DS Okamiden $29.99 Free Shipping at Eknightmedia.com

I'm not usually one to dissuade people, but I found this to be very "meh" compared to the original Okami. I liked it at first, but as I put more hours into it, it felt more like beating the game was something I had to do just to get the game over with. Okami is a masterpiece, but Okamiden is...just a piece? :roll:

I'd value it at $15-$20, not $30.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, same here. It tends to get boring if you're not just staring at the scenery most of the time.

I'm still wondering about reprints. I haven't read or heard anything specific, but this has been appearing "on sale" a lot these past few weeks. I think I paid $20 for my copy back when Amazon didn't charge sales tax to my state.

[quote name='Vigilante']I'm not usually one to dissuade people, but I found this to be very "meh" compared to the original Okami. I liked it at first, but as I put more hours into it, I felt more like beating the game was something I had to do just to get the game over with. Okami is a masterpiece, but Okamiden is...just a piece? :roll:

I'd value it at $15-$20, not $30.[/QUOTE]
I feel the same way. It's not a bad game but next to Okami... what a massive dropoff.

I don't believe it has been reprinted. I think retailers are just clearing out old stock, but I may be wrong. Play-Asia still hasn't filled their orders from a few weeks ago(at least for me).

Crapcom can't seem to release proper physical games at retail, so I highly doubt they would reprint this obscure DS game.

Wow, this game is worth something? It wasn't very good so I assumed it was pretty cheap.

Well, glad I didn't over pay pre-ordering it.

[quote name='chrislaustin']I don't believe it has been reprinted. I think retailers are just clearing out old stock, but I may be wrong. Play-Asia still hasn't filled their orders from a few weeks ago(at least for me).

Crapcom can't seem to release proper physical games at retail, so I highly doubt they would reprint this obscure DS game.[/QUOTE]

Retailers didn't put up any stock for Okamiden for a while. I don't think that's it. If you look at e-kinghtmedia's video game stock, you'll see that they do like to overcharge, so it's strange that they wouldn't charge at least $39.99 for this game.

It's not an obscure game. It is the sequel to Okami, which got high reviews and ports.

There apparently is a collector's box that was released in Japan, so Capcom may be trying to expand the fanbase before a sequel is announced.

[quote name='Sephiroth1089']I'm hoping capcom puts Okami HD on sale for PSN. I already own a PS2 copy but an HD one would be great.[/QUOTE]

Me too.

I hope Capcom's upcoming Okami announcement isn't a 3DS or HD remake of Okamiden.

[quote name='bshirk']Me too.

I hope Capcom's upcoming Okami announcement isn't a 3DS or HD remake of Okamiden.[/QUOTE]

There's another upcoming announcement? They just announced the box a few days ago!

[quote name='Sephiroth1089']I'm hoping capcom puts Okami HD on sale for PSN. I already own a PS2 copy but an HD one would be great.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping they release the game on disc. I know it's the trend now, but I hate buying games digitally... especially when it's not on Steam.

[quote name='mask.air.raid']There's another upcoming announcement? They just announced the box a few days ago![/QUOTE]

What are you guys talking about...? What announcement(s)?

There was a box full of stuff for women, like a coin purse and a notebook that was announced a few days ago. There apparently is another announcement coming even though I haven't found anything on it.

Okami HD on disc would be nice.

3DS Okami would be better.

[quote name='chrislaustin']Crapcom can't seem to release proper physical games at retail[/QUOTE]

Case in point, Ace Attorney: Duel Destinies. I was very displeased to hear it is going to be download-only, as that means I will not be playing it.

[quote name=' mask.air.raid']
Okami HD on disc would be nice.
[/QUOTE]

You might still be able to find the non-Japan Asian release. It has English text and like all PS3 games it's region-free.

[quote name='mask.air.raid']Retailers didn't put up any stock for Okamiden for a while. I don't think that's it. If you look at e-kinghtmedia's video game stock, you'll see that they do like to overcharge, so it's strange that they wouldn't charge at least $39.99 for this game.

It's not an obscure game. It is the sequel to Okami, which got high reviews and ports.

There apparently is a collector's box that was released in Japan, so Capcom may be trying to expand the fanbase before a sequel is announced.[/QUOTE]

When I say obscure, I'm referring to sales. Sure, everyone knows about Okami, but the original although critically praised, wasn't a HUGE seller, and the same went for the Wii version. Crapcom threw us a bone by making a DS sequel, but based on the secondary market, and most opinions I have heard over the years(about overall quality), it sold poorly even by the original standards. So yeah, even though everyone has heard of Okami/Okamiden, it is still "obscure" sales wise. I think if they had reprinted this title, they would have announced it on their blog.

[quote name='AionTelos']Wow, this game is worth something? It wasn't very good so I assumed it was pretty cheap.

Well, glad I didn't over pay pre-ordering it.[/QUOTE]

Most games that are worth alot are generally average at best, the absolute worst games command big moey for some reason. Oh well.

[quote name='morrodox']Case in point, Ace Attorney: Duel Destinies. I was very displeased to hear it is going to be download-only, as that means I will not be playing it.

You might still be able to find the non-Japan Asian release. It has English text and like all PS3 games it's region-free.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that definitely sucked to hear the PH won't get a physical release. No buy from me either.

I learned about the Asian Okami HD but damn, that game is hard to find a reasonable price.

[quote name='Smashingly']I had no idea this game was rare. Looked really shitty tbh though, that's why I cancelled my preorder.[/QUOTE]

It's actually a much better Zelda game than the fucking awful pair that the DS got.

And yeah, this is hard to find? I picked this up with a nice batch of other DS games when Best Buy clearanced them sometime early last year. I think i payed $15 for Okamiden?

Not a bad game, but it's no Okami. They relied too much on old art and music assets that were significantly downgraded in quality because of technical limitations.

[quote name='morrodox']Case in point, Ace Attorney: Duel Destinies. I was very displeased to hear it is going to be download-only, as that means I will not be playing it.

You might still be able to find the non-Japan Asian release. It has English text and like all PS3 games it's region-free.[/QUOTE]

The series sold a decent amount with the first two games and it kind of fell off sales wise but enough for Capcom to want to avoid physical releases unfortunately. I've played them all and they're really fun but I'd rather the eshop version then to skip a US release at all.

[quote name='lst0227']http://www.play-asia.com/Okamiden/paOS-13-71-ba-70-3wlt.html
cheaper in play-asia $24.90 add a noodle as filler for free shipping
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-14-71-b3-49-en.html[/QUOTE]

I ordered from Play-Asia back on the 25th of April, and my order still has not shipped. A few days later I got a message from them stating their delivery was delayed, and it was expected on May 12th. Still NOTHING!

If somewhere else is showing "In Stock", I would go with them, even if it is more expensive, as I don't see PA filling their orders anytime soon(if at all).

jus wait 4 a new 1 this game is kind of old and i buyed it for lik $20 few yr ago so wile this is ok deal 4 those who dont kno better if ur "smart" cag then u alredy hav it and relase that its not as good as orig okami on ps2 or wii...

bread's done
Back