DS Lite hard to find in U.S.

guyjr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Wow... I just did a search of a few sites and cannot find one DS Lite in stock anywhere - Amazon, Target, Best Buy, EBGames, all seem to be out of stock. The funniest thing is that there are a bunch of people selling them on Amazon - all for at least $165 - $185 at the low end. Welcome to the new 21st century marketplace.

I know that in Green Bay Wisconsin they were totally sold out before Christmas but I haven't been up there for since then. Lower in the state though they're very easy to find at this point.

The Sky is Falling! The Sky Is Falling!

j/k, I was at my local Wal-Mart the other day and they had a solid stock of black Lites. They are not sold out in the US.

Was difficult to locate them at retail in the last few weeks before Christmas. I got lucky and poached a few for gifts when they were up and down on AMZN the week before 12/25.

They are trickle-ing back into stock around Chicago.

My son bought one last night.
Best Buy had about 12. (some of all three colors)

I'll just wait and buy the newer model in 12 months when it comes out.
The fatty ds has nothing wrong with it unless you are playing somewhere in the sun.

I picked up a DS Lite for a friend at a Target today. I had to call a few Targets till I found it though. Wii are sold out :(.

Yeah I FINALLY found a DS Lite again today. Picked it up as I have been looking and didn't want to miss out on the chance. I got the last white one and they had about 4 pinks left. Still haven't seen a Wii since I got one on launch day.

For what it's worth, here's my quick story. I got a PSP (DEVIL PUSP!!!) for Christmas. I appreciated it, but I didn't really think I would do much with it. So, the week between Christmas and New Year's Day, I decided I would take it back to Best Buy to get a DS Lite. This is in/around Spring, TX (Northwest Houston). I had no idea they would be difficult to find.

The Best Buy to which I returned the PSP didn't have them. They said to me, "No one has them. You can't even order them online right now." They said I just needed to keep checking back.

I decided to just run around a bit and see if I could score one. I went to Target and GameStop. The only one I could find was a used phat a GameStop, which I didn't really care to pick up.

Anyway, I am just waiting until the Best Buy gets one. It'll happen. I hope. Or maybe the universe really is asplode?

I received six DS lites and literally sold them in five minutes, I didn't have time to put them on the shelves, I sold them right out of the box, it was unbelievable.. and this was the week after Christmas.

I've seen them in stock, but they sell out pretty quickly.

Last weekend I went to Target and Best buy and both had been restocked with onyx, when I came back later that night the 9 systems I'd seen had been sold.

I called the local Best Buy this morning and they had two left out of a "very low" shipment that came in this week. I got dressed and went down and scored the last of the two, an Onyx.

Very nice unit.

Thanks for the link to that article. It explains a lot.

I've noticed them coming in and going out of Targets fairly regularly. They've had pink and onyx ones, though not at the same time. They might be your best bet.

All the EB/GS stores around here (OC, CA) are saying the same thing: no DS Lites until February. They expect weekly shipments of Wii, but not DS Lites.

According to an EB worker yesterday, the DS is just insanely popular, and it's very popular with women.

Looks like KMart.com has the Coral Pink DS Lite in stock right now (10:51 CST).

Hope this helps someone!

Isn't this normal for retail stores around this time of year?

Everyone is sold out from Christmas.

Add to the fact that every retail store did their yearly inventory/audits maybe a week or so ago.

[quote name='asianxcore']Isn't this normal for retail stores around this time of year?

Everyone is sold out from Christmas.

Add to the fact that every retail store did their yearly inventory/audits maybe a week or so ago.[/quote]

My gamestore has been out for months though.

man i need a new DS. my system jsound ust went out (got a 2 year warrenty at best buy) took the system to best buy and they told me

I can hold onto the system until the get a new one (UNKNOWN)
or
Bring it back next sunday and get a gift card (warrenty runs out JAN 29)

they said they are not really expecting any more DS Shipments until

MARCH

what the hell is up with that

[quote name='Lv99 Slacker']Anybody in Los Angeles have any luck finding any?[/QUOTE]

I've seen them at the West Covina Sears

i called the 888 best buy line and they said they are not even expecting them back on their webpage until Mid Feb. Would though of thought there would be a major demand for a system thats been out for 2 years.

[quote name='slidecage']man i need a new DS. my system jsound ust went out (got a 2 year warrenty at best buy) took the system to best buy and they told me

I can hold onto the system until the get a new one (UNKNOWN)
or
Bring it back next sunday and get a gift card (warrenty runs out JAN 29)

they said they are not really expecting any more DS Shipments until

MARCH

what the hell is up with that[/quote]

Screw that. You PAID for an extended warrantee. If they can't give you a new DS or fix your existing one, you should get a full refund...not just a gift card. I'd complain to the manager if I were you and call corporate if the manager won't help you.

In STL no DS Lite's or Wii's anywhere (this includes multiple trips to multiple BB, CC, Wal-Mart, Target, and GS/EB locations.)

bread's done
Back