DS Lite $74.97 at RadioShack B&M

[quote name='Dendaman']According to the GS TIV thread, $25 as of a month ago. It's probably dropped since then, but with the $25 bonus trade in on hardware promo they have going right now, you're still looking at cutting this clearance price in half at the very least...worth the upgrade imo.[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected and surprised :cool:

I got the blue/black one for $64.99. It was the last one. The RS near my house is only 5 minutes away. I tried using the coupon but with no avail. Still, I'm one happy camper.

[quote name='token2k6']ha, $109.99 on Ebay, out of pocket at least $82, difference $28, after fees, you're making what, $20? here's a protip kids: get a job that pays you at least that per hour and you won't have to flip![/QUOTE]

Plenty of people will probably earn under $20 per hour early on in their careers, even when you figure in a relatively light work year (237 days) at 8 hours per day. If you're earning around 40k/per, you're over $20 per hour, but just slightly...

Then again, this is not figuring in benefits such as various insurances and retirement funds, which can boost incomes by thousands of dollars annually.

Point is, let's not further dilute the youth of this country with the idea that they are going to be making $100,000+ by their 30s... some may, but the majority won't. And those who won't will include college professors, scientists, writers, film makers, programmers, and on and on and on...

Not that I'm advocating flipping, but a point had to be made.

oh zenintrude, I was just trying to be witty..I'm not against flipping (done my fair share w/ 'free' BB games in the past) but when the deals bring out the hoarders and they're suddenly on eBay, that's going over board

I thought it was funny as shit last month when all the hardcover guides pennied at BB and people were listing them on Amazon and eBay, suddenly everyone was being undercut to where they were selling them for like $8. I did try to list on Amazon and eBay, but once I got thru to the 3rd page of how to become a seller, I just gave up, they don't make it easy..

[quote name='token2k6']ha, $109.99 on Ebay, out of pocket at least $82, difference $28, after fees, you're making what, $20? here's a protip kids: get a job that pays you at least that per hour and you won't have to flip![/QUOTE]

Amen, friend :)

I picked up a silver one for $75 this morning. They didn't have any on display or in cases anywhere, but they got one out of the back room for me, and I gathered they still had more back there.

I'm happy, I've been wanting a Lite to replace my old fatty one but didn't want to pay $100+, and now I can let my friend keep the old one.

[quote name='TheToE']What are some good games for this thing? I love JRPG's![/QUOTE]

Dragon Quest V was a great game - I absolutely loved the story.

And using the coupons was an epic failure for me as well =/

[quote name='TheToE']What are some good games for this thing? I love JRPG's![/QUOTE]
There are about 40 games I can think of.

[quote name='Dendaman']How widespread is the cracked hinge issue with Lites? Contemplating just keeping my old Phat as a backup if it's bad.[/QUOTE]

My old Crimson is still going strong without any hinge issue and I played it for hundreds of hours.

[quote name='token2k6']oh zenintrude, I was just trying to be witty..I'm not against flipping (done my fair share w/ 'free' BB games in the past) but when the deals bring out the hoarders and they're suddenly on eBay, that's going over board

I thought it was funny as shit last month when all the hardcover guides pennied at BB and people were listing them on Amazon and eBay, suddenly everyone was being undercut to where they were selling them for like $8. I did try to list on Amazon and eBay, but once I got thru to the 3rd page of how to become a seller, I just gave up, they don't make it easy..[/QUOTE]
Why sell on Amazon or eBay when you could just sell the guides to Amazon(actually Nor-Am) and make $100+ for just 30 some guides.;) Mind you it's in Amazon credit, but that's easily converted...if you know the way to do so.:D

I might get a DS (of an type) when they're clearanced out for less than $50 . . . just not worth it at a higher price, too much shovelware and kiddie games to be worth it, the dual [and small] screens are annoying, resolution is terrible, graphics are weak.

Shovelware? The DS is capable of playing basically the best handheld lineup to ever exist, the DS and the GBA library. Granted, there is a lot of trash but let's not pretend there aren't amazing games for the DS.

You can wait for clearance at $50, meanwhile people are killing themselves to buy these @ $75, so I think you'll probably be waiting awhile for that price.

I couldn't find any near me (actually found one an hour and a half away but it's not worth the trip.)

yeah, sub $75 is gonna be hard. I wasn't around here when last gen consoles fled the market (GCN and Xbox) so I don't know what the absolute lowest price could have been, but I bet not much less than $75. How low did the first gen DS go? when they were clearing out GBA's, I never saw less than $50, which I just laughed at..

Now, will closer to $75 become the norm? I'm sure, but stock is going to get lighter and lighter though to where are would be left at every Best Buy and Wal-Mart would be the pink one..

I was able to pick up my red/black unit and use the coupon. Also picked up a plastic case on clearance for $2.97..not a bad deal at all!

Just found out my sister and cousin both want an XL...thus rendering the Pink and Blue Lites useless to me. If any CAG want one, I could always sell them for a very small profit (90 shipped) -- more like a convenience charge. If not, I'm taking them back to the store.

Also, if any of you are interested, I only deal with Amazon Payments. I assume most of you have an Amazon account, so it'll be a quick setup.

Thank you OP. The DS lite in my opinion is still the best version of the DS. Love the GBA port and the battery life of the system more so than the slight improvements and reductiveness of the DSi.

Haha, the RadioShack I stopped at in Brooksville, FL (small towns FTW) had one Silver one in stock- at $64.97.

I snagged that one up and two DS Lite starter kits (case, headphones, 3 styli, screen protectors, and cloth) for $3.97 each, as well as a Wireless GameCube/Wii controller for either $5.97 or $8.97 (forget which), and a PS2 controller for $7.97.

The manager there was so helpful, it was shocking. He checked every store's stock within about 100 miles. He even called one store, who said they just sold it to someone like 3 minutes before he called. Oh well, 1/2 of my being the awesome uncle at Christmas down, another half to go.

Tampa CAGs: New Port Richey RadioShack supposedly has 2 Silvers left. That was as of 4pm, so they may be gone.

Saw this on Slickdeals just when I was about to go out for dinner. Printed out the $10 coupon, hustled into my local Shaq and made the deal for a red/black one. Still 2 left (the same color).

The worker had a bit of an issue getting the coupon to register, but all's well that ends well and saves me some dough!

heres a thought CAGers, PRICE MATCH at BEST BUY (assuming you have one close enough to a Shaq). If they say no proof, its online =P. might try to do it later when im off work at a BB w/ my reciept n see if i can snag another for 75 :bouncy:

Due to some rather unfortunate events my wife & I are drastically downsizing everything we own & I am even selling my gaming pc. I really don't want to sell it, but it's kind of freeing in a way to physically own less stuff that I won't ever use need.

That being said I might be in the market of buying one of these DS Lites rather soon.

I was fortunate enough to know a good Radio Shack near by that was willing to hold the two ds lites (its for my kids, not flipping before I get yelled at). Apparently, there were quite a few inquiries on DS lite that was on placed hold for me. Manager honored his word and kept both on hold for me, hence I always try to get back to this specific Radio Shack. Tried to use the $25 off coupon per link provided and the manager was more than willing but the system came up saying that it's been used (probably by one of you:lol:). I still had the $10 of $40 and that went through ok (go figure). Silver one came up at $75 as well as the crimson one. Also bought the 3rd party Dsi starter kit (didn't have the Ds Lite) for less than $3 each. Checked the case and it fits fine. Can't complain. Great deal. My kids will be happy. Thanks OP!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a white one, the box appeared to be open but I looked at it and it seems to work fine. Thanks OP, does anyone know if there is a difference between the original white ones and the other colors or do they hold up just as well as other?

[quote name='DRKnight']I got a white one, the box appeared to be open but I looked at it and it seems to work fine. Thanks OP, does anyone know if there is a difference between the original white ones and the other colors or do they hold up just as well as other?[/QUOTE]

The white ones shouldn't be any different than the other ones, just the color.

[quote name='opportunity777']Either the store locator doesn't work, or there are none left around me within 500 miles.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised - quite a few resellers picked up at least 10 or more yesterday.

Plenty left in NYC as of yesterday evening. Went to a store in Queens and they had at least 20 units left in different colors. I got a metallic silver one. Thanks OP!

Hey guy I looking for 3-4 of them as gifts preferable 1 of each color I am will ing to $90 plus shipping for priority mail if anyone can help ke out I greAtly appriatte it unfortunately I have to work both todAy and tomorrow and can't look myself Thanks fellow CAGers if u can help

[quote name='acaraba2']Hey guy I looking for 3-4 of them as gifts preferable 1 of each color I am will ing to $90 plus shipping for priority mail if anyone can help ke out I greAtly appriatte it unfortunately I have to work both todAy and tomorrow and can't look myself Thanks fellow CAGers if u can help[/QUOTE]

I sent you a PM.

Damn I missed this! I am looking for one for a nephew but damnit its all gone in my area! :(

If anyone bought extras let me know.

I went looking for this and didn't have any luck, but the Radio Shack I did go to had a Xbox Elite for $130.97 so I bought that instead!! :bouncy:

[quote name='modano79']I went looking for this and didn't have any luck, but the Radio Shack I did go to had a Xbox Elite for $130.97 so I bought that instead!! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Nice find!

[quote name='modano79']I went looking for this and didn't have any luck, but the Radio Shack I did go to had a Xbox Elite for $130.97 so I bought that instead!! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Nice find! The one by me was still at $199

Didn't think we'd see DSLs cheaper than Amazon's recent lighting deals so soon. Even worse is the nagging jealousy for that magical $64.97 price. The silver rang up $75 for me. Now I have to return the Seattle White and likely eat shipping.

Anyone personally familiar with RS's return policy? I could have picked up another for a gift, but the 'Gaming HW Return Policy' listed under the DSL item on the receipt only mentions returns for store credit.

I couldn't find details on their website regarding gaming hardware, or clearance items.

Got a silver one, thanks OP.

Damn it, now i have to go looking for an Elite tonight.

[quote name='Ace_Defective']Got a silver one, thanks OP.

Damn it, now i have to go looking for an Elite tonight.[/QUOTE]

LOL sorry I couldn't help but mention it. Happy hunting!! :D

Anyone have a link to the 25 off 100? I took one in today and was denied. Said it had been used already. I have found several links on the internet but the code on the coupon doesnt change when you refresh the page.

No luck in DFW. Also WalMart won't price match.

I was hoping to take to one I had bought for my son back to Best Buy and get this one $50 cheaper.

No luck on the Elite front, but one store had the Kung-Fu Panda, Lego Indiana Jones bundle for $144.98. It was open & it looked like someone dropped the box out of a 2nd story window, so no cheap 360 for me.

All I have is amazon credit, I am willing to buy 85.00 worth of a CAG's desired stuff and ship it to your desired address for a guy colored (no pink) DS lite shipped to my place.

Or if anyone knows how to transfer amazon credit that would be good too.

Just in time for Christmas! :D Picked up the following units from 3 different Radio Shacks for the little ones:

Crimson DS Lite :ds: 64.97
Silver DS Lite :ds: 64.97
Cobalt DS Lite :ds: 74.97

Tried using the $10 off coupon at all 3 stores and was shot down. The fine print reads you can't use this coupon on gaming hardware lol. Happy holidays to all! This deal made my day.

[quote name='caMOFOg']Just in time for Christmas! :D Picked up the following units from 3 different Radio Shacks for the little ones:

Crimson DS Lite :ds: 64.97
Silver DS Lite :ds: 64.97
Cobalt DS Lite :ds: 74.97

Tried using the $10 off coupon at all 3 stores and was shot down. The fine print reads you can't use this coupon on gaming hardware lol. Happy holidays to all! This deal made my day.[/QUOTE]

Lucky you got most of them for that low price :cool:

I'm gonna try to pick up that pink one soon! LMAO

I don't care if it's pink...I'm confident in my manhood. :lol: ...especially for that price!

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']I'm gonna try to pick up that pink one soon! LMAO

I don't care if it's pink...I'm confident in my manhood. :lol: ...especially for that price![/QUOTE]

You'll get a lot of winks and phone numbers, that's for sure.

bread's done
Back