Duke Nukem Forever (PC-Download) $10 at GameStop

I bought it last week, and I LOVE IT. I cant believe all these mofos that complained that it is horrible. IT IS NOT HORRIBLE and I will chew some bubblegum and kick their asses if I dont get a sequel because of their extreme pickiness.

[quote name='Mrhankyspj']This worth it at $10?[/QUOTE]
I got it from the same sale last week. I played a lot of Duke 3D as a kid and think DNF is worth $10, especially since this can be activated on Steam and runs on Windows+Mac.

Without nostalgia factor I would recommend saving your money.

DNF is worth $10, yes!

While the beginning is ON and OFF; and the story and character depth is nothing to write about; and the graphics looks 5 years old - once Duke leaves The Lady Killer, the game, for the most part, is good.

The MP is a nice throwback to the "good old days" of MP - think like Quake 2 + 3; UT days; etc. Too bad that there's a lack of MP maps.

[quote name='Blinkerizo']Does it work on STEAM?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mrhankyspj']It's a steamworks title so you get a download code to put in on steam.... This worth it at $10?[/QUOTE]

!

*looks at posts right above this one* Oh hai answer.

Yes, this is activatable on Steam. You just have to:
1) Purchase from Impulse
2) Get key from:
--a. Receipt email may include the key (mine didn't)
--b. Download Impulse client (Windows only), sign into your account, go under My Games, right-click Duke Nukem Forever, select get registration key
3) Launch Steam, go to Library -> Add A Game -> Activate a Product on Steam, then paste the key.

-edit-
lol, ^ "!" is a better answer than mine :)

[quote name='Mrhankyspj']It's a steamworks title so you get a download code to put in on steam.... This worth it at $10?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lilman']I got it from the same sale last week. I played a lot of Duke 3D as a kid and think DNF is worth $10, especially since this can be activated on Steam and runs on Windows+Mac.[/QUOTE]

cmon guy its only page 1 lol

[quote name='TheRobReport']

cmon guy its only page 1 lol[/QUOTE]

I pressed the reply button right after the thread was created, then i went outside and i never sent the message so when i came back i just did. My bad

[quote name='loveangel']its 19.99 now[/QUOTE]

noo.gif

It's honestly not so terrible on PC. The graphics are sharper, load times are a fraction of what they are on console, and a lot of the technical problems in general are reduced.

If you want to see what this game is all about, do it on a decent PC. It's not great, but at least you aren't waiting 30 seconds between loads for each cheap death on PC.

bread's done
Back