DS/Wii games up to 50% after rebate off at FYE

yoshidude81

CAGiversary!
Didn't see this one posted yet, and it doesn't appear to be YMMV.

I was at FYE earlier and there were tags claiming that all DS and Wii games were up to 50% off. The girl at the register said that was untrue, and only marked games were actually on sale. But, in any event, there were a few decent ones. The most notable games that I saw were:

Wii:
Animal Crossing: City Folk ($50, $25 after rebate)
Excitetruck ($50, $25 after rebate)

I don't recall seeing much of note for the DS.

And yes, their rebates have a poor reputation, but I haven't had a problem in the past, as long as I'm careful and keep copies.

I had my first rebate problems recently. For two cases they said I never sent in the UPC. I did and asked them to check the contents of the envelope again. They pulled up their imaging system and said no UPC was with the contents I sent. I definitely sent it so most likely they're still in the envelope, or they fell out in the process of removing contents. Lesson learned, always staple the UPC to the rebate form. And since I never made a photocopy, I'm fucked!

The other rebate problem was they said I sent in the UPC for Trackmania when I sent in the rebate for Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume. I'm not sure how they got Trackmania from the UPC I sent since I DON"T EVEN OWN THAT GAME!

So, in conclusion, I've had a 17/20 success rate with FYE rebates.

Same with me. I had my first issue with an FYE.com rebate. Said I didn't send in the UPC and noted it was for a movie I didn't buy. Form says you don't need the UPC but the rebate co. refused to acknowledge that condition. So I have to burn another stamp to get a copy (fortunately no cutting the cover art) of the UPC to them. I have a couple more to turn in, B&M and online. I hope they go through.

[quote name='bob330i']Same with me. I had my first issue with an FYE.com rebate. Said I didn't send in the UPC and noted it was for a movie I didn't buy. Form says you don't need the UPC but the rebate co. refused to acknowledge that condition. So I have to burn another stamp to get a copy (fortunately no cutting the cover art) of the UPC to them. I have a couple more to turn in, B&M and online. I hope they go through.[/QUOTE]

That's bullshit! The FYE.com rebate forms make no mention of a UPC to send in. I've sent in several FYE.com rebate forms and each one has been accepted so far without the UPC.

Yeah, it also looks like that user had slightly better luck than I did. The tag definitely says any DS/Wii game, not only marked ones.

Not gonna jump on any more FYE rebates until I get the one I sent in more than a month ago. All these mutha****ing rebate programs take their goddamn sweet time it's frustrating.

I jumped on it the last time for Chrono Trigger and TWEWY, finally got my rebate after waiting over a month. It's a Visa gift card which isn't terrible but would have preferred a check.

My FYE said this particular sale is over (and pulled the remaining 50% tags from the shelves). Also said that when it was in effect, it was only for select titles (despite what it says on the tags)

bread's done
Back