just gets another frown from me as I don't plan on buying one. Only got a DS for some 2D games since there were next to none on the 360, don't need a 3D portable system. :([/QUOTE]

3D function can be turned off

[quote name='dmaul1114']That just gets another frown from me as I don't plan on buying one. Only got a DS for some 2D games since there were next to none on the 360, don't need a 3D portable system. :([/QUOTE]

Every game has different wants/needs. I alternate about half an half between my 360 and DSi, with some Wii action sprinkled in sometimes. Personally, I wish I had a PSP and PS3 to play some of the exclusives, but because both systems don't have that many games I want, I'm holding off until a major deal or boost in my cash flow.

Every system has its perks, but not every system is right for everyone. If the 3DS only has 10 or so games in its lifetime you have a vague interest in, it's probably not great to jump on the bandwagon unless you're just overflowing in moolah. (And if you're overflowing in Moolah, can I have a PSP? :D)

[quote name='62t']3D function can be turned off[/QUOTE]

That doesn't help him, though. From my understanding, you won't be able to play 3DS games in the DS, even despite the fact games can be played without 3D enabled. The DS just won't be powerful enough.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Every game has different wants/needs. I alternate about half an half between my 360 and DSi, with some Wii action sprinkled in sometimes. Personally, I wish I had a PSP and PS3 to play some of the exclusives, but because both systems don't have that many games I want, I'm holding off until a major deal or boost in my cash flow.

Every system has its perks, but not every system is right for everyone. If the 3DS only has 10 or so games in its lifetime you have a vague interest in, it's probably not great to jump on the bandwagon unless you're just overflowing in moolah. (And if you're overflowing in Moolah, can I have a PSP? :D)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I seldom touch my DS anymore with the lack of 2D games. Was great early on with the Castlevania games, NSMB etc. which was why I bought it (and the GBA before it)

I never needed a portable gaming system as I only game at home. So with the lack of 2D games--which will be even worse on the 3DS obviously--I just have no reason to buy one.

[quote name='utopianmachine']That doesn't help him, though. From my understanding, you won't be able to play 3DS games in the DS, even despite the fact games can be played without 3D enabled. The DS just won't be powerful enough.[/QUOTE]

Yep, that's how I understand it. You can turn off 3D when playing 3DS games on a 3DS--but that doesn't mean I can stick a 3DS game in my DS lite and play it.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I never needed a portable gaming system as I only game at home. So with the lack of 2D games--which will be even worse on the 3DS obviously--I just have no reason to buy one.[/QUOTE]

I feel you. Even though the DS is categorized as a portable game system, I game 99% of the time at home. But if you're at home and you'd rather play a game on a big screen tv, that makes sense too.

bread's done
Back