Durable 360/PC Headset?

Theenternal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Hey guys looking for a few suggestions

I previously had a set of Steelsound 5h that I got for 30 from woot that I carelessly abused by tossing off my head when I was done and dropping on the floor. After 3 years they broke :( and after the first year the glue on the earpads melted off which I had to hot glue.

My GF got me these for xmas but they don't have a mic
Audio-Technica ATH-M30 Professional Headphones

I'm mainly looking for a durable headset for 60 or less preferably from amazon so I can exchange the Audio-Technica. It would be nice if they worked out of the box with the 360 and PC, but worse case I'll get an adapter.

I don't plan on carelessly abusing the headset like my last set, but many of my friends have had the bands of their headsets break from just casual use.

I use a pair of turtle beach X11s on my PC that also work with the 360, but the newer set the x12s should still work the same and they cost around $60.

I use the turtle beach x12's. They can be found at 39.99 every so often at various retailers. I picked them up a couple of weeks at BB bundled with Assassin's Creed revolution for $60

[quote name='Theenternal']Hey guys looking for a few suggestions

My GF got me these for xmas but they don't have a mic
Audio-Technica ATH-M30 Professional Headphones

[/QUOTE]

I have those exact headphones but I would never use them for gaming. Those headphones stay in my home recording studio.

the turtle beach (white headset) ones are pretty durable, much more durable than Trittons. I don't have the black headset version of the TB's only because they're pretty new and the white headset (previous model) has still stood up to constant use. they ain't pretty, but they is durable.

I've been looking for a discount or deal on Turtle Beach Z6A or Ear Force Charlie. My HPA2 setup is the best I've heard from a headset (console gaming wise) but no mic and it's a hassle to set one up. Z6A with Xbox cable kit = killer. If anyone sees it for $80 or less please let me know.

Hey guys thanks so much for the input I got the x12 via Amazon for 39.99, going to post it in the deals section too

http://www.amazon.com/Force-Gaming-...G0BO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325411110&sr=8-1

The Technica's are actual ath40fs if that makes a difference yesokyesok my GF said how they were studio quality and I appreciate that, but i probably don't have my ears trained to tell the difference above a decent set of cans. I may just end up keeping them. How would you describe the differences?

[quote name='100xp']the turtle beach (white headset) ones are pretty durable, much more durable than Trittons. I don't have the black headset version of the TB's only because they're pretty new and the white headset (previous model) has still stood up to constant use. they ain't pretty, but they is durable.[/QUOTE]

Tritton's aren't durable? Maybe it's just their newer models but I've had one of the 5.1 headsets for about 4 or 5 years and there isn't a single thing broken on them.

bread's done
Back