DVD Rack (holds around 250).... FREE at FYE after Rebate!

Biglesworth23

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
This may be old, I'm not sure. But I just ran across an amazing deal that I confirmed at two separate FYEs in Pennsylvania (one in Schuylkill County, the other Dauphin). They have DVD racks there that cost 19.99, hold a very large amount (around 250, I believe), etc. I have two of these for my home that I bought months ago, and they are pretty good. They're wood (comes in two different colors), a bit flimsy, but definitely good for the price.

Anyways, I go to buy another one for my home... comes to a few cents over 19 dollars, due to my Backstage Pass (10 percent off). Well, the receipt prints out, along with a rebate form. Now, it's not advertized in any manner... the employee knew nothing of it, either. We both read the rebate and laughed out loud. $20 rebate. As long as I get the rebate back of course, I'm actually making a dollar or so to buy this from them. So I promptly picked up another rack.

Sorry I can't be any better with the details. Here's what I can tell you (don't have the box at my house):
It's $20, holds the largest amount of DVDs that any of the FYE ones do (around 250), comes in two different colors, is made out of wood, etc. I highly recommend going to your local FYEs to pick one up. Hey... it's practically free.. :)

And since I can confirm this at two separate locations (wife's brother picked up one at another location), I'm thinking it's not YMMV.

I saw this too. It's also good at Coconuts. They had a big sticker on it that said, "Free after mail-in-rebate"

I would've looked into it more if I actually had room to put the rack

[quote name='Sabrett']I saw this too. It's also good at Coconuts. They had a big sticker on it that said, "Free after mail-in-rebate"

I would've looked into it more if I actually had room to put the rack[/QUOTE]

At least your's had it marked. :)

Another thing to note is that they had these Sony portable CD players that came down to $10 after rebate, or $5 if you have the backstage pass. They play MP3 CDs, as well.. :)

The rebate is on Media Source storage units. We are pretty much giving them away, at 50% off sticker price + the other 50% in a mail in rebate.

I own 6 racks total, in various sizes. They are great.

Thanks man, I think these are the ones that have been $14.99 for the past few months, and I almost bought one. I'll go tomorrow to pick one up.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I was going to pick it up until an honest employee came by and told me they were shit.
Has anyone used these? Are they all right?[/quote]

Well, you really can't lose if it's free after rebate, right?

I might go down and check it out myself.

Beware of FYE rebates. They just throw away many rebate submissions, with no notice or explanation.

If you want to take your chances with them, be sure to make copies of your receipt and rebate form. You'll probably need to waste a bunch of time and resubmission postage if you ever want to see your $20.

the fye and fairoaks mall, va had them but they looked opened/damaged.... i heard about people not getting there rebates and to be honest, it doesn't look that great...so i said fuck it and moved on.

[quote name='Mad-B-Man']Well, you really can't lose if it's free after rebate, right?

I might go down and check it out myself.[/QUOTE]
Well, if I had my games in there, and it collapsed causing damage that'd piss me off.
I was all for it until two employees told me they were crap.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Well, if I had my games in there, and it collapsed causing damage that'd piss me off.
I was all for it until two employees told me they were crap.[/quote]

Maybe they wanted it >_>

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']Maybe they wanted it >_>[/QUOTE]
Well, they did have about four varieties of the racks with about three or four copies a piece. They were all labeled as free after rebate. I'm sure they knew of them.

During assembly, I had absolutely no confidence in the product's material or manufacturing quality. I haven't had trouble with FYE rebates in the past, and I hope not to start. Still, I'd like to thank the OP for giving heads up about this deal.

I think I'll buy the $70 shelf unit at Best Buy to replace this one, once my employee discount priveleges kick in.

D'oh, of course I thought the $14.99 rack was good 2 months ago. Oh well...

Both Media Source racks I purchased had defects, namely undrilled holes and the wood seemed unfinished, i.e. plenty of small splinterly fragments. It was made in China, go figure. I didn't want to haul them back to Coconuts and waste $5 in gas, so I just drilled the holes myself and smoothed them out.

got one that holds 170 today had a bunch of different crappy 19.99 ones. The one that I wanted that was 10 bucks a couple years ago is now 30.

I got one yesterday even though it will fall down if you breath on it. I'm happy as long as it stands up though.

bread's done
Back