DS/GBA Connectivity Question

magikman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
DS Noob here... sorry if this has been asked, a search didn't turn up anything...

I know that the DS can't link to a GBA, and I am thinking that you would lose all multiplayer features of a GBA game by playing it on a DS, but can someone confirm this? There's no ability to connect wirelessly and play a multi-player GBA game (i.e. Dr. Mario) on two DS'es, correct?

Thanks!

AFAIK you're right, no multiplayer GBA on a DS. I can't confirm it since I have no friends :whistle2:( Well nobody else has a DS anyway.

Confirmed by me. ;) GBA games only work in single-player mode on the DS. It would be cool if the addressed that with the DS Lite...

That's correct. The GBA slot was an afterthought, thrown in during the last phase of project Nitro (the DS' development codename). Miyamato has gone on record saying he didn't know it was going to be included until it was already being manufactured.

As a result, the DS was only given the ability to play GBA games since adding in all the hardware to make it a full blown GBA would have made it bulkier and asymmetrical inside. I'm hoping Nintendo makes a third iteration of the DS with the GBA slot dropped altogether.

bread's done
Back