Duke Nukem Forever $1 ($5.99-$5); GTA IV free ($4.99-$5) (PC Digital Download)

abler

CAGiversary!
DNF might be worth it at this price just for the lulz. $5.99, or 99 cents with the credit from last month.

Also: GTA IV is free with the credit! Just run it in compatibility mode and it is cool with Win 7.

DNF

GTA IV

Mafia II

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shoshokid']Dammit Duke went up, and I was just about to bite. FML.[/QUOTE]
You didn't miss anything

While others are saying for 99 cents it's worth it time is also money and you're only going to waste it playing that

[quote name='shoshokid']Dammit Duke went up, and I was just about to bite. FML.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. It was 99 cents what was there to think about?

[quote name='Drabelincoln']That sucks. It was 99 cents what was there to think about?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing that he only had one promo code and he wasn't sure if he wanted to use it on DNF. There's still another 4 weeks left in this month for him to use his code. You never know what else might pop up.

[quote name='Why_So_Serious']Hm...free GTA IV. But is it worth the hassle of Securom, Rockstar social club registration, Games For Windows Live registration, etc? That's a lot of 1 star reviews on that page.[/QUOTE]

If you can run it well, yes. Plus there are some decent mods IIRC.

Wow ... Duke is AWFUL ... I didn't believe people, I didn't enjoy the demo but thought maybe the full game would be better. It's not ... terrible game ... not even as someone who is nostalgic about DN3d can I say that I've enjoyed it so far. Never thought I'd say this, but I'd take my dollar back if I could.

[quote name='etcrane']Wow ... Duke is AWFUL ... I didn't believe people, I didn't enjoy the demo but thought maybe the full game would be better. It's not ... terrible game ... not even as someone who is nostalgic about DN3d can I say that I've enjoyed it so far. Never thought I'd say this, but I'd take my dollar back if I could.[/QUOTE]

I guess it's really a love it or hate it kind of game. I've been playing it for 5 hours so far, and I've been really enjoying it. It was well worth the $1 I paid.

It just feels slow and mediocre, it's not the worst game I've ever played but it's simply disappointing as a Duke Nukem game. It feels like they tried to make the levels interactive but failed to make them as interactive as a game like Fallout even, the graphics are a bit muddy and the controls feel clunky. The humor is more stupid than adult, heck Duke3D felt like it pushed the envelope more than this game, maybe that's because it was a different time with different standards. I dunno, either way, I'll probably give it one more shot and then send it to the Steam uninstall pile.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Got the witcher. $5 is a pretty good price.[/QUOTE]

I think it's been $2.49 before on Amazon and Steam recently. But it's free right now from amazon if you have one of the coupons.

[quote name='sunghost']I think it's been $2.49 before on Amazon and Steam recently. But it's free right now from amazon if you have one of the coupons.[/QUOTE]
I guess I had $2.50 left on my code so I got it for $2.50.

I've got 6 codes. Already gave away 2 to people asking for them and didn't even get a thank you in return... so now I want actual trades (steam gift games/coupons or whatever).

how about a pre-thank you? ;)

[quote name='rohitman']I've got 6 codes. Already gave away 2 to people asking for them and didn't even get a thank you in return... so now I want actual trades (steam gift games/coupons or whatever).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Why_So_Serious']Hm...free GTA IV. But is it worth the hassle of Securom, Rockstar social club registration, Games For Windows Live registration, etc? That's a lot of 1 star reviews on that page.[/QUOTE]

If you are really questioning GTA4 for free, then I don't know what to say.

[quote name='malistrais']how about a pre-thank you? ;)[/QUOTE]
Haha that works. PM me if you want a code :) (no trade necessary)

[quote name='rohitman']I've got 6 codes. Already gave away 2 to people asking for them and didn't even get a thank you in return... so now I want actual trades (steam gift games/coupons or whatever).[/QUOTE]

I'll thank you and give you 10% off Valve coupon if you give me a code kind sir. :)

When i'm downloading my game about halfway through it keeps stopping and says it can't connect to amazon. I deleted all my files and re-downloaded the game but the same thing keeps happening. What should I do?

[quote name='RollingSkull']Already out of Duke. Why even bother with dropping stuff this low if it's gone in half an hour?[/QUOTE]

Do yourself a favor and pass on this game. I paid 5 bucks during the steam sale and I can already confirm that it is the worst game out of the 30 I got during the sale. It is so pathetically bad, and has become my first game of the year to start and have no plans to finish.

[quote name='terb73']Do yourself a favor and pass on this game. I paid 5 bucks during the steam sale and I can already confirm that it is the worst game out of the 30 I got during the sale. It is so pathetically bad, and has become my first game of the year to start and have no plans to finish.[/QUOTE]

Yea it's really bad. It was in the bottom queue of my Gamefly account and I didn't get past the first hour. Even if this game released in the late 90's it still would have been considered bad, just not as bad. I never played Duke Nukem 3D and played through it last year and liked it a lot so that's saying something too.

[quote name='batrick']Last month if you bought certian downloads from amazon they would send u a code for 5 bucks off a "bestselling game from 2011" that could be used in jan 2012.

If you don't have a code, it is too late cause it was a thing that was only in effect last month.[/QUOTE]

This is the sort of information that needs to be included in the OP. Don't just assume that we have any idea what the hell you're talking about.

DNF is so bad, if you get it for "free" on the PC, you still look for monetary compensation for playing it and wasting your time.

A bit of hyperbole there regarding DNF, I think . It's not a game without its moments, and while it does deserve criticism for its many faults, it doesn't deserve the utter contempt many find it necessary to bestow. If you could take that game and strip away all expectations based upon its pedigree and storied development, you'd find a FPS title that has good and bad moments and is just a little dated in terms of visual presentation. Don't believe the anti-hype.

[quote name='hal']A bit of hyperbole there regarding DNF, I think . It's not a game without its moments, and while it does deserve criticism for its many faults, it doesn't deserve the utter contempt many find it necessary to bestow. If you could take that game and strip away all expectations based upon its pedigree and storied development, you'd find a FPS title that has good and bad moments and is just a little dated in terms of visual presentation. Don't believe the anti-hype.[/QUOTE]

I wanted to badly believe this, which is why I spent 5 dollars during the Steam sale. Sadly to say, 3 hours in and I have uninstalled the game. It is literally the worst fps game I have ever played. Writing is bad, Design is bad, and gameplay is bad. I am not really sure what there is left to defend.

The only problem I had with Duke on PC was that Depth of Field filter they tried to put in that made everything blurry. I turned that off and found the game to be pretty fun. The multiplayer was nothing to write home about, but the campaign kept me entertained for the 6/7 hours that it took to beat.

It actually gets better farther in, so perhaps you pulled the plug too soon. In any case, it's definitely a game that stirs up rather polarizing opinions. Metacritic scores range from 16 to 85 and you'd likely get that same range looking at just about any forum thread or string of user reviews. Throw out all of the nostalgia and anti-hype factors and you'd probably end up with a game that belongs somewhere in the middle of the FPS pack with room to push it up or down a bit, depending upon your gaming tastes.

I didn't mind playing it on 360. Paid 6$ for it from gamefly. I think the achievements help motivate people to play any truly "bad" game

[quote name='hal']A bit of hyperbole there regarding DNF, I think . It's not a game without its moments, and while it does deserve criticism for its many faults, it doesn't deserve the utter contempt many find it necessary to bestow. If you could take that game and strip away all expectations based upon its pedigree and storied development, you'd find a FPS title that has good and bad moments and is just a little dated in terms of visual presentation. Don't believe the anti-hype.[/QUOTE]

I was also one of the people that tried really hard to look passed DNFs flaws. I played through the game about 5 hours. At about 3 hours I was tired of it, but tried to power through it. Quit at 5. It is just so gruelingly bad. There are about 20 B or C rate FPS's I would play before this.

Exactly. I went into it with zero expectations or hype and I actually like the game. It does have its flaws, but I've been addicted to playing it and have a huge backlog.. it can't be THAT bad if I'm ignoring so many games in my backlog for it, and I don't normally play games that receive such low review scores. I mostly bought it because it was $1.

There are far, far more horrible games than Duke Nukem Forever that deserve more attention for being bad lol.

I recommend buying it for $1.

I already KNOW Duke is horrible. I played a goodly chunk of it, but I know it will haunt me if I don't pick it up and have it, and a dollar is closest to free I'm likely to find it at.

bread's done
Back