Duke Nukem Forever $29.99 Amazon Mess Up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duetschbag

CAGiversary!
Hey guys,

I recently pre-ordered another game and got the $10 credit for it. This is the only $10 credit that I have on my Amazon account so this was pretty cool when it happened. I added DNF to my cart, then clicked purchase, finished signing in, switched to free shipping, and when I looked over at my total charges, it rang up my $10 credit 3 times, charging me a total of $29.99 for the game. Just thought I would give a heads up if anyone can/wants to try to get the same deal.

6-10-20114-53-51PM.png

Also, DNF came with another $10 credit and I believe a $3 MP3 credit too. Good luck!

Chances are, you had some previously unused $10 credits from other games. Amazon adds bonus credits to a lot of games and they usually don't bother emailing you about it, even if the bonus offer was added after you placed the order.

Like Vinny said, I guess it is possible that Amazon added more credits. However, I've only ordered 1 other game from Amazon directly (Brink), and that's where my $10 credit came from. Otherwise my games ame from other sellers. Either way, just thought I would share in case it does work for someone else.

[quote name='cmb00']from what i am reading about the game. it sounds like its not even worth that much.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. I love the quote from IGN: "The only impressive part about Duke Nukem Forever is that it exists as a finished game." Ouch. :lol:

[quote name='Duetschbag']Like Vinny said, I guess it is possible that Amazon added more credits. However, I've only ordered 1 other game from Amazon directly (Brink), and that's where my $10 credit came from. Otherwise my games ame from other sellers. Either way, just thought I would share in case it does work for someone else.[/QUOTE]

Like they said, click view order details and show us a screenshot.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Pretty much. I love the quote from IGN: "The only impressive part about Duke Nukem Forever is that it exists as a finished game." Ouch. :lol:[/QUOTE]

The truth is reviews have been in the 7/10 area.

The game is what you make of it.

People will like it if they love duke and know what to expect from a 3d polygoned updated pretty much. Its Half Life 2 graphics which arent bad but retains the best weapons and the Duke style. The gameplay is throwback to when FPS were fun. FPS now are awful. Linear cinematic movies.

The people who are hating this game are the Crysis2, Halo Reach Black Ops generation who want super groundbreaking relistic gameplay.

This game is a throwback to fans who want some classic. And for that I think those people are really enjoying it.

Ive read the good and bad reviews and both are leading me to believe I still want this game bad.

This game will be terrible, but in a way that will be fun to people who played games back in the day. Except that he now has regenerating health and can only carry 2 weapons. I think they would have done better to keep it truly old school.

I will still buy this game but after reading some of these reviews I have lowered the price I am willing to pay a bit.

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']This game will be terrible, but in a way that will be fun to people who played games back in the day. Except that he now has regenerating health and can only carry 2 weapons. I think they would have done better to keep it truly old school.

I will still buy this game but after reading some of these reviews I have lowered the price I am willing to pay a bit.[/QUOTE]

Exactly... but not the terrible part. If they kept Health Packs and no wep limit it could have been the epic throwback FPS that 2010s needed just for nostalgia. Add keycards and Im sold. ha.

Ive read alot of player reviews that loved it as an oldschool. Ive read 9/10s from fans who just wanted the throwback feel to the game. Those are people Im most likely akin to

Ive also watched Youtube videos of the multiplayers. Its simply old school Dukematch, right up my ally. I need a break from boring Black Ops getting shot in the back all day :)

[quote name='xDerekRx']The truth is reviews have been in the 7/10 area.

People will like it if they love duke and know what to expect from a 3d polygoned updated pretty much. Its Half Life 2 graphics which arent bad but retains the best weapons and the Duke style. The gameplay is throwback to when FPS were fun. FPS now are awful. Linear cinematic movies.

The people who are hating this game are the Crysis2, Halo Reach Black Ops generation who want super groundbreaking relistic gameplay.

This game is a throwback to fans who want some classic. And for that I think those people are really enjoying it.

Ive read the good and bad reviews and both are leading me to believe I still want this game bad.[/QUOTE]

Not really. It has a 55/100 on metacritic. There are only 8 reviews for a reason. The demo (while an old build) had problems that were pretty apparent. The framerate drops dramatically... something that seems to be throughout the game according to early reviews. And funny you say other FPS games are linear, when DNF is linear as well, haha. I don't think people expected a groundbreaking realistic game considering it has gone through development hell and back, but that doesn't excuse the obvious problems it has. Most notably, the identity crisis it has... it isn't sure what it wants to be. So blame the developers for trying to mix old school with new school "realism". Anyways, sounds like nostalgia has got a grip on you, which is fine! :D

[quote name='rumblebear']This game is regarded as the next Daikatana. Expect it to plunge to under 20 bucks after a week of release.[/QUOTE]

Except it won't bankrupt Gearbox. They basically stepped in, added some polish and collect a big fat check.

Nevermind everyone it had bankrupted on the way to release though.

Nothing to see here. If the game was Brink, it had $10 offered multiple times, I got $30 cred out of it. Someone also posted here about the game maybe being LA Noire, which is believable since it had credit offered over a long period of time, similar to Brink.

Ive read the good and bad reviews and both are leading me to believe I still want this game bad.[/QUOTE]

I am a huge DN fan since playing in the late 80's early 90's. I was so excited about this game until i finally got my early access demo code for the 360. I canceled the best ver you can preorder and did not look back at all. They ruined the memories for me. I have a blast still playing the old duke nukems and doom 1 and 2. It seems like someone just tried to clone what duke is known for and fails at most of it. I am so bummed cause i waited so long for this. This will drop so fast after release and will grab the big collection ver for 25-30 shipped in no time. I just can not believe how bad it was. It just felt wrong and no fun at all.

I suggest waiting for this game trust me it will be marked down faster then mold on bread.

RIP DN....

Ahh you are one of those people that read online reviews and act like you played it yourself and can give a class about why it is the way it is. I suggest you play the demo and not believe everything you read. There was not 1 thing i liked in the demo at all. Well ok the driving was nice but was not fun at all it was like driving miss daisy boring. I love the classics and this is far from the classics and graphics do not mean nothing to me unless it is 80's graphics then it better have good gameplay like doom and such. You will all see when everyone floods gamestop and amazon trading this sucker in right away and drop the retail prices down so fast you all will be complaining how bad it is and wished you waited.

I played the demo and not reading some online reviews. The game is a joke and the DN fans will be the most pissed off about this. What can i say gearbox made me play mad moxxi and i sure are not falling for this one. :)

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']Except it won't bankrupt Gearbox. They basically stepped in, added some polish and collect a big fat check.[/QUOTE]
God, now that this is released, and Colonial Marines has been revealed, maybe we'll finally hear something about Borderlands 2. :lol:

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Ahh you are one of those people that read online reviews and act like you played it yourself and can give a class about why it is the way it is. I suggest you play the demo and not believe everything you read. There was not 1 thing i liked in the demo at all. Well ok the driving was nice but was not fun at all it was like driving miss daisy boring. I love the classics and this is far from the classics and graphics do not mean nothing to me unless it is 80's graphics then it better have good gameplay like doom and such. You will all see when everyone floods gamestop and amazon trading this sucker in right away and drop the retail prices down so fast you all will be complaining how bad it is and wished you waited.

I played the demo and not reading some online reviews. The game is a joke and the DN fans will be the most pissed off about this. What can i say gearbox made me play mad moxxi and i sure are not falling for this one. :)[/QUOTE]

With that grammar, how could you be wrong? But seriously, Duke Nukem was destined to fail. There was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much hype associated with this game that there was literally no possible way it could've lived up to it. There are far worse shooters on the market right now and Duke does not deserve to sit next to them with a 55/100 metacritic. Sure, it may not be a good game (I'm not buying it), but I truly believe it is the massive expectations people had for it, that gave it such a low score in the end.

[quote name='Darknuke']With that grammar, how could you be wrong? But seriously, Duke Nukem was destined to fail. There was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much hype associated with this game that there was literally no possible way it could've lived up to it. There are far worse shooters on the market right now and Duke does not deserve to sit next to them with a 55/100 metacritic. Sure, it may not be a good game (I'm not buying it), but I truly believe it is the massive expectations people had for it, that gave it such a low score in the end.[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it. The only people who would play this game are achievement hunters because they are easy to get. I would play it because I think the achievements are funny. Plus I think it would be fun to play because I had fun with Borderlands. But who cares about ratings. I mean come one how can Duke Nukem Forever do anything against games like Gears of War 3. So who cares what Game Informer or IGN rate DNF if you like Duke Nukem rent it or borrow it and give it a shot. If you like it buy it. It is as simple as that. I really never got into the Duke Nukem but I am looking forward to playing the demo and taking it from there.

[quote name='Jodou']Title is so misleading; I thought the price had already dropped to $30 rofl. IBTL.[/QUOTE]

Might as well keep the thread and title. By the time it gets updated, the price will be $30 anyways....

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back