DS Lite Bundle @ Costco

mofo1115

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
This deal is only for those who don't mind paying a little bit more for the protection of Costco's warranty. Keep in mind that you are allowed to return this years into the future for your purchase price if you were so inclined. I realize the price is not exactly hot if you don't want the costco protection. This is also good for dead pixels or any other type or problems.

Personally, I've been waiting for this to hit costco.com but a lot of costcos have it at B&M so thats an option too.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11137478&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=

* Nintendo DS™ Lite Hardware
* New Super Mario Bros.™ Game
* Accessory Bundle: Glow in the dark stylus, screen cleaning cloth, screen protector, and compatible earbuds

$165.99 + (Ship or Pickup) + Tax

What's the costco warranty? I don't see that anywhere. It doesn't exactly seem like a horrible deal either, since the same bundle at Gamestop (Or roughly the same bundle) runs $200.

You can return it to any Costco anywhere for many years (I forgot exactly how long they gave gaming systems) with or without a receipt (with a receipt is better and easier though) and get a full refund, absolutely no questions asked. Go to the costco thread in the deal discussion area to learn more about costco.

I could see doing this for the Xbox360 or PS3. But for the DS, for which Nintendo provides a 1 year warranty, including replacement for bad pixels, I don't see paying this much for it (I'd rather use credit at a game store). Plus the DS is a fairly stable beast at this point and unlikely to simply die on you after the Nintendo warranty period in any case.

Really the only issue with the DS is dead/stuck pixels. I got one of the original ones with 2 stuck pixels. One phone call to Nintendo and I had it fixed (it was the limited Teal ones that were out around Christmas so they couldn't replace it). They sent me a label, I mailed it to them and got it back within a week or so.

But if I was going to get a 360, I'd stongly consider getting it at Costco. They had a bunch in there this week. They also had a pallet full of the new DS's. I may wait until around this time next year to get a PS3 there because of the return policy. There are just MANY things that could go wrong with a PS3 :D.

Man, if I had the scratch, I'd hop on this quicker than Dudley Moore at happy hour.

Last handheld I bought was a GameBoy Color for 20 bucks back in 02 at GS...

Well, I just read the thread and I'm kinda iffy on it. Since I haven't got a local Costco (Didn't even know what one was) I didn't realize it was a "Membership" store.

Does this mean I can't order the DS Lite bundle? Or if I can, that I can't return it? And by return, it'd have to be return online since there aren't any stores around me.

I belive you can order online with out a membership, it's just going to be a tad bit more expensive and you probably can't return it, as I understand that it's instore return only.

****Edit: Non members add 5%, and probably can return, since I remembered that they don't check membership at the return entrance. Just have the recipt with you. Members don't need recipts.

The return time limit does not exsit (except desk/laptops, 6 months), you can return anything, anytime. Some employes won't tell you, since they feel that they're being taken advantage of, though many will just tell you to bring your 5 year old dead TV for a full refund. Some stores will have signs that say "30 days", but read closly and it states that it would nice if you would bring it in within 30 days.

Though if you abuse it, they will refuse your returns and even call the cops for fraud.

[quote name='gaelan']anybody know if sams club has a costco like warranty? anybody get a ds bundle from there yet?[/QUOTE]

Sams club does not have a warranty like Costco. I'm planning on switching to Costco and dropping Sam's Club this year because of this.

Personnaly I don't see how Costco can offer this warranty. Except for the fact that most people probably just don't return anything.

I thought the warranty was getting a bit more strict at CostCo....might be a YMMV thing....but people bring back TV's after 2+ years really can kill the warranty.

i went to costco today and i didnt see it in stores and i asked an associate and he didnt know what i was talking about. man this is a good deal considering costco's return policy

Their policy has been around ever since they were still Price Club (as my parrents told me), though probably not as liberal. I doubt they'll be changing anything soon.

I read on a retail employee site that they resell the items back to the suppliers, so if anyone is going to get screwed, it's those people.

You be suprised to what people return according to the post there. Google costco return policy or something.

checked out the two (Tustin and Irvine) of the four nearest costco's and none of them had the DS lite bundles, just a crapload of the 360 bundles. Hopefully one of the other two will have one.

I wish costco's website had some sort of product locator but im sure that would be difficult with the size of each store's inventory.

Very good deal. I tried to convince my buddy to buy this so we could Wi-Fi. Plus, the return policy gives you no excuse, and a free accessory is a nice add-in.

Got this bundle after returning my old one for $-2 in my pocket :D

Got it from Sams Club and the little extra price when I originally bought my DS was worth it! I love Sams :D

[quote name='Indiana']Sams club does not have a warranty like Costco. I'm planning on switching to Costco and dropping Sam's Club this year because of this.

Personnaly I don't see how Costco can offer this warranty. Except for the fact that most people probably just don't return anything.[/quote]

And yes Sams Club does have the same policy. Never once had a problem returning anything from months to years away.

I just ordered mine.

Don't forget to absolutely keep all manuals and such. They're kinda picky about everything inside the box. Might as well keep the box to be safe.

[quote name='OGHowie']Very good thread by a Costco employee on their current policies:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91637&highlight=costco[/quote]

WooHoo Recognition. Though I am not the only employee that contributed to the topic.

Anyway, I was watching the thread to make sure that everyone got it right, and when I had a chance I'd add my own hand.

Here is the policy on returns from the internet[quote name='Costco.com']Costco.com has a 100% guarantee on all of our merchandise. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we offer two convenient return methods. Costco.com refunds include shipping and handling fees.

1. You can return the item to the nearest Costco Wholesale location. To find a location,
please click here.

2. If you are unable to return your order to one of our warehouses, please e-mail us at
customer service. Please include your name, order confirmation number, phone number, and
reason for return. You will be contacted regarding your return within 5 to 7 business days.

Please note, as of November 4th, 2002 , the return policy for all desktop and notebook computers are six months from the date of purchase. Six months after purchase, all computer services and technical support will be subject to the applicable remaining manufacturer’s warranty.
[/QUOTE]

I know they swipe my card when i've returned things, if you don't have areceipt and you have the card for the account you bought it under (costco card that is... even if bought online you use yournumber) they can jsut swipe your card to look up yr receipt.

bread's done
Back