DSi Sampling Preview Events

I just received mine too, but the location listed is 2.3 hr drive away not sure if I want to drive up that far for a sampling, it be different if you got to purchase the DSI early. The e-mail didn't say you could. It also didn't say if they would be giving out any promo stuff.

Mine was also about 2 hours away. Any closer and I would have RSVP'ed in a heartbeat.
[quote name='dizz.lee']ashland, VA. an hour and a half away for me.. but it's a sunday, so i think i might make the trek down there.[/quote]

Ashland is a strange place to have an event like this. There isn't much there besides King's Dominion, is there?

Got the email. The location is around the block for me. Iono if i should waste my time to go. Im not going to buy it.....if someone could confirm i get free swag from going i might consider it.

Did anyone notice two different dates? The original RSVP from Nintendo was for 03/22/09 but the confirmation e-mail once you RSVP says 03/29/09. I called the Gamestop and the gal there said they're having the event on both days but she couldn't really tell me much more since she said that Nintendo is in charge of the event and they had no info .... hmmm so that might mean free swag after all :)

I got one of these for the Universal City event but when I tried to sign up 5 hours after they sent me the email, it said it was full.

Finally back home after my long drive and 6 hrs on the road to and from the event. I don't know if it's just me but I think Nintendo asked many of it's platinum members to put forth a whole lot of effort to make it to this event. Most of the bloggers and folks I spoke to coudn't go because it was more than 2-3 hours drive. Those of us that did go wondered if it was worth the trip. You be the judge:

Drive 6 hours
Arrive 1 hr early for parking
Hang out for 1 hour waiting
Event begins, 10 minute playtime with Nintendo DSI

Do you get to purchase early? NO
Any promotional, exclusive & cool stuff for us Platinum Members? NO
Alright ... so what do we get besides our 10 minutes of glory holding the DSI and playing with it's wacky camera options??

1 picture
1 Magnet frame to hold picture
1 lanyard

tn_dsi_sampling_loot.jpg

Go home and be happy.

The End

[quote name='Brossia']Finally back home after my long drive and 6 hrs on the road to and from the event. I don't know if it's just me but I think Nintendo asked many of it's platinum members to put forth a whole lot of effort to make it to this event. Most of the bloggers and folks I spoke to coudn't go because it was more than 2-3 hours drive. Those of us that did go wondered if it was worth the trip. You be the judge:

Drive 6 hours
Arrive 1 hr early for parking
Hang out for 1 hour waiting
Event begins, 10 minute playtime with Nintendo DSI

Do you get to purchase early? NO
Any promotional, exclusive & cool stuff for us Platinum Members? NO
Alright ... so what do we get besides our 10 minutes of glory holding the DSI and playing with it's wacky camera options??

1 picture
1 Magnet frame to hold picture
1 lanyard

tn_dsi_sampling_loot.jpg

Go home and be happy.

The End[/quote]
The GameStop I went to also handed out coupon cards for $100 trade-in value for a DS Lite. Better than the $70 I saw advertised.

Yeah, I wouldn't have minded getting that coupon my son traded in his DS lite and got $70 bucks towards the dsi... bleh

in response to what someone said earlier about ashland. yeah, king's dominion is about it, and even that's not a good enough reason to go down in that area (sorry if anyone lives down there).

brossia, you saved me some good gas money. thanks.

such a shame. nintendo could put some more effort into rewarding its platinum members.

how about the platinum members that weren't even invited?!?!

I have so many registered games and I've been a platinum member since DAY ONE of club nintendo and I didn't get an invite.

stop complaining.

bread's done
Back