DVD+R or DVD-R?

I researched this question several years ago and discovered that, technically, DVD+R is superior. I then promptly forgot about it, so don't ask me what makes it better.

DVD+R has higher compatibility than DVD-R. But that was years ago, I'm not so sure now.

Also, I think DVD+Rs are generally faster and cheaper than DVD-R.

[quote name='Vinny']DVD+R has higher compatibility than DVD-R. But that was years ago, I'm not so sure now.[/quote]
It was the other way around. DVD-R's were generally more compatible with set-top players. These days it doesn't really matter which you use.

DVD-R are faster and newer but not all burners like them. DVD+R is slightly slower and older but it is more compatible with older burners.

[quote name='LiquidNight']I use DVD-R because that's what my old DVD player likes.[/QUOTE]

yes, when I started producing dvd's 2 years ago with Adobe Encore 1.5, after doing several dozen tests on various disc brands and formats, I found that DVD-R has a higher compatibility rate on set top players then DVD+R which had trouble being read by older players and some of the newer players. Avoid HP DVD+R Discs, although cheap they have the worse compatibility rate in the world !

bread's done
Back