DS General Chat

[quote name='sixersballernum3']I would suggest finding a way to play it first. It seems to be a love it or hate it game.[/QUOTE]

is this polarium you're talking about? i guess im on the former. i personally thought it was pretty cool... i only played the puzzle mode though. i heard the challenge mode is over really fast ie it gets impossible...

if you want to try out the puzzle mode of polarium, you can head over to http://polarium.nintendods.com/index2.html and try the online demo nintendo has up there.

i'm personally waiting for a price drop or sale on this game. $30 is too much for the game in my opinion.

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3142492

Has anyone heard of this game Ouendan? It was released in Japan last month and has been getting some great reviews (some touting it as the best DS games so far). Famitsu gave it a 9/8/9/9 (35/40). Apparently, it doesn't have much Japanese text for those who would like to import. It doesn't seem like a game that would be released here.

I'm probably putting an order in for Ouendan sometime later this week. If I do, i'll give my impressions. In case anyone is too lazy to look up this game or click on the link, it's by the makers of Gitaroo Man and the songs actually have vocals.

I picked up Zookeeper at Gamestop for $19.99 yesterday. EB still has it for $39! I was always a fan of Bejeweled, especially on my Palm Pilot, but Zookeeper takes it a step further and adds a lot of little gameplay items that keep more interesting. I brought it home, got in bed last night and booted it up. My wife was laying next to me and when she heard "Welcome to Zoo Keeper" she lit up and said "GIMME GIMME!!" and proceeded to play it for 45 min.

Its a great little puzzle game. Between it and Meteos I won't be putting the DS down for a while. As for Polarium, after playing that demo listed above on the Nintendo site and trying the demo at the kiosk, I have to give a big thumbs down...ZZZZZZZ. As was said, its a love it or hate it thing.

What's everyone's opinion on Puyo Pop Fever? I have the GCN version and think it's pretty good. Is it worth getting the DS version as well? I know Atlus is handling the NA version so it's probably a limited release.

[quote name='Parathod']What's everyone's opinion on Puyo Pop Fever? I have the GCN version and think it's pretty good. Is it worth getting the DS version as well? I know Atlus is handling the NA version so it's probably a limited release.[/QUOTE]

In my opinion Puyo Puyo works best in portable form when you can just bust it out whenever youu feel like it. Having Puyo on the DS made me not even hate Fever mode as much as I did on GC. I still think it is a terrible gimmick, but it is finding a place.

Anyway, I think that Puyo Pop for GBA is the pinnicle of the series, but if you have played it to death like me and need another fix it works well enough on DS. I think the AI is a little better on this version, but that might be just Fever mode making it harder.

And I've had no trouble finding this in stores like some of the other releases. Atlus has done well.

Puyo Pop Fever is not worth a purchase, especially if you have the GCN version. The touch-screen control is horrible (stick with the d-pad), and there is hardly any difference at all between the console and handheld versions. Voice acting even remains.
Don't get me wrong, I love the series. I just can't justify buying it when I own the nearly-identical GameCube game.

Portability is a plus, I suppose, but if you want a handheld Puyo game, totally go for the GBA one.

a good thing about puyo pop fever on ds is the single cart 8-player multiplayer... though i guess for most people, it'll be hard to find 7 other people to play with... still a cool thing to have.

I'm surprise that there is hardly anyone that is looking forward to Advance Wars: Dual Strike! This game looks awesome! I played the hell out of the first Advance Wars and I can't wait for this one. Honest Gamers gave it a 10/10! http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/924889.asp

I think Nintendogs is going to be pretty cool too. I can hardly wait for Castlevania, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, Lost in Blue, a good RPG (Lunar?), and that Trauma Center game looks like a blast.

From what I own already for the DS, Kirby, Mario, Feel the Magic, Spiderman 2, and Warioware. I'd have to say Kirby is my favorite.

Warioware is fun because it has quick mini games and some cool little toys that you can unlock.

Feel the Magic has more in-depth mini games and has more of a story to it then Warioware. Both of those mini game type of games are great, in my opinion.

Mario is also really fun, has some awesome minigames, and I get a kick out of the multiplayer.

Spiderman 2 is the shittiest game for the DS. The only reason I have it is because my cousin gave it to me for my birthday. He had the gift receipt too. He wanted to play it, so he opened it.. I played it for about 10 minutes and it got boring as hell. It might be fun for some of the younger ones though, ages 10 and under maybe?

Anyways, that's just my 2 cents.

Also, VGM, how is Nanostray? Is it worth the $30 or $40 price tag? Anyone else played it? Opinions?

[quote name='Technique']Also, VGM, how is Nanostray? Is it worth the $30 or $40 price tag? Anyone else played it? Opinions?[/QUOTE]

I got it today. I like it. The weapon switching is a little annoying, since my fingers are occupied and not stylus ready. I just use my thumb, no biggie.

The gameplay is good, I think it's a solid game.

It's price is 30 bucks though, not 40. Just so you know.

You can find it used at GS Online for 20, but that's back ordered.

As for finding it new, I found the last one in my area that I know of today. I check my TRU and Wal Mart, no dice. Found the last one at Game Stop. Seems to be scarce. And EBGames doesn't have it at all. =\

I was gonna wait for it to hit 20 sometime, but since Majesco filed Chapter 11 or something like that, I figured it may be scarce. At GS.com, it said my GS would be getting no more copies in. So I figured what the hell and bought it.

[quote name='Technique']I'm surprise that there is hardly anyone that is looking forward to Advance Wars: Dual Strike! This game looks awesome! I played the hell out of the first Advance Wars and I can't wait for this one. Honest Gamers gave it a 10/10! http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/924889.asp

Also, VGM, how is Nanostray? Is it worth the $30 or $40 price tag? Anyone else played it? Opinions?[/QUOTE]

I didn't mention it because it's the same shit over and over again, and I didn't like the shit that much to begin with, if you get what I'm saying.

Yes. But don't take my opinion. I thought DMC2 was worth $50. Bitches.

I got Yoshi Touch and Go and Meteos today. Normally I would never get Meteos for anything over $15, but you can't beat free.

EDIT: Alright, I was wrong, Meteos is the best puzzle game on the DS that I've played. I was dissapointed with Yoshi's Touch and Go, it felt like a Kirby: CC clone (or maybe the other way around).

General question here.

Can you use the Nintendo DS and link to the GBA?

Or can you use the Nintendo DS to use as a controller on gamecube for say zelda 4 swords?

Or both?

-Adam

[quote name='alive741']General question here.

Can you use the Nintendo DS and link to the GBA?

Or can you use the Nintendo DS to use as a controller on gamecube for say zelda 4 swords?

Or both?

-Adam[/QUOTE]
No to all, sadly.

[quote name='alive741']Ouch. =/[/QUOTE]

Well see thats what the GBA is for. The DS is not the NExt GBA its the DS..
The next GBA is coming and no I dont mean micro.

[quote name='lilboo']You must be really excited about Pac-Pix huh? ;)[/QUOTE]

Not really. I played the first stage last night and realized the game would be the same ol same ol.

I am really pleased with the DS. I used to think the PSP was going to be the better handheld but I was very wrong. My collection is coming together quite nicely.

Feel the Magic USA
Feel the Magic Japanese (On the way) Under $25
Golden Eye: Rouge Agent (On the way) $20
Guru Guru Nagetto
Kirby: Canvas Curse
Meteos $0
Mr. Driller Drill Spirts
Nanostray
Pac-Pix $0
Polarium $13
Ridge Racer DS
Sprung
Super Mario 64 DS (Should be getting from a friend soon)
WarioWare (In talks)
Yoshi Touch and Go
Zoo Keeper

The DS is terrific I really like playing GBA games on it though more than anything
Harmony of Dissonance looks insane on the DSs upper screen. A fun system but I am waiting for Metroid, Castlevania , Trauma Center before I throw down money on a new DS game.

[quote name='The VGM']Not really. I played the first stage last night and realized the game would be the same ol same ol.
[/QUOTE]

I only said that because your post got posted 3 times..LOL

[quote name='encendido5']N00b question here... Can you play GBA games on either screen or does the DS choose it for you?[/QUOTE]
You get to pick.

However, you can't configure the controls, so you're stuck with the awkward reverse-diagnol A and B.

[quote name='encendido5']N00b question here... Can you play GBA games on either screen or does the DS choose it for you?[/QUOTE]

You can select your prefrence in the DS's option screens. Top is suggested due to clarity and the speakers are right there

I see, thanks! Sucks about the buttons though. I guess I'll be keeping my SP for more reasons than playing 4 swords and crystal chronicles on the cube.

[quote name='Snake2715']Pic Pax isnt all that great then?[/QUOTE]

Well if you just like drawing Pac Man and lines, it's great, otherwise no.

http://www.planetgamecube.com/dsreleases.cfm

I just saw this list of release dates for the DS. If I counted correctly and the dates are accurate, then there is scheduled to be 18 games (20 if you count 3 Nintendogs versions) released from today through the end of October. There are at least 9 games in that list that I would like to pick up.

Add in the number expected for the holiday season and I think you are looking at over 40 games (maybe 50) through the end of the year. Plus, I would expect the WiFi Connection service to be up and running by November. Also possible coming is the Metroid Prime Hunters pack-in, maybe some new DS colors.

-Looks-

I'm definately getting Nintendogs.

Pac N' Roll, Tony Hawk look like a maybe for me. Most liekly a yes. =P.

Spider Man I'd rather get on console...

Mario KArt, Animal Crossing and the 2 Ultimate games are DEFINATES for me. =D

Nintendo of Europe plans to show some surprises.

Nintendo of Europe announced the line-up for their show at the Games Convention 2005 in Leipzig.

Nintendo DS:
Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Band Brothers
Brain Exercise (GC-Demo)
Brain Train (GC-Demo)
Electroplankton
Mario & Luigi 2 (GC-Demo)
Mario Kart DS (GC-Demo)
Meteos
Metroid Prime Hunters (GC-Demo)
Metroid Prime Pinball (GC-Demo)
New Super Mario Bros (GC-Demo)
Nintendogs
Pac'n Roll (GC-Demo)
Snowboard Kids (GC-Demo)
Touch Golf (GC-Demo)
Touch! Kirby
Trauma Center

Game Boy Advance:
Digitylish Series
Donkey Kong Country 3
Dr. Mario & Tetris Attack (GC-Demo)
Dynasty Warriors
Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones
Mario Tennis Advance (GC-Demo)
Pokemon Emerald Version
Polarium Micro (GC-Demo)
Wario Ware Twisted
Game Boy Micro hardware

GameCube:
Battallion Wars (GC-Demo)
Chibi Robo (GC-Demo)
Dancing Stage Mario Mix
Fire Emblem
Geist
Mario Baseball
Mario Party 7 (GC-Demo)
Mario Smash Football (GC-Demo)
Odama (GC-Demo)
Pokemon XD (GC-Demo)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (GC-Demo)

It's surprising to see games like Band Brothers (Japan: Daigasso! Band-Brothers) or the brain training games in the European Nintendo DS line-up.

There are also new games for the Game Boy Advance. For Polarium Micro (Japan: Tsuukin Hitofude) and Dr. Mario & Tetris Attack (one game) it's the first time they are shown to the public.

Beside this large line-up there is the possibility to download several demos at one of the download stations. It's unknown which games will be available there.

Source: http://gba.n64europe.com/index.php?id=3981

I'm REALLY hoping for a US Daigasso! release. That's why I'm importing Ouendan isntead of it or Electroplankton- they may be coming to US.

[quote name='Parathod']There are also new games for the Game Boy Advance. For Polarium Micro (Japan: Tsuukin Hitofude) and Dr. Mario & Tetris Attack (one game) it's the first time they are shown to the public.[/QUOTE]I was totally expecting Dr. Mario & Tetris Attack to never leave Japan. Now that it's apparently coming to Europe, does that most likely mean that it'll also come stateside?

[quote name='Javil']I was totally expecting Dr. Mario & Tetris Attack to never leave Japan. Now that it's apparently coming to Europe, does that most likely mean that it'll also come stateside?[/QUOTE]

I have doubt it would be released here as they already release the Classic NES of Dr. Mario on the GBA.

I would, however, be interested in the Brain Training games.

[quote name='tinskat']I have doubt it would be released here as they already release the Classic NES of Dr. Mario on the GBA.[/QUOTE]I was thinking that, too, but doesn't Europe also have the same Classic NES Dr. Mario?

IT'S HERE!!! my ds is finally here.
Guys, one question: How does a new DS game loook like? The website Bregames says I get one new NDS, with 2 used games. The system is undoubtedly new. But the games I have in front of me (SM64DS + ridge racer) are wrapped (with that wrapper thing), sealed. So Does the new games have somekind of seal like you find in PS2 games? Or just Saran wrapper like these?

bread's done
Back