DS sound problem

s3v3n777

CAGiversary!
I love my DS and all...but for some odd reason my speakers aren't working all that well. the other day it wouldn't sounds until I lightly hit the unit a couple of times. This happened once for me, however my brother claims that it has been happening to him a couple of times. My assumption is that he dropped it and isn't owing up to the fact that he dropped it. Has anyone else had this problem? And should I bother calling Nintendo about this problem? So far I haven't had any problems after the light smack I gave it.

The only time speakers cut out on one of my handhelds (my GBC to be exact) was after I dropped it once or twice. I'd say someone dropped your DS.

[quote name='The VGM']The only time speakers cut out on one of my handhelds (my GBC to be exact) was after I dropped it once or twice. I'd say someone dropped your DS.[/QUOTE]

Same here, my only handheld to lose sound was my Game boy Pocket, which happened after I dropped it a fair share of times.

I think your brother needs to owe up to something.

I dunno, he might be telling the truth. Me and my wife definitely don't drop our DS as we take care of our systems, but lately each of our DS gives us a little buzzing sound that comes out along with the sound from the game. It's random though, it won't always do it.

When it does, normally turning it off and back on fixes it...so who knows, there might be a problem with the speakers.

That buzzing sound might be either static electricity building up inside the case or your cellphone. At least, that's what causes the same buzzing in my computer speakers. I don't know how the DS is set up inside.

Yeah, I'm getting static from my speakers when I play Zoo Keeper or Dragonball Supersonic Warriors for the GBA. This and that pesky dead pixel give me a good reason to call the big N for an exchange.

I noticed when playing Metroid Zero Mission on the DS that the sound gets VERY distorted when set to a low volume. Anyone else notice that?

[quote name='daroga']I noticed when playing Metroid Zero Mission on the DS that the sound gets VERY distorted when set to a low volume. Anyone else notice that?[/QUOTE]

Yep, definitely. Especially when I have it lower while the wife is sleeping and I want to play in bed. :cool:

just call big N abotu it... they're real good about helping their customers... unlike sony (i like sony, but i hate their customer service). Most of the time Nintendo pays for all costs.

bread's done
Back