DVD Boxset Deals at Target

manthing

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
As part of their 'College 09' merchandise, Targets are getting endcaps filled with DVD boxsets regularly priced at $19.99

From 8/11 until 8/31, these boxsets have a Temporary Price Reduction to $12.99.

here's a pic of what it looks like/what's included

There is already a thread like this on Alias, I assume this is an extension of that sale?

If so I'm in for How I Met Your Mother and Futurama (missed the Amazon deal)

I've seen it at 2 different Super Targets.

Maybe only Supers are getting it?

Maybe your store hasn't put it out yet?

I dunno.

Amazon has the Angel complete box set for like $50 a few times around the holidays.

I do need the last season of Arrested Development. I was hoping for $9.99.

[quote name='Demolition Man']$12.99 for those seasons of Angel are really good given how much the compete series boxset sells for. Tempting.[/QUOTE]
Angel and Buffy seasons were somehow $6 a piece at Best Buy maybe a year and a half ago. Epic.

[quote name='cleaver']Angel and Buffy seasons were somehow $6 a piece at Best Buy maybe a year and a half ago. Epic.[/QUOTE]

That's how I got my Angel and Buffy collection. =)

[quote name='manthing']I've seen it at 2 different Super Targets.

Maybe only Supers are getting it?

Maybe your store hasn't put it out yet?

I dunno.[/QUOTE]

My Target has this promotion as well, and it is not a Super Target (sadly....).

[quote name='cleaver']Angel and Buffy seasons were somehow $6 a piece at Best Buy maybe a year and a half ago. Epic.[/QUOTE]

Whaaaaaaa..... how did I miss that sale? Damn. Hopefully BBY or someone else does that again one day.

Was just at my local (Super) Target wednesday and didn't notice some (or all) of those shows marked at that price , nor did I see any kind of display like that. Then again they might not have set it up yet. I'll check it out again sometime next week.

Something I kinda noted in that picture is that some of those dvds look like the same ones that they already have bundled in those 2 pack sets for $19.99 (such as Angel and That 70's Show) so unless you only need 1 of the seasons (or a season that's not included in a 2 pack) then your obviously better off going that route.

Nice pic, OP. Shame they're not $9.99 each, that would put them more on par with the Wal-mart 2-pack DVD TV sets at $19.99.

Elessar: IIRC, the Angel/Buffy 2-packs are $24.99, they've been on sale for $19.99.

[quote name='elessar123']Doesn't Target sell Angel S1+S2, and S3+S4 for $19.99 each though? Or was it $29.99? Could have sworn it was $19.99.[/QUOTE]

At my target, seasons 1-2 are 26.99 and seasons 3-4 are 19.99.

[quote name='temp81830']Has anyone seen this in Illinois or Michigan?[/QUOTE]

Saw one in Lansing, MI. I was hoping for Futurama volume 4 as I haven't found the thinner case at Walmart yet, but they only had volume 1 and 2 at Target.

On a side note, does any one know if the 2-pack bundles at Target are individually sealed within the package. Specifically the Buffy or Angle ones. Thanks

[quote name='temp81830']Saw one in Lansing, MI. I was hoping for Futurama volume 4 as I haven't found the thinner case at Walmart yet, but they only had volume 1 and 2 at Target.
[/QUOTE]
What are the thinner case Futuramas? My copies are in thinpaks, one disc per case, then in a larger box.

[quote name='Doomed']What are the thinner case Futuramas? My copies are in thinpaks, one disc per case, then in a larger box.[/QUOTE]

Single standard DVD case in size. The case has 1-2 trays to hold up to 6 discs.

[quote name='temp81830']Single standard DVD case in size. The case has 1-2 trays to hold up to 6 discs.[/QUOTE]
Can you post pics?

Hmmm...I do need Simpsons season 4. May have to go over to my Target and see if I can find it there. Thanks.

bread's done
Back