Ducktales Remastered retail release - $20 PS360/Wii U (PS3 DLC voucher available now, physical releases 11/12)

MetalSlugger

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Physical disc version of Ducktales Remastered for PS3/360/Wii U coming Nov. 12: http://www.capcom-unity.com/xantista/blog/2013/09/18/ducktales-remastered-is-headed-to-retail-stores

PS3 voucher version details below...pretty pointless since the PS3 physical release will have the same cover art.  The only bonus for buying the voucher version is the exclusive DR pin.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/xantista/blog/2013/08/20/limited-boxed-version-of-ducktales-remastered-available-now-in-the-us

Sounds like this is going to be EXTREMELY hard to find. Barely any of the GameStops around me had it, and the copy I picked up was the only copy that store received. I'd grab it ASAP if you want it...$5 more for a nice-looking case and collector's pin. Yes, it sucks that it's a DL token and not a game disc but for me this was a no brainer.

GameStop (instore only)
Target website (instore only)

Target stock checker

Capcom online store
TRU item number: 013388991624

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW, TRU has 3 for $40 this week on games $14.99-$19.99 which includes this (since it's $19.99).  I managed to pick up one for myself and one for holding on to and a copy of Portal 2 for the 360 to trade in @ GS.

One other thing to consider...  The way TRU promos work, they pro-rate the discount across all eligible items.  That means you essentially are paying $13.33 for each copy ($40/3).  So, even if you bought Ducktales and two other random $19.99 games, you could just return the other two games and end up only paying $13.33 for Ducktales.

So, yea, TRU is cheaper than PSN and you get the pin and box... 

FWIW, TRU has 3 for $40 this week on games $14.99-$19.99 which includes this (since it's $19.99). I managed to pick up one for myself and one for holding on to and a copy of Portal 2 for the 360 to trade in @ GS.

One other thing to consider... The way TRU promos work, they pro-rate the discount across all eligible items. That means you essentially are paying $13.33 for each copy ($40/3). So, even if you bought Ducktales and two other random $19.99 games, you could just return the other two games and end up only paying $13.33 for Ducktales.

So, yea, TRU is cheaper than PSN and you get the pin and box...
Usually with the buy so many for $X amount promos the items are pro-rated to make returning the other items and keeping only one or two a losing proposition. Not to mention that this 3/$40 deal was originally 3/$30 until they changed it. That $3 something extra each may not seem like much to some, but since the promo was changed mid promotion to make it a worse deal than it was I won't even touch it.

Last edited:
I picked this up along with Super Luigi U this morning at Target, the store closest to my house didn't have any in stock according to the site but the store I went to only had 3.

lol.... Some of the listing on eBay made me laugh, I hope the guy is a user here because he needs some intervention, he has some horrid nail and cuticle issues.

I grabbed one at my local Gamestop....I used a $5 off power up rewards coupon so it was 14.99 for me. Just couldn't hold out for the XBLA version. LOL

No joke, I am getting this MAINLY for the pin.

I collect anything Scrooge McDuck, and there isn't a lot of Scrooge stuff being made these days, like pins, shirts, etc.

my  target    had  around  15  copies,  I'm  going to  wait  til  they  go on clearance,  or  a  steam  deal  for $5

No joke, I am getting this MAINLY for the pin.

I collect anything Scrooge McDuck, and there isn't a lot of Scrooge stuff being made these days, like pins, shirts, etc.
the pin is identical to the one from sdcc and e3 (except this one says capcom on the back) Those were going for $20-30 on eBay alone

thanks, will do.

FWIW, TRU has 3 for $40 this week on games $14.99-$19.99 which includes this (since it's $19.99). I managed to pick up one for myself and one for holding on to and a copy of Portal 2 for the 360 to trade in @ GS.
Is this corporate wide? Did you use a coupon? Is this a sale this week? You're the only person that has posted about this on cag.

Sold some crappy DVD's at Game Xchange that were basically just collecting dust in my basement to pay for this, so I'll only be spending around $2 for it tomorrow morning when I pick it up at Target. :D/

I had a gamestop coupon for 5 bucks off, so its basically what I would pay on psn right now for it anyway (15 bucks).  I wanted this game anyway, so all in all its pretty much the same thing to me as ordering on PSN, except i get a neat box and pin ^.^

Buy the retail release, sell the code for $12 and keep the case.

B&M locations only, except for the Capcom store.
That's not true.

I bought mine from Gamestop online two weeks ago. And I'll have it delivered here at the house tomorrow. Should have been here yesterday, but USPS kept it an extra day at the distrobution center for some unknown reason.

I didn't even know Gamestop cut off online orders until I saw this thread. Amazon.ca was/is selling it, but I couldn't buy a copy since they won't ship games to the US.

^ if GS isn't selling it online anymore (they aren't) and you can't find another reputable online retailer selling it for MSRP at the moment then it might not have been true but it certainly is now.

Went to my local Walmart. They had 4 or 5 I was going to buy one then was like 'naw'. I'll kick myself later if needed.

EDIT: Well there's a few on eBay that are over $20+ on bids and some with zero bids that are ending soon. Maybe I should go back in the morning.

If only they did this for 360 too. Could buy some as Xmas presents.all my friends have 360s. Only one with a ps3. But $5 extra fir a case and pin? I dunno.

OK, I just bought 1 new @ Gamestop in store and I think it was the last copy because the website said low stock b4 I went there. But now that I look at it, the plastic wrap seems suspicious like it was re-sealed. Should I return it and buy it from somewhere else? I just want one new and factory sealed for collecting.

OK, I just bought 1 new @ Gamestop in store and I think it was the last copy because the website said low stock b4 I went there. But now that I look at it, the plastic wrap seems suspicious like it was re-sealed. Should I return it and buy it from somewhere else? I just want one new and factory sealed for collecting.
They all look that way, these aren't y-fold sealed.

They are all like that.

I picked up one yesterday. Someone posted that the packaging is not y folded and my copy has that same re-sealed look as well. I think you are ok. Well I hope anyway because it seems like we are in the same boat LOL.

Yeah if they look at you like you're trying to scam them during trade in, point to the corner of the cover where it says "Digital Copy Only"

I would trade in the piece of paper that has the code on it AFTER I redeemed it. I would keep the pin.

This is kind of a tough sell for me at $20. I never played the original when I was younger. 

In all honesty, I'd probably buy this just to cannibalize the game case. To switch out with one of my red greatest hits games that has an alternate artwork printed inside the cover.

I bought it with my redcard so I have 60 days to decide if I really want it or not.

This is kind of a tough sell for me at $20. I never played the original when I was younger.

In all honesty, I'd probably buy this just to cannibalize the game case. To switch out with one of my red greatest hits games that has an alternate artwork printed inside the cover.

They all look that way, these aren't y-fold sealed.

They are all like that.

I picked up one yesterday. Someone posted that the packaging is not y folded and my copy has that same re-sealed look as well. I think you are ok. Well I hope anyway because it seems like we are in the same boat LOL.
Thanks, everyone.

OK, now this is silly:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ducktales-Remastered-PS3-Retail-Case-No-game-or-pin-Mint-/331002773882?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item4d114d817a

Case, no game or pin $9.49 with 2 bids lol

I don't understand the appeal of this. I'm a collector and nearly all my games are 100% complete, besides cartridge retro. I also vastly prefer physical media to digital distribution. Yet I don't understand buying a box for a game when there's no disc to put inside of it. Can someone explain to me what the fuck is up with this? Is it to give the illusion that you own a physical copy of the game?

I don't understand the appeal of this. I'm a collector and nearly all my games are 100% complete, besides cartridge retro. I also vastly prefer physical media to digital distribution. Yet I don't understand buying a box for a game when there's no disc to put inside of it. Can someone explain to me what the fuck is up with this? Is it to give the illusion that you own a physical copy of the game?
Illuminati.

Have an empty case for virtual games makes no sense to me personally.   :no:  :booty:  :wall:

Put me in the crowd of "Would have bought if this was an actual disc". So I'll wait for this to hit $10 on XBLA. 

And the NES versions of Ducktales 1 & 2 should be included in this sucker too. 

I got this gifted on Steam and to be honest, it's really not that great of a game. It's pretty much just a nostalgia trip. Pretty short/easy game with ok controls. 

I would have gotten it just to have a case for it if it wasn't more expensive than the PSN release I had preordered before I found out about this (and PS+ I got it even cheaper). I have a PS3 case for Marvel vs Capcom 2 as well.

bread's done
Back