DUCKTALES IS BACK! (XBLA/PSN/Wii-U eShop) Summer 2013)

If these games are back, does that mean that the licensing issues for all of the Disney games have likely been resolved and we could see more?

- Will have the original levels
- Scrooge will be colored right this time
- side characters will be fleshed out more
- surviving voice-talents from Duck Tales will reprise their roles
- still has difficulty levels
- Money bin will be available in between levels
- old levels will have new things in them
- have the option to pogo with one button (have "hard pogo" option in menu)
- game's existence does not point to a resurgence for the DuckTales brand
- music will be done by Jake 'Virt' Kaufman
- more minecart levels
- cutscenes will be skippable
- bosses have new tricks now

I need new pants.

This is the best news to come out all year. GOTY already. Also, this gives me hope that I can possibly see Disney's Magical Quest again someday.

[quote name='R1V3R5']Awesome. But where is TaleSpin? :)[/QUOTE]

The Tailspin game is farking terrible.

I played the Ducktales remake this afternoon. The graphics need polish, but the gameplay is spot on with the original. I was very impressed with what I played. Bring on Rescue Rangers next!

[quote name='mykevermin']One of the best surprises of this gen.[/QUOTE]

Without a doubt! I was tooling around on YouTube, saw this as a related link, and just figured it was some fan-made video.

You got my money.

I also heard a rumor about the D&D beat em' ups (Tower of Doom and Shadow over Mystara) being released. Any truth to this?

[quote name='ActionKazimer']I'm praying that they follow this up with Rescue Rangers. I remember that game like it was yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Man, I just blew my load on Ducktales...Rescue Rangers was a badass game as well...Just blew another...

Being a huge fan of the original, I'm super-stoked! Capcom has tons of epic old-school side-scrollers from previous gen that should also receive a shiny coat of paint (i.e. Strider and G&G:Demon's Crest....some of my favorites off the top of my head now).

[quote name='FatBoyInside']Being a huge fan of the original, I'm super-stoked! Capcom has tons of epic old-school side-scrollers from previous gen that should also receive a shiny coat of paint (i.e. Strider and G&G:Demon's Crest....some of my favorites off the top of my head now).[/QUOTE]
U.N. Squadron one of the only games I want from capcom but I will never get it :(

While nothing has been locked in, Jimenez said that the work Capcom put into getting approval from Disney to remaster the game could lead to future remastered releases of other classic Capcom-Disney projects. Those games include classics like Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck and Aladdin.

All of that will be dictated by how well this game is received though, Jimenez stressed.

What game would be next if Capcom were to do a second remastered release from their Disney days?

"In a purely hypothetical world," Jimenez said, "I think Chip n' Dale would be the next logical one. It makes sense because it's the next in the hierarchy."

Looks like if this one does well they're looking to do more. Can't wait.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/22/4136816/ducktales-remastered-pax-east-capcom

[quote name='skiizim']Finding Nemo is a Disney license as well isn't it?[/QUOTE]

Finding Nemo is, yes, but that wasn't done by Capcom. You might be thinking of Little Nemo: The Dream Master, perhaps?

[quote name='GUNNM']U.N. Squadron one of the only games I want from capcom but I will never get it :([/QUOTE]

Yep, I also played that game incessantly on my SNES. However, this might be a joint Disney & Capcom collaboration to re-introduce their licensed titles only. I am still hopeful, though.

[quote name='dumlaox']Finding Nemo is, yes, but that wasn't done by Capcom. You might be thinking of Little Nemo: The Dream Master, perhaps?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the one I was thinking about.

Definitely getting it on the 360, but having it on my 3DS to have it portable would have been amazing. I'm assuming it will be WiiU only.

Capcom did an Aladdin game? When I think of that title, I think of the amazing Genesis platformer, but that was a Sega game, right?

[quote name='mykevermin']Capcom did an Aladdin game? When I think of that title, I think of the amazing Genesis platformer, but that was a Sega game, right?[/QUOTE]

The Capcom Aladdin game was only for SNES. The Genesis one was done by Virgin (I think). Honestly I prefer the SNES version.

Not sure how I feel about this. These games were awesome for their time, but now the gamer in me demands more meat on the bone. Think I'd rather cherish the nostalgia than have my heart broken by a remaster.

It's being done by WayForward. That's all I needed to hear. I've loved all of WayForward's 2D work. Having them tackle a re-mastering of a game like DuckTales is a no-brainer. I'm looking forward to it.

Just saw the trailer. Will be getting this! Just wish they did not change how the theme song was sang and kept the original rendition! It would have been better! Hehe! DUCKTALES!!! Woo oo!!

bread's done
Back