Dubya nominates Abramoff prosecutor to U.S. District Court

E-Z-B

CAGiversary!
Yes, there is no limit on corruption at the White House.

Abramoff prosecutor among Bush nominees

WASHINGTON - President Bush on Wednesday nominated one of the Justice Department's lead prosecutors in the Jack Abramoff corruption probe to a U.S. District Court seat.

Noel Hillman, chief of the department's public integrity section, was nominated for the federal judgeship in New Jersey, where he served in the U.S. Attorney's office under Michael Chertoff, now secretary of Homeland Security.

The White House was poised to nominate Hillman last summer, after New Jersey's two Democratic senators took the opportunity to weigh in on Hillman and other nominees in exchange for lifting their objections to another candidate Bush had nominated in 2003.

White House press officials did not immediately comment on the timing of the nomination.

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/mld/ledgerenquirer/news/politics/13709945.htm

[quote name='guardian_owl']I guess I'm confused, you're angry that Bush is nominating a person for a Judgeship who is heading a probe against Abramoff?[/QUOTE]

Who, as judge, will be the person formerly heading a probe against Abramhoff.

I'm not sure EZB actually thinks. He's changed gears from gut-level to super-reactionary-liberal emotion. He's trying his best to be his version of the "Anti-PAD", but is just making himself look foolish. He's gone to the dark side where mslut, and mrfriday18 keep a fire lit for him.

[quote name='bmulligan']I'm not sure EZB actually thinks. He's changed gears from gut-level to super-reactionary-liberal emotion. He's trying his best to be his version of the "Anti-PAD", but is just making himself look foolish. He's gone to the dark side where mslut, and mrfriday18 keep a fire lit for him.[/QUOTE]

Wow, no substance to his ramblings, no point, no nothing to address the topic. But plenty of character attacks. Hey bmulligan -- the GOP needs you in D.C. pronto!

EDIT: Here's someone who may need you on their "team":

Rep. Jean Schmidt, R-OH
Washington, D.C. Office
238 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20515
(202) 225-3164

Ignoring bmulligan's stale bitching, I'll add something relevant to the OP:

Prosecutor Will Step Down From Lobbyist Case
WASHINGTON, Jan. 26 — The investigation of Jack Abramoff, the disgraced Republican lobbyist, took a surprising new turn on Thursday when the Justice Department said the chief prosecutor in the inquiry would step down next week because he had been nominated to a federal judgeship by President Bush.

The prosecutor, Noel L. Hillman, is chief of the department's public integrity division, and the move ends his involvement in an inquiry that has reached into the administration as well as the top ranks of the Republican leadership on Capitol Hill.

The administration said that the appointment was routine and that it would not affect the investigation, but Democrats swiftly questioned the timing of the move and called for a special prosecutor.

The announcement came as Mr. Bush faced a barrage of questions about why he would not make public "grip-and-grin" photographs of him with Mr. Abramoff. The photographs apparently show Mr. Bush and Mr. Abramoff smiling at White House Hanukkah parties and Republican fund-raising receptions.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/27/politics/27judge.html?_r=1

So now who will the new prosecutor be? Another Bush-appointee?

[quote name='E-Z-B']So now who will the new prosecutor be?[/QUOTE]
MikeDBrown.jpg

:lol:

Well, if a horse trainer can run FEMA, then being a prosecutor should be a walk in the park.

[quote name='E-Z-B']Ignoring bmulligan's stale bitching, I'll add something relevant to the OP:

Prosecutor Will Step Down From Lobbyist Case
WASHINGTON, Jan. 26 — The investigation of Jack Abramoff, the disgraced Republican lobbyist, took a surprising new turn on Thursday when the Justice Department said the chief prosecutor in the inquiry would step down next week because he had been nominated to a federal judgeship by President Bush.

The prosecutor, Noel L. Hillman, is chief of the department's public integrity division, and the move ends his involvement in an inquiry that has reached into the administration as well as the top ranks of the Republican leadership on Capitol Hill.

The administration said that the appointment was routine and that it would not affect the investigation, but Democrats swiftly questioned the timing of the move and called for a special prosecutor.

The announcement came as Mr. Bush faced a barrage of questions about why he would not make public "grip-and-grin" photographs of him with Mr. Abramoff. The photographs apparently show Mr. Bush and Mr. Abramoff smiling at White House Hanukkah parties and Republican fund-raising receptions.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/27/politics/27judge.html?_r=1

So now who will the new prosecutor be? Another Bush-appointee?[/QUOTE]

Bush's plan is probably to delay enough so that any indictments won't interfere with this fall's elections.

The investigation of Jack Abramoff, the disgraced Republican lobbyist,

Nice objective "news" article there. Abramoff I'm sure has never talked to any democrats, shook any of their hands, took any of them to dinner. Yup he's a republican lobbyist, not a lobbyist.

bread's done
Back