Duke Nukem Forever $36.49 @ Greenmangaming

Ugh I cant decide.

I wanted to wait to see if the balls of steel for ps3 would drop in price so I could get it cheaper after a month of it being out, but I also want to play this on my pc since thats what I prefer for shooters.

I dont want to buy the game twice, but this is a good price.

Decisions, decisions.

[quote name='gargus']Ugh I cant decide.

I wanted to wait to see if the balls of steel for ps3 would drop in price so I could get it cheaper after a month of it being out, but I also want to play this on my pc since thats what I prefer for shooters.

I dont want to buy the game twice, but this is a good price.

Decisions, decisions.[/QUOTE]

If the Balls of Steel edition is as limited as Gearbox initially made it sound the Balls of Steel wont be around and most places probably only accounted for pre orders. I had heard somewhere that they were only gonna do a run of like 2000 for each console and 2000 for the PC but I dont know if that changed, but if you want Balls of Steel it looks like its gonna be msrp or higher

Thanks OP. Wasn't sure if I really wanted to get this at launch but the price is right especially with the $5 credit I had on my account.

[quote name='VooDoo88']Super tempting. Especially if it can be activated on steam.....[/QUOTE]

It does activate on steam. I purchased it last night and it's already in my library pre-loading. In fact, there's no other way to play the game. Green man gaming requires you to activate on steam.

[quote name='Fakinmail123']It does activate on steam. I purchased it last night and it's already in my library pre-loading. In fact, there's no other way to play the game. Green man gaming requires you to activate on steam.[/QUOTE]

DNF flat-out requires Steam period.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']If the Balls of Steel edition is as limited as Gearbox initially made it sound the Balls of Steel wont be around and most places probably only accounted for pre orders. I had heard somewhere that they were only gonna do a run of like 2000 for each console and 2000 for the PC but I dont know if that changed, but if you want Balls of Steel it looks like its gonna be msrp or higher[/QUOTE]

That was what it used to be. They changed that to an undisclosed amount. Preorders are still available for it, so I suspect it'll just be another Halo 3 Legendary Edition...

So this is considered much safer/ more legit than those regular CD keys sites?

I'm iffy about this place; especially since it's based in the UK.

[quote name='mattcube64']So this is considered much safer/ more legit than those regular CD keys sites?

I'm iffy about this place; especially since it's based in the UK.[/QUOTE]

I paid with Paypal and got a code.. registered on Steam just fine..

I bit. Wife wants it bad. Might as well save some buckeroos. Too bad we have to wait until the 14th. Blah! At least its letting us preload it.

I never thought I would be saying this…

I have just purchased Duke Nukem Forever.

It is ACTUALLY COMING OUT!?

You know what would be funny? If they delayed it again.

Thanks OP

[quote name='SuperSonic128']Since it's from a UK site, does that mean the game can be activated and played today?[/QUOTE]

No, because it's based on where your account is. cdkeysdiscount has it for 33.49. They send you a scan of the insert with the code on it. It's where I got mine from and it activated just fine. It is also a PEGI (Euro/UK) version.

[quote name='Scorch']Has anyone taken advantage of this deal and activated it for pre-loading on Steam in the US yet?[/QUOTE]

Yes it works perfectly.

[quote name='mattcube64']So this is considered much safer/ more legit than those regular CD keys sites?

I'm iffy about this place; especially since it's based in the UK.[/QUOTE]

I am from the US and I got aliens vs predator steam key from them for 4.99. Granted it was a complete waste of money but I paid, about hour later they emailed me the code and it activated on steam without a problem.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']If the Balls of Steel edition is as limited as Gearbox initially made it sound the Balls of Steel wont be around and most places probably only accounted for pre orders. I had heard somewhere that they were only gonna do a run of like 2000 for each console and 2000 for the PC but I dont know if that changed, but if you want Balls of Steel it looks like its gonna be msrp or higher[/QUOTE]

You can still very easily find pre orders for all systems at quite a few places so its not like its sold out.

To be honest though I dont want it that much because its a shitty CE. A little unpainted bust of duke and the comic were only things I was interested in. Rest of it just cheap shit every CE seems to have anymore like dice, playing cards and other crap. So Ill wait a bit, if it drops a lot then Ill grab one for the hell of it. And if it doesnt chances are by that time the pc version will be at this price or lower anyway.

Anyone else out there who picked up this deal get an email from Green Man Gaming saying that we could download our game on 6/10/2011 and 00:00?? I just got home and read it. My game is downloading now, just seeing if it actually lets us play.

I was just watching an unboxing of the balls of steel edition on youtube.

The certificate in the unboxing read that he was #9,023
Also It doesn't even look like it's worth $100. The statue looked very cheap and small which is disappointing

I think it probably will drop in price.

Found out about this price after I pre-loaded on Steam for $44.99. Put in a support ticket to try and cancel the Steam order and get it from Green Man instead.

guess i'm in for that price - supposed to run better and play better on PC. The stuttering, tearing, framerate, and the long loading on the 360 demo were a big turnoff for me.

[quote name='jer7583']guess i'm in for that price - supposed to run better and play better on PC. The stuttering, tearing, framerate, and the long loading on the 360 demo were a big turnoff for me.[/QUOTE]

I heard some people are having issues with the game bringing the CPU to 100% and barely using the GPU leading to bad performance. Hope this doesn't happen to me...

the requirements are very low though. Even my older laptop is well above them.

It looks like a 2008 game so it better run well lol.

[quote name='jer7583']guess i'm in for that price - supposed to run better and play better on PC. The stuttering, tearing, framerate, and the long loading on the 360 demo were a big turnoff for me.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. Design decisions not withstanding, the pc seems to be much better. I max the game and 60fps with no tearing is nice and I'm sure it's very easy to do that for this game, if not to atleast do much better than the consoles. Loading is a little long when some games spoil you for being so good there is literally no loading, but whatever it is on a decent pc seems to be a lot shorter than consoles cause I wouldn't really complain about the loading as is.

bread's done
Back