Due Date - DVD, Blu, and digital: $14.99

I didn't think the Hangover was that funny, either. Funny, sure, but crude and lame at parts.

Anyway, while Due Date may be a decent price, I'd suggest renting it first. Very little re-watch value.

Hangover = amazing. Due Date = mediocre at best.

I found it entertaining to see in theaters with a good crowd, but it's not a movie i'd ever buy unless it was ~$5. I just don't ever see myself being like "Man, I'm in the mood to watch Due Date..."

[quote name='karkyco']Heard this movie was just God awful from everyone who's seen it. Is it even worth a netflix/redbox rental?[/QUOTE]

If you like crude humor with a fuck you here and there I say rent it. I enjoyed it with a redbox rental a few weeks ago.

Yeah, Due Date wasn't very good. 90% of the dialogue was just a setup for a string of dumb stunts about to immediately happen.

Saw it in the theaters and I thought it was average. Of course you can save yourself some time and just watch the trailer and see all of the funny parts.

I'm not getting all the "not funny" comments. I thought the movie was hilarious. And the theater crowd I saw it with tended to agree.

[quote name='Josef']I'm not getting all the "not funny" comments. I thought the movie was hilarious. And the theater crowd I saw it with tended to agree.[/QUOTE]

It definitely had its funny moments, but the dialogue gave everything away. Made it too predictable for me.

[quote name='Josef']I'm not getting all the "not funny" comments. I thought the movie was hilarious. And the theater crowd I saw it with tended to agree.[/QUOTE]

Almost every movie that's even remotely popular gets slammed on message boards, even the civil ones like cag… then someone mentions a film they like better (hangover), then someone slams it.

But oh, maybe we don't like garbage movies wah wah, well due date isn't garbage. Stuff like date movie and meet the Spartans, universally panned films are.

That said, due date is worth a red box rental for sure.

I'll do the opposite and say I enjoyed Due Date, but think Hangover is disgustingly overrated and not very funny.

At the very least, rent it and see for yourself.

bread's done
Back