DVD Boxset deals at Big Lots Warner Bros, Hanna Barbera season sets $3, $6, and $10

Friend of Sonic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
183 (100%)
Trade thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231128

Big Azz sale at Big Lots on Warner Bros. sets (with some Hanna Barbera cartoons, and a spot of HBO DVDs) Originally the sale was only for 6 dollar sets, as advertised in their circular ad, but now they've added $3 and $10 sets. (These $3 and $10 sets, while currently ringing up at the correct prices, are supposed to be withheld for the 07/26 sales ad, which would explain why there may be trouble seeing them early, depending on your store)

Here are the boxsets seperated by price group.

$3

Adventures of Superman [Live action from '50s] (multiple seasons noted, need specifics)
Appleseed ExMachina 2 disc Steelcase
Batman the Animated Series volume 1 and Superman (90s cartoon) volume 1 bundled together
Batman the Animated Series (volumes 1, 3, 4)
Batman Beyond (Seasons 2, 3)
Best of Larry King interviews
Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines complete series
Everwood season 1
Flintstones (seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Johnny Quest season 1
Josie and the Pussy Cats complete series
Mission Hill complete series
Murphy Brown season 1 (price needs confirmation)
New Adventures of Lois and Clark (seasons 1, 2, 3, 4)
Pebbles and Bam-Bam show complete series
Perils of Penelope Pitstop
Popeye the Sailor 1933-1938 shorts collection
Power Puff Girls complete series
Space Ghost and Dino Boy complete series
Superman four disc SE
Tales from the Crypt (seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Tom and Jerry three disc set
Top Cat complete series
Veronica Mars season 2
Wacky Races complete series
War at Home season 1

$6

Animaniacs (volumes 1, 2, 3)
Babylon 5 movie collection
Blade: The Complete Series
Dallas (seasons 1+2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Drew Carey season 1
Dukes of Hazard (seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
ER (seasons 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Friends (Seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Full House (seasons 5, 6)
History of Rock and Roll
Jamie Fox Show (select seasons)
Joey season 1
Justice League (two pack and three pack of episodes spotted)
Knots Landing season 1 (also select seasons)
Lakers' Championship
Life Goes On season 1
Loonatics Unleashed season 1
Looney Tunes short spotlight collection volume 2 (not the normal big set, this is something smaller with half the content)
NFL Inside the Vault
Night Court season 1
Nightmares and Dreamscapes
:br: Nip Tuck season 4 (also on :dvd:)
The OC (seasons 2, 3)
Pinky and the Brain (volumes 1, 2)
Pro Football Hall of Fame: 85 years of Greatness
Pup named Scooby Doo two-pack
Roots: 30th Anniversary
Roots: The Next Generation
Samurai Jack seasons 1-3 pack (entire series)
Scooby Doo season 3
Scooby Doo Best of New Scooby Doo Movies
Scooby Doo movie 5-pack
Scooby Doo Dynomutt Hour complete series
Scooby Doo/Tom and Jerry two pack movie set
Six Feet Under season 3 (also select seasons)
Smallville season 4 (also select seasons)
:br: Smallville (seasons 6, 7)
Southpark three pack [not full seasons]
Super Bowl Collections (I-X, XI-XX, XXI-XXX, XXXI-XL)
Super Friends (volume 1, volume 2)
Super Friends: The Legendary Super Powers Show- The Complete series (13 episodes)
Thundercats (season 1 volume 1, season 1 volume 2, season 1 volume 3, season 2 volume 2)
Tracey Takes On (seasons 1, 2)
Wait till your Father Comes Home season 1
The West Wing season 2
Wonder Woman (complete series and invidual box sets of seasons spotted)

$10

IMAX movie collection
Looney Tunes Golden Collection 1-5 bundle
Looney Tunes movie collection (The Bugs Bunny/Road-Runner Movie, and 1001 Rabbit Tales)
Roots complete collection
Stanley Kubrick movie collection
Super Bowl collection (all four sets combined?)

Last edited by a moderator:
My store had nothing but $3 dvds :(

Anyone know when stores are likely to get these shipments and put them out, if not on the 12th?

Damn! I bought the Roots 30th anniversary set and when I opened it up disc 1 was missing! This should be fun going back to exchange. =(

[quote name='ddrisgood137']Anyone know when stores are likely to get these shipments and put them out, if not on the 12th?[/QUOTE]
Entirely YMMV. Some stores are saving it for the 12th, others have put them out already. So far, 4 out of 5 stores I've checked have these DVDs out.

[quote name='slowdive21']Dukes S6, Nip Tuck season 4 (DVD), Animaniacs set 2, West wing s2?

I can pick them up for anyone that wants them. I am looking for Thundercats, Wonder Woman and any comic book related sets (super friends,JLA, etc).[/QUOTE]

I found Wonder Woman S2 and other Sets out my way. How many Big Lots up north have you been to?

thanks op! I picked up smallville season 7 blu ray and pinky and the brain vol 2!!

All they had at my local BL was Dukes of Hazzard seasons 4 & 5, and ER season 2. That's it. I already own Animaniacs, but was going to pick some up as gifts. I also want to find Pinky & The Brain. I have two more BL's to try this weekend...

Half the Big Lots I went to had displays set up for the boxsets- not really massive displays, but had a defined area with everything in a single location. The other stores looked like employees merely threw the boxsets in randomly with other DVDs and games, which made them hell to find. One store actually had both, which made things even more confusing...

So if you're having trouble finding the boxsets, carefully look around before leaving!

My local BL had everything up front because its a high shoplifting area, and all I could find was Pinky and the Brain Vol 2 and Animaniacs Vol 2 so I bought them, but no Vol 1s for either. I'll probably check another BL soon for those.

My BL had put out a new case today - there were no Super Bowl sets yesterday, but today I picked up XI-XX and XXXI-XL... There were pinky and the brain V1 and V2, superheores V2 and a whole butt load of Nip/Tuck S4 and Smallville S7 BR sets.

I ended up picking up the 2 SB sets (I'll try to find the others tomorrow or Sunday), Scooby Doo S3 and the New Scooby Movies, NFL HOF and NFL Inside the Vault the 60's and 70's. Pretty nice sale. I could definitely see where the stock was gone even from the previous day, so who knows what they had at the beginning if I had seen the thread earlier.

[quote name='kodave']My local BL had everything up front because its a high shoplifting area, and all I could find was Pinky and the Brain Vol 2 and Animaniacs Vol 2 so I bought them, but no Vol 1s for either. I'll probably check another BL soon for those.[/QUOTE]

I have one like that too. I've never seen a dvd at that store so I guess they don't get them or they get stolen really quick.

I tried 3 biglots today no blu-ray of smallville impossible to find. :( I did find

Garland- TX- absolutely NOTHING. Not one single box set available.

Richardson TX- some Nip Tuck, Scooby Doo, and West wing

PLano TX- lots of Joey and dukes of Hazard available every season

[quote name='xbox_mole']How much are they selling the Blu-Ray's for $6 as well?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Smallville S7 BR for $6. The only things I saw over $6 were some anime sets that had extras on pack(action figures, tins, etc.)

Saw Joey, Dukes S5, and The OC S2 at my local Big Lots today. Spoke to a manager and was told they were expecting more DVD sets to arrive early next week to support the Sunday ad and that he expects them to go quickly because there have been several people in the store looking and more calling the store. Sounds like word of this deal is all over the internet. Hopefully I actually found something I want next week.

wow i'm gonna have to make another big lots run soon. All i found for a bunch of pinky and the brain dvds. I picked up a few. They were only 5.99
I wanted thundercats, scooby doo and dukes of hazzard and they are not there.

[quote name='strawberryman80']Don`t feel too bad, the people who are greedy and tried to flip them, wont get much profit as these are now flooded on Ebay and Amazon marketplace, karma has bit them on the ass, they might get 1 dollar at profit best.:)[/QUOTE]

I remember when people bought the Yu-Gi-Oh Season 1 Tins for 10.00 and flipped them immediately for 15-20 because ebay was flooded with them. Now they sell for 150.00.

Karma only bites the people in the ass that are foolish enough to not have enough disposable income to buy stuff and hold onto it for a while...like Christmas...when ebay won't be flooded and Big Lots will be sold out. ;)

[quote name='Cmosfm']I remember when people bought the Yu-Gi-Oh Season 1 Tins for 10.00 and flipped them immediately for 15-20 because ebay was flooded with them. Now they sell for 150.00.

Karma only bites the people in the ass that are foolish enough to not have enough disposable income to buy stuff and hold onto it for a while...like Christmas...when ebay won't be flooded and Big Lots will be sold out. ;)[/QUOTE]
I have a hard time seeing anyone getting a lot for Wonder Woman, a random season of Smallville, or most of the other stuff they have. Anime in a tin is a different story than something that just didn't sell well, and probably won't ever sell well. If any of the hoarders out there make some money, good for you, but I for one wanted some cheap dvd's so I could watch them.

went to see if my local store had these in yet since they didnt a week ago. low and behold they did.

No Pinky and the Brain sets though, and only Volume 2 of Animaniacs.

Picked up:

Animaniacs Volume 2
The Best of Scooby Doo Movies
Joey Season 1
The History of Rock N Roll (looked interesting)

They didnt have any Smallville sets or any HBO sets whatsoever as well. Kind of a crappy selection. May check out one thats further away later next week. Hopefully i can find the Pinky and the Brain sets.

The History Of Rock & Roll set is definitely worth picking up for $6. It's the same one that VH1 Classic plays every now and then - a lot of great footage and interviews on there.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']I have a hard time seeing anyone getting a lot for Wonder Woman[/QUOTE]

Wonder Woman: The Complete Series (all 3 season sets together for $6) traded in at FYE for $27.60 cash, before/after the flood it averages about $40 on eBay.

Saw a few new titles yesterday, nothing tempted me enough to pick up though. I'm on the fence with Joey Season 1. I'm a Friends fan, but I barely remember watching 1/2 an episode of Joey...

I went out tonight to 4 Big Lots with not a lot of luck and picked some box sets up and got extras of Pinky and the Brain V2, Animaniacs V2 and Tracy Takes On Season 2. I am still looking for Samurai Jack, Justice League, Blade, Pinky and the Brain V1, Animaniacs V1, Smallville BluRay or NipTuck BluRay and Wonder Woman if anyone wants to trade for the ones I listed above or if you want to sell any of the ones I am looking for, just send me a PM. Looks like I got to hit up some more stores on Sunday.

I wanted Thundercats but sadly they didn't have it. All they had was night court season 1 and a banged up copy of stephen kings nightmares and dreamscapes

Finally found Smallville season 6 on Blu. Also found 1 copy of the Babylon 5 movie collection. Might want to add it to the master list.

BLDVD.jpg

[quote name='8bitlover']Finally found Smallville season 6 on Blu. Also found 1 copy of the Babylon 5 movie collection. Might want to add it to the master list.[/QUOTE]

you didnt happen to find a second copy of season 6 did you?

Buying 1 or 2 extra copies isn't a big deal. The guys who are cleaning out the entire stores (search on google, this sale is widely known already) inventory so nobody else can find them are the one's who ruin it for everybody. I wonder why big lots didn't put a limit on these, like only 2 duplicate copies max per person?

Let's hope these all fall in value so the idiots who think they're gonna make a fortune *cough* simpsonsfan @ dvdtalk *cough* can pay for their kids college education with all the "profit".....watch their "investements" run down the drain.

Went this morning. Electronics section DVDs were the same as a few days ago, but they had the newest sets sitting in the $3 DVD 4-way cardboard display today.

Picked up:
Thundercats S1V1 (6-disc set w/Lenticular cover)
Animaniacs S1

EVILSUPERMAN: Joey S2 was only released in Canada, probably won't show up in this sale, but there are plenty of S1 available. My store has about 10 copies. PM me with a total PP price if you want me to get one for you. (and while you're at it, you can try to convince me to get one for myself)

Someone bought nightmares and dreamscapes, new scooby doo movies, night court s1, super bowl NFL sets, and wonderwoman are still there.

Sweet finally managed to stop by a BL today and picked up Animaniacs vol 2, Pinky and the Brain vol. 1 & 2, Nightmares and Dreamscapes, and a 5 pack of Scooby Doo movies for $6. I'm gonna try another BL near me to see if I can find Animaniacs vol. 1.

For those that care, both niptuck and west wing ring up as $1.60 at best buy after price match. Go in, pay their price, then take receipt plus biglots ad to customer service. 110% will knock it to $1.60.

[quote name='honzoh']For those that care, both niptuck and west wing ring up as $1.60 at best buy after price match. Go in, pay their price, then take receipt plus biglots ad to customer service. 110% will knock it to $1.60.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit, I have to do that tomorrow!!!

Picked Up

Animaniacs Vol 1 and 2
Scooby Doo Movies
and Full House Season 6

Thought about picking up Smallville Bluray season 6 and 7, but passed because then i'd find myself needing to buy the rest of them

Finally! Looks like the manager of the BL near me decided to actually wait till the ad start date.I snagged this stuff this morning:
Animaniacs Vol1
Pinky and The Barain Vol2
History of Rock n' Roll (I think that's what it was called)

Plus a CE of Gothic 3 I found stashed behind the sets.

Still looking for Samurai Jack, Animaniacs Vol2, Pinky and The Brain Vol1, and S1 of Drew Carey.
Willing to trade or outright purchase, please PM me!The Bl near me has lots of OC S2, P&TB Vol2, and NFL stuff.

Finally! Looks like the manager of the BL near me decided to actually wait till the ad start date.I snagged this stuff this morning:
Animaniacs Vol1
Pinky and The Barain Vol2
History of Rock n' Roll (I think that's what it was called)

Plus a CE of Gothic 3 I found stashed behind the sets.

Still looking for Samurai Jack, Animaniacs Vol2, Pinky and The Brain Vol1, and S1 of Drew Carey.
Willing to trade or outright purchase, please PM me!The Bl near me has lots of OC S2, P&TB Vol2, and NFL stuff.

Big Lots in East Dayton still has plenty of OC season 2, Nip/Tuck Season 4, Animaniacs 1 and 2, Pinky and the Brain 1 and 2, ER season 2, and most of the others mentioned (no Smallville BL though).

Picked up some Pinky and the Brain myself.

Mine has thundercats disc 5 and 6 not even in plastic which i passed on. Picked up Joey (which I actually like the show) Animaniacs v2, Super friends v2, and Pinky and the brain v2. All ready picked up Pinky and the Brain v1 and scooby movies earlier this week.
Went to three big lots, sadly everything i got was at the first. Didn't find any wonder woman, animaniacs v1, or friends disc. Mine had no blurays either.

My store was pretty picked over, but I managed to snag season one of Life Goes On for my mom for Christmas, and I picked up the only/last copy of Smallville season 7 on blu ray for anyone who may want it, send me a PM or I can just take it back, whichever!

bread's done
Back