DS video out cable?

ArthurDigbySellers

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Ok, so when I watched the pre-E3 Nintendo press conference, I noticed that they were hooking up some kind of video out cable to the DS to display Nintendogs on the projector so that the audience could see.

I know this is probably a waste of time, but does anyone know what kind of cable that was or if it is possible to buy one? My wife loves Animal Crossing and loves to play it with me. When Animal Crossing DS comes out, I can't see us huddling together with a DS to play the game. If I could get my hands on one of these DS cables, we could hook it up to our TV and go to town (no pun intended).

Anyway, I highly doubt anyone has any knowledge of these cables, but I thought I would give it a shot.

I think they're only available to the press, and they cost a pretty pretty penny. It'd be more economical to get another DS rather than one of the capture units.

[quote name='evilmax17']I think they're only available to the press, and they cost a pretty pretty penny. It'd be more economical to get another DS rather than one of the capture units.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I kind of figured. I'm just hoping that someone hacks the DS before AC is released :shock:

I mean I am guessing someone has already figured that out. Its been out for 6 months.

The resolution is what might not look so good. Though it didnt look bad on the projector...

[quote name='iheartmetal']why would you only want one, you guys can visit eachother with wifi!!!!!!!! i cant wait[/QUOTE]

I totally agree that is is going to rock, but I can't see dropping around $200 for another DS and AC for my wife to play that one game. She's not interested in anything else.

[quote name='lebowsky']I totally agree that is is going to rock, but I can't see dropping around $200 for another DS and AC for my wife to play that one game. She's not interested in anything else.[/QUOTE]

Have you shown her Nintendogs?

I just picked up an extra DS at EB (actually in eb's parking lot as the kid was going to trade it in) for $100 EB credit. The reality of the matter is the credit was partly from the Toys R US sale.

The game will be 29.99 so your looking at 130 max.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Wait a sec...if you don't want to play it multiplayer, but must play it on a TV...then why not get the Gamecube version?[/QUOTE]

Already have it and we have played it for a little over a year. Since the DS version is the new version, we are obviously both interested in it. The WiFi features are a big draw as well.

bread's done
Back