Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires for 36.99 free shipping at Newegg!

Its only a 10% discount but the free shipping, no tax is nice. I will still probably just use Game Stop credit to get this.

[quote name='freshzen']Its only a 10% discount but the free shipping, no tax is nice. I will still probably just use Game Stop credit to get this.[/QUOTE]

Some of us have to pay tax for newegg. Would be better to get this on Amazon with the ECA discount since everything would even out in the end (and no tax, no shipping still).

[quote name='freshzen']Its only a 10% discount but the free shipping, no tax is nice. I will still probably just use Game Stop credit to get this.[/QUOTE]

Fry's has Dynasty Warriors for $34.99 B&M

[quote name='jon714']Fry's has Dynasty Warriors for $34.99 B&M[/QUOTE]

Fry's has 34 stores and 25 of them are in CA & TX....kinda limiting =P

beware you might get a gutted copy. I walked into 2 gamestops and both said they only had the display copy. So I ended up getting my copy at Target.

My Wal-Mart actually carried this, a first in quite awhile for a empire games (This would be the first Empires game I actually saw at B&M).

I'm a huge DW fan (not as much as CaoPi and a few others on these boards though) but am probably holding out on a price drop due to way too many fighting games I'm buying this year (XBLA, Tekken, KOF and Blaz Blue) at full price.

[quote name='BigSexy7947']I quite liked dw6 but i've never played an empires game before. Worth it??[/QUOTE] The strategy elements added to Empire games are minimal, but do add something to the typically shallow DW gameplay. If it's anything like DW5:E, the battlefields are much smaller than the regular game but you do play through more battles overall as you progress through the game.

[quote name='Masterkyo']MSRP $39.99 - $4 = $36.99. It's not a deal unless it drop down $20-ish or less :)[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

(at you, not with you ;))

I hope nobody plans on buying this.

[quote name='BigSexy7947']I quite liked dw6 but i've never played an empires game before. Worth it??[/QUOTE]

I've played DW games on both the PS2 and original Xbox, DW 4 was the last one I bought. It's your basic Hack-N-Slash. It's fun for awhile but then the repetition kills it.

[quote name='Masterkyo']MSRP $39.99 - $4 = $36.99. It's not a deal unless it drop down $20-ish or less :)[/QUOTE]

So if DW6:E dropped down "$20-ish" to you, that's what.. $23.99 in MasterKyo currency?

This is not much of a deal. My DW 6 has been collecting dust. I want a new three kingdoms game! Hopefully they release MOUSOU OROCHI in the states....

[quote name='CaoPi']This is not much of a deal. My DW 6 has been collecting dust. I want a new three kingdoms game! Hopefully they release MOUSOU OROCHI in the states....[/QUOTE]

Hate to agree, but its true...this isn't much of a deal..haven't touched my DW 6 in a couple of months...really didn't enjoy ROTK XI, i still play alot of ROTK 7/8/9...but i agree with everything you said :applause: :lol:

I usually played all the dynasty warriors until i unlocked everything. 6 was the first one since 3 that I didn't like and ended up taking back to gamestop after 3 days and getting something else. Don't think I'll be picking up anymore until online coop.

[quote name='CaoPi']This is not much of a deal. My DW 6 has been collecting dust. I want a new three kingdoms game! Hopefully they release MOUSOU OROCHI in the states....[/QUOTE]

I'm almost certain that Warriors Orochi Z's NA release was canceled. I guess the other two tanked pretty badly.

But anyway, I mulled picking up DW6: Empires this week as I had passed on DW6 due to lack of a next-gen system at the time that it came out, and by the time it was ported to PS2 I realized that I still had plenty left to do in DW5 and decided to save my money.

I guess $40 counts as a "budget release" in our era of $60 retail for games, which makes it cheap relative to the original DW6, but for me it's probably just going to be a race to see which version of DW6 drops to $20 at Gamestop first. Koei needs to hurry up with Samurai Warriors 3.

[quote name='fwbweux']I'm almost certain that Warriors Orochi Z's NA release was canceled. I guess the other two tanked pretty badly.

But anyway, I mulled picking up DW6: Empires this week as I had passed on DW6 due to lack of a next-gen system at the time that it came out, and by the time it was ported to PS2 I realized that I still had plenty left to do in DW5 and decided to save my money.

I guess $40 counts as a "budget release" in our era of $60 retail for games, which makes it cheap relative to the original DW6, but for me it's probably just going to be a race to see which version of DW6 drops to $20 at Gamestop first. Koei needs to hurry up with Samurai Warriors 3.[/QUOTE]

budget realease eh? yeah you can find the PS2 ver of DW 6 for $20 new at gamestop already. You can't swim in that one but there are extra Mousu story modes

Speaking of budget whhy is GT 5 PRO priced at $29.99 when its a greatist hits already?

[quote name='CaoPi']budget realease eh? yeah you can find the PS2 ver of DW 6 for $20 new at gamestop already. You can't swim in that one but there are extra Mousu story modes

Speaking of budget whhy is GT 5 PRO priced at $29.99 when its a greatist hits already?[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that's something to consider. I still regularly use my PS2 so that's $20 saved if DW6 for PS360 refuses to drop in price. I was never too keen on the strategy stuff in Empires anyway--from what little I played of DW4 and 5 Empires at a friend's house, it always felt like Koei was just reskinning one of their NES strategy titles with modern graphics and DW characters. I'll save my money for a Koei game with slightly less recycled content, like Undead Knights or Legends of Troy.

Aren't PS3 Greatest Hits titles $30 instead of $20?

[quote name='Sharp Katana']SW3 is a supposedly a Wii exclusive :bomb:[/QUOTE]

When all I had was a Wii I was actually quite :bouncy: about its exclusivity, but after getting a 360 I'm apathetic at best. Will still buy regardless, except in the event that it has a horribly convoluted control scheme.

[quote name='freshzen']lol @ all the Warrior freaks crawling out of the woodwork.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but you can't distance yourself from the rest of us "freaks", being as you were the first in the thread to declare you were going to buy this :razz: It's pretty much like announcing to everyone that you have really horrible taste in games, so there's no hiding the fact now that you at least don't hate the series, eh heh.

bread's done
Back