DVDR discs - Burning at 4x/2x/1x

TheGreat2nd

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Where can I find the cheapest DVDR discs that can burn at 4x/2x/1x?

Also, what's the difference between + and - R?
I'm trying to find at least a pack of 50 DVDR discs for a decent price.

Why? If you only have a 2x dvd burner, it's not like 4x or 8x discs won't burn at 2x.

I dont even know if they sell 2x DVD-Rs. whatever you would get down at Best Buy or something, I would think would be at least 8 or 16x, but if your burner is 2x speed then thats fine.

+ and - are simply two different formats. Its all in how the burning is done on the burner. Most dvd players made within the last few years should read both disc formats however, the + format is usually a little more compatible. Also the + format reached the 8x and 16x speeds earlier than - format. If your burner burns both then get what is cheapest or go with + if they are the same. As mentioned earlier 8x or 16x discs work fine with 2x burners but the 8x discs are usually the cheapest around right now.

I usually buy a 50 pack of 8X dvd+r's at pc club for $14.99 with no rebates to mess with. I burn my discs at 4x and those discs work fine.

i am sorry but i believe that if you are going to get DVDrs you should go take the extra step and pay for the good media. Good Media Brands are Riteks (particularly go4) and Taiyo Yueden. Compared to all the corrupted dvd's you're going to get plus the time you wasted on the burn, i would rather pay a little extra (33 cents per disk @ Meritline) to ensure that the media i backed up works and does not burn out the lasers of my dvd player + ps2.

bread's done
Back