DualShock 3 for $20 with purchase of GT5 Prologue @ Bestbuy?

Siggy Stardust HD

CAGiversary!
Did anyone receive the new Bestbuy flyer? Someone told me that if I buy Gran Turismo 5 Prologue at Bestbuy then I will be able to purchase a Dualshock 3 controller for only $20. They said it was in the new flyer. Can anyone confirm this or am I being tricked again by random people.

[quote name='Siggy Stardust HD']Did anyone receive the new Bestbuy flyer? Someone told me that if I buy Gran Turismo 5 Prologue at Bestbuy then I will be able to purchase a Dualshock 3 controller for only $20. They said it was in the new flyer. Can anyone confirm this or am I being tricked again by random people.[/quote]

That seems almost to good to be true. I'm not really interested in that GT5 Prologue, but at that price, I would pick it up. I need a second DS3 controller anyway.

[quote name='Siggy Stardust HD']Did anyone receive the new Bestbuy flyer? Someone told me that if I buy Gran Turismo 5 Prologue at Bestbuy then I will be able to purchase a Dualshock 3 controller for only $20. They said it was in the new flyer. Can anyone confirm this or am I being tricked again by random people.[/quote]
Why would you believe what random people say in the first place?

Why would you believe what random people say in the first place?
LOL you're right but people have been right in the past for the most part. Anyways, I'm going in a few hours to check for myself and will report back after I come back from work. I was going to futureshop to get Prologue because they give you a free Playstation hat with purchase but a $20 DS3 is too good to pass.

[quote name='Siggy Stardust HD']LOL you're right but people have been right in the past for the most part. Anyways, I'm going in a few hours to check for myself and will report back after I come back from work. I was going to futureshop to get Prologue because they give you a free Playstation hat with purchase but a $20 DS3 is too good to pass.[/quote]

Profit margin on peripherals isn't that great compared to sofware, but if they have a DS3 + GT5P for (edit) 59 bucks I'm tempted to pick it up although I don't mind the sixaxis all that much.

preview_img0190.jpg

Nice deal...THAT might sell some copies of GT5. As an aside, someone should tell them UT3 shouldn't be $50 anymore, especially "after savings."

[quote name='gamer602']Why would you believe what random people say in the first place?[/quote]

Hehe, whoops!

:D Just kidding.

I think I'm in for this deal!

I don't know what it is about BB Canada, and Gamestop Canada that gets them to offer so many better deals than their US counterparts.....

Jeez, I want to get in on this deal.

Hope you guys can take advantage of this.

[quote name='NJMane']IS this for next week? (i.e starts on April 20th)[/quote]

If it is a printed flyer, It should start tommorow.

[quote name='cdrober']I don't know what it is about BB Canada, and Gamestop Canada that gets them to offer so many better deals than their US counterparts.....

Jeez, I want to get in on this deal.

Hope you guys can take advantage of this.[/quote]

I'll trade you the Canada deals for the gazillion clearance sales the US gets.

[quote name='afterburn999']what if i wanted to return prologue just to get the controller is that possible ?[/quote]

Possibly- If the clerk accepting the return isn't paying attention.

If it's like similar offers BB has made in the past the final bill will treat them as 2 separate items.

[quote name='afterburn999']what if i wanted to return prologue just to get the controller is that possible ?[/quote]

Most likely not. Just sell the sealed GT5 to someone else. You could easily get 25-30$ for it.

OP, can you edit the title since this is now confirmed? Also post the pic?

hmm I think I am going to try and pick this deal up, I ain't interested in GT5 at all as I am not a racing fan but I am sure I can trade it on goozex or gametz for something I will play, I do need a 2nd PS3 Controller, Rumble would be nice when MGS4 and Resistance 2 comes out

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']That's not a bad deal at all... but I'm content with my white Dualshock 3.[/quote]

Imported (or something)? I'm heading to the local import mall (Pacific Mall to people in the GTA [Greater Toronto Area]) and I'm hoping they have some in different colors.

What are the chances this deal will go OOS? I was thinking of picking up a few extra sets and selling at cost to people on RFD and extending that courtesy to the people here. It'd all be pretty pointless if there's plenty of stock to go around though.

Extremely tempting. I wonder if GT5 prologue is any good. This ends up being about ~35-40$ in savings, perfect for anyone who wanted GT5. Thanks very much!
cheers

On the receipt it says Promotion with only the total price shown.

Thanks OP!
I put in an ISPU order this morning, but was rejected.
So I went to the store to make sure.
Managed to find a DS3 (looked like the last one).
Don't know why my order was rejected?!?

Interesting thing I noticed:
I was at the same store on Wed, and the Sixaxis was priced at $59.99 and DS3 $54.99.
Today both are priced $59.99.

Did it at futureshop with no problems. That might be the way to go if you want the DS... since they put GT5 prologue on a separate line.

Yeah, the one here is pretty good for most of that stuff. They only turned down Dell, which was kind of annoying.
No other stores around you I guess?

[quote name='firehawk12']Yeah, the one here is pretty good for most of that stuff. They only turned down Dell, which was kind of annoying.
No other stores around you I guess?[/quote]

No Best Buy on the island so no PM's

whats trade in value for sixaxis controllers at Eb and BB because im selling 2 used for 60 no packaging just want to make sure im not getting ripped off because if somewhere has better trade in value then i will do it there towards GTA4 or MGS4

Well thank you very much OP. I was able trade in my copy of GT5P (since I already got a copy for free with my ps3) for $28 credit @ BBV. I then used that credit to get 3 games that applied for EB's trade 3 get it free and used that to get a pre-order for the LE edition of MGS4.

[quote name='imcrazy']Well thank you very much OP. I was able trade in my copy of GT5P (since I already got a copy for free with my ps3) for $28 credit @ BBV. I then used that credit to get 3 games that applied for EB's trade 3 get it free and used that to get a pre-order for the LE edition of MGS4.[/quote]

lol true CAG nice move

found out on other sites TIV for sixaxis range around $13-20

Here in Calgary, Sunridge BB has lots of DS3's. I was there at lunch and I think they had about 10 more.

GT5:p is pretty shallow. But I look at it being free.

[quote name='scary perry']Here in Calgary, Sunridge BB has lots of DS3's. I was there at lunch and I think they had about 10 more.

GT5:p is pretty shallow. But I look at it being free.[/quote]

its pretty much a $40 demo dont look at it like a game and hopefully they will add content every so often like Car Damage which is suppose to come in the fall

Best Buy in Vancouver has plenty of DS3's. Open-box Sixaxis controllers are $29.99.

GT5:p is labelled OOS but I saw quite a few in their game cage.

[quote name='Christonian']its pretty much a $40 demo dont look at it like a game and hopefully they will add content every so often like Car Damage which is suppose to come in the fall[/quote]

The only way I would have bought either is by bundling them together for one good price. No complaints.

I like the extra weight of the DS3, rumble is no big deal though - even in GT5:p.

I'm half way through A class - Gold's on everything except 3-4 races that probably need Quick Tune. Hopefully Sony adds content on a regular basis.

[quote name='magiic']I suck at racing games like this :([/quote]
Typically so do I, but this one seems easier to control somehow. Maybe it's the new in car view that helps.

I've been doing pretty well, got a few first place finished in online races already. Overall I'm rather surprised how good this game really is.

I really wasn't sold on this game but grabbed it with the DualShock3. I was gonna sell the game but opened it instead and I'm really loving it. You start off pretty poor and work your way up, the dynamic driving line really helps teach you how to drive, and it just looks amazing.
Anyway, thanks CAG-ers, this was a great deal.

bread's done
Back