DVD -/+ R 50 pack spindle 7.94

thespamofpower

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
hey, i didn't see this posted anywhere and nothign came up after a quick search so here it is. Staples has their own brand of dvd -/+r on sale for 12.94 plus there is a $5 off coupon on the page.

the dvd+r can be found here

and the dvd-r's can be found here

the codes are:
DVD+R: 91574
DVD-R: 88176

[quote name='buya89']Whats the Difference between DVD-R and DVD+R?[/QUOTE]

depends on what your system records on... I got a dvd recorder player that only records on -

I just got 25 pack at Best buy for 7.99
i just got a 5 pack of DVD-RW at FYE for 9.99

scored a free 10 pack of DVD-r when i got my DVD player

now with these 50 pack i almost got 100 DVDS

anyone know how good of a brand staples is??

I got the DVD-RW to see how hard it is to record DVDS on.. i never tried it before

[quote name='buya89']Whats the Difference between DVD-R and DVD+R?[/QUOTE]

Not much, really; they're incompatible standards, but most devices will work with both. Just make sure you can burn and use the one you pick.

Personally, I only use DVD-Rs, because that's the one my TiVo can use.

[quote name='souNReAL']is it valid b&m too?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing. Anyone go and check it out?

It should work B&M but you wouldn't get the additional $5 off. Since there is no shipping and you have to pay tax either way, why go to a B&M store. Plus, i ordered one and it arrived on my doorstep the following day. Lastly, you would pay $13 worth of taxes as opposed to $8 of taxes.

[quote name='Dragonsbane']If I have a dvd recorder that can do both + and - what should I go for?[/QUOTE]

Usually, DVD+Rs are cheaper. But in this case, either will be fine. However, I chose the DVD-R b/c I've (Doesn't mean everyone) found that most of the burners ive encountered can either burn both or just DVD-R.

well my dvd burner says dvd+- (not installed yet) So should I just get both? I lloked again and it said that it only double layers dvd+r

[quote name='Dragonsbane']well my dvd burner says dvd+- (not installed yet) So should I just get both? I lloked again and it said that it only double layers dvd+r[/QUOTE]

If you have a double layer DVD burner, 99% of the chance your DVD burner can burn both formats. They are incompatible with each other do don't burn a DVD+R in a DVD-R burner. There are no DVD-R DL so all dual layer burners are DVD+R DL.

In conclusion, just get one (I prefer DVD-R). Both will be compatible and both have the same storage space. Since they are the same cost, it really doesn't matter. And by the looks of your burner, both will work. Hope this helps.

Thanks, I got a pack $8.42 shipped. :D

To the people asking which is better: If you are using them for storage there is no difference. My burner supports both but I got into the habit of buying - because thats what most dvd players liked for when you burned dvds to watch in it. I stream all my video direct to the tv now but I still buy -.

https://www.staplesrewardscenter.com

Free shipping on EVERY Staples order and it's free to sign up for. Sign up for it then enter your rewards account number into your staples.com profile to get free shipping on every order. It takes about 24 hours to actually credit your staples.com profile as a rewards member though unless you call and order by phone you have to wait.

i got mine today BUT the packaging was so freaking bad my Spindle case is broke on 3 spots on top.. I have no idea if any of the DVD are broke or not..

So i called them up hoping that i could do a return and was told that they would send out another bunch for free and to keep the ones with the broken spindle case.. they said i can do anything i want with the front case ones.. so if i get the other ones tomorrow i will get around 100 DVD R-s for 8 bucks ( that is if none of the 50 i got now are broken)

Will deal with this company again

[quote name='slidecage']i got mine today BUT the packaging was so freaking bad my Spindle case is broke on 3 spots on top.. I have no idea if any of the DVD are broke or not..

So i called them up hoping that i could do a return and was told that they would send out another bunch for free and to keep the ones with the broken spindle case.. they said i can do anything i want with the front case ones.. so if i get the other ones tomorrow i will get around 100 DVD R-s for 8 bucks ( that is if none of the 50 i got now are broken)

Will deal with this company again[/QUOTE]

I had a similar experience. I ordered 2 packs. 1 pack was backordered so it did not ship. The second that did ship had the bottom completely shattered so about 15 to 20 DVDs are completely scratched on both sides and are completely unuseable. Called up for an exchange and they said to keep the originals and they will send out a replacement Friday.

Due to the fact that only 1 case shipped they only charged me about $3 bucks (the other $5 coupon was still taken off). I forgot to ask about ordering the other pack to see if I can still get it for $8 or not. I will have to do that tomorrow.

I would also do business with them in the future. No hassles at all about it.

OUCH $32.98 a pack now!! I had decided to grab another pack but I waited to long it seems. I've ordered from Staples probably 20 times before and never had a box arrive damaged but this time the bottom flaps had ripped and UPS had taped the box back together, my dvds were fine though. Heavy spindle + bad packaging in a flimsy box = good times.

Anyone used these before? I'll probably use these for just general stuff but keep using my good name brands for storage. They probably are the same though..... lol

Got mine today and the bottom was broken and I opened it up and found like five in the bottom were cracked... So I called them and they said that they would send me another one, yay.

you would think they would learn to pack better... My second box was crushed like someone kicked it... the thing wasnt broke and since i got 100 DVD for under 9 bucks cant complain

i doubt i will ever order another thing from them though

bread's done
Back