DVD Slipcovers & Collector's Cases - What to do with them?

Seasick Pirate

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
A year ago I bought a couple of those CD binders for DJs that hold 500 discs. I consolidated a couple large cabinets and selves down to a couple, easy-to-store binders. I donated most of the black DVD cases to my local library who was happy to take them. I kept all the "special" colored cases, slipcovers, box set boxes, and various "collector's" edition cases in case I decided I really wanted those. Turns out I don't.

Instead of just trashing them, is there something better I can do with them, i.e. sell them to a collector? I'm not a collector of DVD artwork, but I guess some folks are. I just don't know how to find them. I'm not interested in listing them on eBay because I want to get rid of them, all at once, and ASAP. I figure bringing a bunch of empty DVD cases to Goodwill would be kind of a dick move in their eyes.

If anyone here is into this kind of thing I can take pics (don't have time to list them all). FYI they're only DVD and not blu-ray.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought I had a lot more but this is all I'm seeing at the moment. 12345. In the middle of moving so everything is in disarray.
It's nothing major or spectacular. Just thinking it would be better off if someone else could use them instead of trashing them.

After a quick glance, I think I would be interested in some, but need to compare with what I have.  I'll get back to you later on.  How much are you asking?  Also, it looks like there's a metal pack in there.  What is it?

I also have +600 empty CD jewel cases that the library did not want (I guess they loan out MP3's now?) most of them all with the back covers intact.

Sadly, if I can't a better way to get rid of all of these by the end of this week, I'll be sending them off to the landfill.

bread's done
Back