DS Lite Problems

Kirra

CAGiversary!
Has anyone had any problems with the DS Lite?

I bought two DS Lites from the South Gate Target.

DS Lite #1 - Dead pixel on the bottom touch screen. When the entire screen was black, there was one red unresponsive dot in the middle. Returned it for DS Lite #2.

DS Lite #2 - One neon green dead pixel on the top screen when the entire screen is black. It occurs occasionally and when I push down on it, it disappears. Only the RIGHT speaker is working. I realized this while playing Animal Crossing.

I'm going to exchange it. I wish I noticed this before I put on the $10 Hori screen protectors :(! On my original DS, I had no problems. The only thing thats messed up about it is the broken top screen, but that was my fault.

[quote name='Kirra']Has anyone had any problems with the DS Lite?

I bought two DS Lites from the South Gate Target.

DS Lite #1 - Dead pixel on the bottom touch screen. When the entire screen was black, there was one red unresponsive dot in the middle. Returned it for DS Lite #2.

DS Lite #2 - One neon green dead pixel on the top screen when the entire screen is black. It occurs occasionally and when I push down on it, it disappears. Only the RIGHT speaker is working. I realized this while playing Animal Crossing.

I'm going to exchange it. I wish I noticed this before I put on the $10 Hori screen protectors :(! On my original DS, I had no problems. The only thing thats messed up about it is the broken top screen, but that was my fault.[/quote]

Dead pixels are unfortunately a problem with LCDs in all products. It sounds like you actually have a stuck pixel on DS Lite #2 since you can make it go away with pressure.

As far as the speaker, test it in some other games to make sure it isn't just the audio setting you are using in AC. If it truly is a problem, go for Lite #3.

sounds like u guys gto the poopie ones
and for the guy swapping it to nintendo you not getting a new one your getting a refurbished one...(for the retards that means used but suped up)

[quote name='Wiimote']sounds like u guys gto the poopie ones
and for the guy swapping it to nintendo you not getting a new one your getting a refurbished one...(for the retards that means used but suped up)[/QUOTE]
You've got balls calling anyone retards while typing a post that is chock full of misspellings and poor punctuation. :roll:

and for the guy swapping it to nintendo you not getting a new one your getting a refurbished one...(for the retards that means used but suped up)[/QUOTE]

What are you...7?

and for the guy swapping it to nintendo you not getting a new one your getting a refurbished one...(for the retards that means used but suped up)[/quote]

LOL.

Dumbass. Go back to school fucktard.

Sounds just like the two DS' I went through before I said to hell with it and kept my money til the Lite came out.

Both systems were fine except for dead pixels... screw that sh*t. I don't care about such and such acceptacle dead pixel rates... the stores seemed to agree with me, no questions at all with the returns.

Good luck with those Lites, I never had any with my regular ones. And my dusty DS games attest to it.

I bought my lite from Gamestop on Monday. As soon as I got back to the car I opened it and powered it on to find that there was a stuck green pixel on the touchscreen. I came back into the store to exchange it for a different one but the clerk told me that Nintendo would not allow them to refurbish a system if there was just a single stuck pixel so I'm basically stuck with it. He also said that the pixel may eventually correct itself over time. I don't believe any of it. Has anyone else been refused an exchange? I'm kind of pissed about this.

[quote name='Sgt Grumbles']I bought my lite from Gamestop on Monday. As soon as I got back to the car I opened it and powered it on to find that there was a stuck green pixel on the touchscreen. I came back into the store to exchange it for a different one but the clerk told me that Nintendo would not allow them to refurbish a system if there was just a single stuck pixel so I'm basically stuck with it. He also said that the pixel may eventually correct itself over time. I don't believe any of it. Has anyone else been refused an exchange? I'm kind of pissed about this.[/quote]

I just got my advance return replacement from Nintendo - call them up and ask for that explicitly - they will send you a replacement, and when you get it, you use the box they sent you + the label they sent you to ship the defective one back to them.

The one I got from Nintendo works flawlessly - no stuck pixels at all. The one I bought at Target - 3 dead pixels!

Dead/lit pixels are a common problem w/LCDs, but Nintendo has a generous return/service policy for that. I'm sure if you called them and explained the problem, they'll send you a replacement.

[quote name='Sgt Grumbles']I bought my lite from Gamestop on Monday. As soon as I got back to the car I opened it and powered it on to find that there was a stuck green pixel on the touchscreen. I came back into the store to exchange it for a different one but the clerk told me that Nintendo would not allow them to refurbish a system if there was just a single stuck pixel so I'm basically stuck with it. He also said that the pixel may eventually correct itself over time. I don't believe any of it. Has anyone else been refused an exchange? I'm kind of pissed about this.[/QUOTE]

Bullshit. Nintendo's policy is NO dead pixels. Go back and find out if it was the manager you were talking to. If it wasn't then ask when the manager is in...if it was, then ask him to give you the number for Gamestop corporate and call them, right in front of him, having gotten his name and the store number from him. Then explain the situation.

100 percent guaranteed to work.

haven't noticed any dead pixels on my Lite. have one on my PSP, but I could care less. my old DS had a red stuck pixel, but again I didn't care about it.

with so much fear about dead pixels, I'm surprised I haven't got any returns at work concerning dead pixel DS Lites.

the only big problem we have had is someone returned a Lite after they bought it. when I turned it on the top and bottom screen only showed half of the image they were supposed to. really weird.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Bullshit. Nintendo's policy is NO dead pixels. Go back and find out if it was the manager you were talking to. If it wasn't then ask when the manager is in...if it was, then ask him to give you the number for Gamestop corporate and call them, right in front of him, having gotten his name and the store number from him. Then explain the situation.

100 percent guaranteed to work.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but you need to go through Nintendo - probably easier than dealing with GS anyway :D.

I had a couple of stuck pixels on an original DS, but it was the Teal one so they had to repair it (no replacements were available in that color). They sent it back with 1 stuck pixel (but in a different place so it was a new screen, just bad in a different way). I was going to return it again but never got around to it. Then I sold it on ebay for $130 a month ago (fully disclosing the stuck pixel BTW).

Anyway, for DS's that are current (as is the Lite) they will send you a replacement right away and you don't even have to spend 1 1/2 weeks without it as my daughter had to with the old Teal one.

Don't buy the "it will fix itself" line. That *might* possibly happen in some small fraction of cases, but generally is not the case.

I went through 4 PSP's on launch day to get a perfect one - in that case I did the exchanges at Best Buy as I knew Sony would be a pain about it.

With the lite and it's brighter screen I would be even less tolerant of stuck/dead pixels than on the original DS. They will be that much more noticeable. I have yet to get a lite though - I'm waiting for a different color.

omg, at my store (i am a store manager of a gamestop) I have freaking seven of those **** things returned out of the fifty I sold, IT IS A FREAKING JOKE. The sad thing is I was totally being cool with it and let those pewople exchange them for another one. I am sure my DM will probably tell me something but I did not want anybody stuck with it. I turned away two other people since the pizel was not obvious and I had a tight supply of them anyway.

The thing I am mad about is that Nintendo let these get through the quality checks similar to Sony with the PSP to make launch quanitities and I really expected better of Nintendo. This is a high failure rate for those simple LCD screens. Bah!!!! It was such a pain.

i acutally have to go return mine today do to a faulty R button. See, this is why yous hould buy Mario Kart. To test out your L and R buttons.

when i first started the lite, i was afraid of stuff like this. when i got my psp, i needed to return it 5 times before i got a decent one.

my first ds had a dead pixel which was swapped the next day. no problems with the lite! thank goodness!

Back in the day, my original gameboy lost a LINE of pixels (horizontal, about 2/3 of the way down from the top) about 3 days after the warrenty period. I simply delt with it. It's weird how we now are upset about 1 pixel.

I probably would return or call up Nintendo too, but it's just strange to me that it's been soo long, and we still aren't getting these LCDs perfect. Maybe it's just me, but I havn't seen a dead or stuck pixel on ANY LCD (monitor, PDA, gameboy, you name it...) for a LONG time. Wierd.

I guess this means that the gnomes that make Nintendo's LCD are going to get punished!

[quote name='gunm']Dead/lit pixels are a common problem w/LCDs, but Nintendo has a generous return/service policy for that. I'm sure if you called them and explained the problem, they'll send you a replacement.[/QUOTE]

Called Nintendo last night and arranged an advance replacement. Easy as pie. I'm going to try and avoid purchasing from GS if at all possible in the future, though.

I just noticed that when I play Super Mario World on the highest brightness, the colors are kind of wonky. Nothing big, but it's still noticable.

bread's done
Back