Dualshock 3 $39.99 @ Amazon(Pink, Black, Silver, Blue)

Sweet, I've been waiting for a deal like this. Just got a PS3 but it came with a cheap 3rd party corded controller.

Not sure if I should bite on this or spend the extra $15 and get the green one I really want though. (Also note that the green controller is half green, half black since the picture you posted only shows the front)

[quote name='Zero3133']Sweet, I've been waiting for a deal like this. Just got a PS3 but it came with a cheap 3rd party corded controller.

Not sure if I should bite on this or spend the extra $15 and get the green one I really want though. (Also note that the green controller is half green, half black since the picture you posted only shows the front)[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming you bought one used? Also the Green one isn't even out yet, I'm positive it'll drop at least $10 once it is.

Of course after waiting for months for price drop, I caved in about a little over a week ago. Now they price drop. Sometimes I think Amazon waits until I buy things till they price drop.

[quote name='adamical']Man, controllers this gen are so expensive.[/QUOTE]

They're also more expensive to make. The DS3 for instance has the sixaxis sensors, bluetooth, and a lithium battery inside. Older gen controllers didn't have to worry about any of that.

[quote name='ssjmichael']They're also more expensive to make. The DS3 for instance has the sixaxis sensors, bluetooth, and a lithium battery inside. Older gen controllers didn't have to worry about any of that.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget rumble too! :D

[quote name='jacknicklson']If you dont need one then wait as the black ones usually hit $30-35 throughout the year

The other colors, not so much[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Then I might wait until it drops to $30.

[quote name='Duke']That baseball one is flat out sick[/QUOTE]

I like it but couldn't buy it as my 4 year old would try to pitch it when playing MLB 2011! :D

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Thanks. Then I might wait until it drops to $30.[/QUOTE]

looked through some old threads on SD from last year, usually it's radioshack that has them for around $35. might as well buy them now if you have to pay tax.

The baseball one is awesome. Maybe when the 2011 baseball games come out they'll do some type of deal? I can probably hold off until then.

That's a good deal but still pricey...I was very lucky to score a Little Big Planet/DS3 combo pack from Target on clearance last month for $19.xx. The box was beat to shizz but nothing was damaged.

[quote name='adamical']Man, controllers this gen are so expensive.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ssjmichael']They're also more expensive to make. The DS3 for instance has the sixaxis sensors, bluetooth, and a lithium battery inside. Older gen controllers didn't have to worry about any of that.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='viksmart']Don't forget rumble too! :D[/QUOTE]

You missed a generation. Rumble was standard last gen. ;)

FYI, the paint on the silver DS3 wears off pretty quickly and I don't consider myself a rough user when it comes to controllers.

[quote name='4tygames']FYI, the paint on the silver DS3 wears off pretty quickly and I don't consider myself a rough user when it comes to controllers.[/QUOTE]

I've had my silver one for about 4 months now and it looks a good as new.

They could do away with the suckaxis sensors as far as I'm concerned. I ALWAYS turn off the motion controlled garbage in ANY game I play. Furthermore, I sit like 3-4 feet from my PS3, so I don't even need a wireless controller, but it is nice to have that option.

I just don't see how it's been about 5 years or so since Sony released the PS3 and we have not seen one price drop on accessories as of yet.

Oh well. I still have two spare DS3's sitting upstairs in sealed packages from those controller/game packs I bought from GS during a glitched trade in promo w/ cheap games from HWV's $5 sales. They cost me like $15 in cheapo games each. Plus I still have three of those Rocketfish third party ones that Best Buy had on clearance a while ago for $10 each. So I'm set for controllers for a while.:booty:

Just picked up a pink one for my Gf, now we can stop fighting over the DS3 controller and the original DS2 that came with my PS3. We likes the rumble. XD Think it'll make a nice Valentine's day gift. Now if I just can find a good two player game for us that's kinda girly...

[quote name='sdcranford']Anybody think they're just matching Best Buy? I ordered a pink one on Sunday.

Wish they would have matched them sooner.[/QUOTE]

Most likely, yeah.

The pink one is on sale as well.

[quote name='Tonious']Just picked up a pink one for my Gf, now we can stop fighting over the DS3 controller and the original DS2 that came with my PS3. We likes the rumble. XD Think it'll make a nice Valentine's day gift. Now if I just can find a good two player game for us that's kinda girly...[/QUOTE]

LittleBigPlanet isn't girly per se, but I got it for my gf for Christmas and she absolutely loves playing it. We have a lot of fun doing co-op togther and she constantly decorates her pod and such.

Thanks OP.
Just ordered the pink one for $0.00 using some of my credit.
And not for my wife but for me. I don't know why but I think that color is pretty cool.

[quote name='FerDK']Thanks OP.
And not for my wife but for me. I don't know why but I think that color is pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

2nd this. I've been wanting a pink one for myself ever since I knew it existed. I have no clue why.

I already have 2 black ones, so I don't technically need another one. But I'm sort of tempted just cuz it's rare to see Dualshock 3s on sale.

I'd like a green one also, but I wish the color was all-around instead of just the top half...

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']I already have 2 black ones, so I don't technically need another one. But I'm sort of tempted just cuz it's rare to see Dualshock 3s on sale.

I'd like a green one also, but I wish the color was all-around instead of just the top half...[/QUOTE]

I got mine yesterday...I have to agree with you about how they made it...It should be green all over.

Nice, I have been waiting for this since I got some trade in credit for selling Hot Pursuit because my older controllers have issues that I have tolerated until now.

[quote name='FerDK']Thanks OP.
And not for my wife but for me. I don't know why but I think that color is pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sdcranford']2nd this. I've been wanting a pink one for myself ever since I knew it existed. I have no clue why.[/QUOTE]

Some CAGs are "coming out". :)

bread's done
Back