DS Suggestions for a 5-6 year old girl

sportdan30

CAGiversary!
Can anyone please recommend a DS game that is fairly easy to pick up and play? We own the Crayola game that she likes, but I'm having problems thinking of other games she would enjoy. She loves barbies, animals, dance, dressing up, etc.

Thanks.

Possibly the Petz or Imagine games, all star cheer, and maybe even Nintendogs.

Nintendogs will probably be the most well rounded game if anything, but it might get fairly complicated depending on how deep she gets into the game.

And you can also probably try Build-A-Bear workshop if she can't read since it requires almost no reading whatsoever, so she could probably even play on her own.

Since you have the DS and not the DSi you can also go with some of the GBA games. Any of those Mario, Spyro, and even Crash Bandicoot games are a good fit for that age range. Also, maybe try some of the educational games.

[quote name='Squarehard']Nintendogs will probably be the most well rounded game if anything, but it might get fairly complicated depending on how deep she gets into the game.[/QUOTE]

Regarding Nintendogs, can you have multiple Dogs per cart? I'm thinking of getting Nintendogs for my nieces, and want to know if I can get one cart or should get two.

[quote name='Salamando3000']Regarding Nintendogs, can you have multiple Dogs per cart? I'm thinking of getting Nintendogs for my nieces, and want to know if I can get one cart or should get two.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you certainly can. You can have up to 3 dogs per cartridge, so its not limited to one.

The only benefit to having multiple cartridges is being able to have each cartridges dog play with each other, but it doesnt give you any benefits in game or anything like that. Just for fun.

My daughters (who are about to turn 5) are getting DS's for their birthday. In addition the the afformentioned Crayola game, we also bought them each the My Little Pony game (it was like $13 at Costco). I've heard it's good for little kids.

I'm also looking at the "Smart Girls" series, as those get good reviews on Amazon.

The Littleist Pet Shop games also get high marks (although I've heard they are all basically the same with different 'pets').

bread's done
Back