Dungeon Defenders $11.99 PC DOWNLOAD @ Amazon

radioactivez0r

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Not to steal Tony's thunder, but the AVG thread is now on Page 2 and the title doesn't mention it - Dungeon Defenders is 20% off on Amazon right now at $11.99

http://www.amazon.com/Trendy-Entertainment-40829n-Defenders1-Defenders/dp/B005VFHOOE/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1319159276&sr=1-1

The game is Steamworks so yeah, it registers on Steam. Maybe 20% off isn't enough with the good year end sales coming up, but considering how long I waited for this game to become reality, I'm not sure I can wait for another couple bucks.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Not to steal Tony's thunder, but the AVG thread is now on Page 2 and the title doesn't mention it - Dungeon Defenders is 20% off on Amazon right now at $11.99

http://www.amazon.com/Trendy-Entert..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1319159276&sr=1-1

The game is Steamworks so yeah, it registers on Steam. Maybe 20% off isn't enough with the good year end sales coming up, but considering how long I waited for this game to become reality, I'm not sure I can wait for another couple bucks.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this!

In an attempt to make the DVG thread more manageable I've put "spoiler" tags around the specific new releases available for 20% off.

I'm going to try out removing the spoiler and see if that helps people find the deals better.

Thanks again for posting this!

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Strider Seven']Do you still get those TF2 familiars and Portal gun?[/QUOTE]

No, instead you get an Amazon exclusive pet Nagi, a baby black dragon who heals your towers while also attacking nearby enemies. He also boosts a variety of your Hero statistics.

Game is really fun. I bought it on Steam using a 4-pack with 3 other friends, but if I hadn't this would be a great deal (if you're not willing to wait for it to go on sale eventually during your typical big Steam sale). Highly recommended!

is this game really that good? played the demo on psn and thought it was neat, but i was hoping for more classes. also, the paladin class or whatever his attack was pretty lame, just swings back and forth. do they get alternate attacks and such?

Any word on how long this deal is lasting? I've got some credit, and would rather use it on Skyrim if it comes to Amazon DD's and just wait on Dungeon Defenders for a sale, but I'm afraid it'll go back to MSRP and Skyrim won't come.

[quote name='lonfar']Oh it's something about the DLC and folder, not having any problem with Amazon service ;p[/QUOTE]

Awesome, glad you got it figured out!

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Elektr0ns']What's the difference between the PC and console versions? If any.[/QUOTE]

PC version lets you mess with a whole mess of internal settings since it runs on the Unreal Engine. Besides keyboard and mouse, you can also have mods. Total conversions are possible.

And you can use a controller if you want.

[quote name='Nohbdy']PC version lets you mess with a whole mess of internal settings since it runs on the Unreal Engine. Besides keyboard and mouse, you can also have mods. Total conversions are possible.

And you can use a controller if you want.[/QUOTE]

Is there more customization options on pc? I mean for your player hero... sorry.

Customization was just recoloring of the character skin. Armor color, skin color, etc. Think there's 3 sections you can recolor I forgot what the last one was. Maybe a decoration thing. The thing with this game is that there's two modes at the moment, a local character mode which is separated from ranked mode (played on trendy.net). There are supposed to be events upcoming and those are only going to be on the ranked mode. I think there was going to be a cross platform patch in the future which was going to exclude one of the consoles (x360?) I forgot which.

The game does a great meld of rpg elements (leveling up, skill tree, equipment hunting) with a defense game. The multiplayer aspect really allows you to see how things mesh together but there are some problems with the multiplayer atm. Overall a great game which may take a bit of time to mature properly.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Anyone know which exclusive is better for this game?
Steam vs. Amazon?[/QUOTE]

Amazon: Baby Dragon lv1
Steam:Engineer(lv25) , Medic(lv25) , Pyro(lv25) , Heavy(lv25) and Portal Gun (lv30)

The dragon is good for early characters, I'm currently looking for someone who own the Amazon one which can help me. If it works probably get both exclusive.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']The game is Steamworks so yeah, it registers on Steam.[/QUOTE]

I must have had problems copy/pasting since running the installer registers it on Steam. Ignore the original comment under the spoiler.

Looks like the title is Steamworks only on Steam so even though it supports steam achievements and cloud support you only get those benefits if you buy it on Steam and the gamekey doesn't register.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back