DVR and 360 don't mix?

thabizzle

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Help! I just got a DVR installed today, and when I fired up the 360 the video is janky. Does anyone have any suggestions? (Moving the DVR to another TV is NOT an option.)

Do you have the 360 running thru the inputs on the DVR? If you are, the only option is to connect each one seperatly to the TV

Try moving the 360 to another TV just to test it

I have the 360 connected to video 2(component cables) and the DVR is connected to video 3(composite) Changing TVs is not an option. I have a 32" JVC.

[quote name='thabizzle']I have the 360 connected to video 2(component cables) and the DVR is connected to video 3(composite) Changing TVs is not an option. I have a 32" JVC.[/quote]

If you have more than one TV, I meant move the 360 to that tv to just test it.

Also try just disconnecting the DVR and fire up the 360 to see if it still does it

Either way, they're both on two different inputs, there shouldn't be any interference.

For the record, I am a fucking moron. I guess I inadvertently switched the 360 video cable to HDTV. Good looking out, guys. Let the anal reaming begin!

[quote name='thabizzle']For the record, I am a fucking moron. I guess I inadvertently switched the 360 video cable to HDTV. Good looking out, guys. Let the anal reaming begin![/QUOTE]

It happens no biggie

[quote name='thabizzle']For the record, I am a fucking moron. I guess I inadvertently switched the 360 video cable to HDTV. Good looking out, guys. Let the anal reaming begin![/quote]

Didn't even occur to me to suggest checking the switch of the thing. Its one of those little things that you overlook. And to think, I used to make a living of telling people how to connect a dvd player, 5.1 receiver, vcr, cablebox/satellite box, and even a tape deck all together and get it working; and this was all done over the phone.

bread's done
Back