Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 - DLC Out Now / Updated OP

Rodimus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
183 (100%)
1-1.jpg

Official Japanese Site: http://gundam-musou.jp

Info & Story:

The third installment to the Dynasty Warriors Gundam series is slated to come out in America on both Xbox 360 & PS3 in Summer 11'. No specific date has been announced. Story mode is back as a crossover storyline between all the different Gundam series set in an alternate timeline. (Much like the first DW: Gundam) There will also be historical missions which are reenactments from various story arcs from the Universal Century and Alternate story arcs. There are other missions which have different purposes like Friendship, Collection, Relation, Memorial, Challenge, Tutorial & Special mission. There will be about 300 missions. Online mode will support 4-Player co-op.

New Gundam and Pilot Info:

New Gundam Series:

Mobile Suit Gundam 00
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory
After War Gundam X

New Gundams 1st Class:
Unicorn Gundam - Pilot: Banagher Links
Sinanju - Pilot: Full Frontal
Raiser Gundam - Pilot: Setsuna F. Seiei
Reborns Gundam - Pilot: Ribbons Almark
Gundam Zephyranthes Full Vernian - Pilot: Kou Uraki
Gundam Physalis - Pilot: Anavel Gato
Gundam Double X - Pilot: Garrod Ran
Gundam Deathscythe Hell - Pilot: Duo Maxwell
Gundam Heavyarms Kai - Pilot: Trowa Barton
Tallgeese II - Pilot: Treize Khushrenada
Knight Gundam

Older Suits Promoted to 1st Class:
Turn X - Pilot: Gym Ghingnham
Hambrabi - Pilot: Yazan Gable
Guncannon - Pilot: Kai Shiden/Hayato Kobayashi

New Gundams 2nd Class:
None

New Gundams 3rd Class:
Acguy
Gedlav & Einerad
Death Army
Kapool - Pilot: Sochie Heim
GINN

Older Characters Made Playable:
Beecha Oleg
Elle Vianno

Dropped Mobile Suits & Pilots:
Jagd Doga
Re-GZ
Gyunei Guss
Sleggar Law
Hathaway Noa
Quess Paraya - HURRAY!!!
Johnny Ridden
Rezin Schnyder
Kayra Su

NEW
DLC Mobile Suits & Pilots:
Kshatriya - Pilot: Marida Cruz
Susanowo - Pilot: Graham Aker
Cherudim Gundam - Pilot: Lockon Stratus
Arios Gundam - Pilot: Allelujah Haptism
Saravee Gundam - Pilot: Tieria Erde

New Gameplay Changes:

- Cell shaded graphics with closer camera position.

- New Partner Strikes allows a support Gundam to assist you. Each Gundam has a different types of support from attacking to assist types.

- Enemy AI is more aggressive.

- The Moral Bar has been revamped. (Blue=Allied Red=Enemy) As long as the moral bar is in the blue you and allied Aces can keep re-spawning. However if you get shot down while moral is empty it will result in a defeat.

- HP Regeneration was added. Similar to the Marvel vs. series once you take damage a certain amount of HP will regenerated over time if you take no further damage.

- An Emergency Dash have been added to escape from being juggled by enemy combos.

- Enemy Mobile Suits create explosion damage after they are defeated with a charged or strong attack. This can be used to create chain reactions to other enemies.

- Conquering Special Fields now add various effects. These effects include boosting ally strength, lowering enemy strength, cutting off Ace respawning, teleporting to another base, gaining partner strikes, calling in reinforcements, forcing enemy retreats, and HP regain.

- The Mobile Suit Lab now deals with MS Blue Prints instead of parts. Blue prints determine the Gundam's stats.

- Pilot Skills are for sale from the shop.

- The annoying friendship system has been dropped for the Sympathy System. Points only go up but everyone starts at lvl 1. Gaining Sympathy points for characters unlocks rewards like gaining that pilot as a playable character or powering up their respective Mobile Suit.

- Licenses can be purchased by anyone after the Mobile Suit has been used several times.

- Smash attacks are removed.

Online Mode:

- 4-Player Online co-op is in.

- Here's the catch, there are only 15 online specific missions. This means story and single player missions can not be played online. Online missions are not seen in single player and are a little bit more difficult. It's recommended to play with as many people as possible.

- There is a rank stat which goes up the more you complete levels. Missions with get harder with each rank up. You never rank down.

- There are noticeably less grunt in online mode, focusing more on ace battles.

- The difficulty of the level is based on the host. It's best to play with people around your same rank level.

- You can play though by yourself while waiting for an online match.

- Online players can heal each other.

NEW
DLC Info

Downloadable Content will be coming out on a weekly basis starting July 19th. Each week will consist of either 3 separate missions priced at 80 points for each mission or a new Pilot with their respective Mobile Suit along with one mission all priced at 400 or 500 Points (Unconfirmed). There will be a total of 5 DLC characters and 17 - 20 missions. DLC characters are listed above.

Reviews:

Famitsu: 9-8-8-9
IGN: 4/10
Gamepro: 3/5

Videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn_lYATR8r0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFFIZ0v1Mbo

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess that makes me 2 of 5 that are excited! Of course, now I really need to get started on DW:G2. I've been trying to finish out all the characters in the first game, but it's so time consuming. I really hope we'll see online play someday...

I would much rather have this than Halo Reach. Hope this game they can include the Japanese voice, and maybe even the anime music.

I only played the first Dynasty Warriors: Gundam. Was DW:G2 a vast improvement on DW:G? Should I bother with the second one and wait for the third game.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I only played the first Dynasty Warriors: Gundam. Was DW:G2 a vast improvement on DW:G? Should I bother with the second one and wait for the third game.[/QUOTE]

A "vast" improvement? I wouldn't say so, but an improvement nonetheless. You are able to pilot every mech in the game with the exception of the giant boss Gundams. Only problem is a good majority of them have shallow move-lists. They added an extra charge attack, pretty much for taking out the giant bosses. Free mode is a bit more in depth with friendships, joining factions, etc. It has an online mode but it's no good.

Unfortunately it's not one for achievement whores. I have almost 200 hours of gameplay and still only 800/1000. I don't think I'll ever get around to 100%

In sort if you've waited this far without DW:G2 then you can wait a little more to see what the third installment has to offer.

I've always wanted to pick up one of these since I'm a casual Gundam fan and a casual DW fan, but still haven't.. maybe this will be the one. :)

OH GOD YES AWESOME

Can't wait for this game. So pissed my DWG2 data got erased... I just don't think I can drop another 40 hours into the game only to get raped so hard again

[quote name='62t']now they need to confirm it for US release[/QUOTE]

They better, but I hope it's done right. Strikeforce wasn't the online DW game I've been hoping for.

No specific date but Bandai Namco confirmed on their facebook page they have plans to localize it by Summer 2011. The news is actually a few months old but I just caught wind of it yesterday. It hyped me up enough to update this page to inform the 5 or 6 CAG who are getting this.

I almost bought DWG2 but then noticed Deathscythe wasn't a playable character. I may actually buy this one. Been a long time since I played a DW game or cared much about Gundam so this might be a nice throwback :)

I already had it ordered, but I see now that Deathscythe Hell, Acguy, Physalis, and Zephyranthes are gonna be in it. fuck yes!

[quote name='Rodimus']They better, but I hope it's done right. Strikeforce wasn't the online DW game I've been hoping for.[/QUOTE]

Stikeforce has a better online than DW:G3...

[quote name='admiralvic']Stikeforce has a better online than DW:G3...[/QUOTE]

I wrote that before the game was even released in Japan. I had no idea what the online was going to be like. Strikeforce was okay, but I hated how the levels were sectioned off and enemies kept spawning. DW7 was better in that you could roam around the open battle ground, but only 2 players so booo.

I don't normally reserve games but I figured I better since I know my GS is only getting like 2 or 3 copies. Anyways the girl at the counter said this comes with a preorder bonus, like an extra character or something. I was in a rush so I didn't press her on it but is there any truth to this? Maybe she meant a DLC code for extra levels.

[quote name='yahoosale14']whatever happened to the mobile suit gundam series and that style of play?[/QUOTE]

A lot of mediocre psp games

[quote name='Rodimus']I don't normally reserve games but I figured I better since I know my GS is only getting like 2 or 3 copies. Anyways the girl at the counter said this comes with a preorder bonus, like an extra character or something. I was in a rush so I didn't press her on it but is there any truth to this? Maybe she meant a DLC code for extra levels.[/QUOTE]

I Imported the asian region version of the game, and it came with a DLC card for Musou Gundam, and Musou Gundam Mk-II as playable mobile suits. Whether this will stay true for the localization is up in the air, but I'd imagine it will.

My copy didn't come with a code or anything. I wonder if I missed it or they're doing something different for the Mosou suits. Anyways I played a few hours last night, love it. I got the next two days off so I'll be in Musou Gundam heaven. Still need to unlock Domon and Jerid, my two favorites.

Trowa said something I thought was kinda funny. "I don't have a name but if you must call me something call be Trowa Barton." Uh... then you do have a name, it's Trowa Barton you fucking idiot. Hey, don't let this guy pilot that giant metal killing robot, he doesn't even know he has a name.

Yeah I'm not sure what they're doing with the Musou suits either, and when you mentioned unlockables it was the only thing I could correlate to that comment. Anyways I bought my copy off of play-asia, and they had a deal on it where it was priced at approximately $60 for the asia region game. The DLC card was on top of the manual, along with another insert, which I'm not entirely sure what it was for. I know I didnt keep it though. I do however have the DLC card, and I'll take a pic of it, and throw it on here in a bit.

Edit: DLC card pic http://s1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee380/nightwishfan1/?action=view&current=Untitled.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know why Best Buy isn't selling this game? It was up on their site before the game was released but now it's gone. They have other Dynasty Warriors games for sale. Any clue?

[quote name='coolsteel']So the game any good?[/QUOTE]

Idk.. These guys make it sound like its gold but the reviews are almost all negative..

Maybe its one of those games for people who are low achievers with low standards..

lol im just dicking around dont kill me haha :D

[quote name='coolsteel']So the game any good?[/QUOTE]

There's not much new. If you don't already like DW games then that pretty much says it all. A couple bells and whistles with some new Gundams & pilots, but overall the same hack n' slash game. Missions move at a faster pace, and online is pretty bland. I would say the best addition is the cel-shaded grapics (really makes the Gundams look cool)

Personally, it's my guilty pleasure and definitely only for a niche group that like these repetitive, mindless hack n' slash games.

Played some Online with my brother and we hit a road block. We leveled to rank 9 and kept getting our asses beat. We need to get some better Gundams and skills and come back to it.

When you do online you really need to find people who are around the same level. I had a level 25 and my brother a level 50 and I couldn't did squat to enemy aces. I was essentially useless.

Love both genres. Dynasty Warriors and Gundam. I've only actually played the demo for the first one but liked it a lot. Kind of forgot about it until recent. I'ma pick them up and play them. Looks like 3 is a lot of fun too!

3 plays a little different. It's essentially the same hack n slash action but the fields are a more involved. Taking over a field can gain you advantages like warping and healing. It's no longer game over if you die, instead you and the enemy have a bar, if the enemy keeps beating the crap out of you and the bar decreases to zero, if you die then thats game over. Battles are much quicker IMO. Unfortunately the thing I miss most are the open maps, like the space levels from 1 & 2, they're all gone.

Getting skills and licensees for Gundams are much easier, but it requires money. You get money from completing levels and selling parts. The friendship system is also fixed. Friendships never go down, only up. Some Gundams have new or tweaked moves. Nu Gundam is much better now, I didn't like it much in 2.

DLC out now. I got all three and was disappointed. They're only $1 each but considering DW: Gundam 2 had free DLC missions this is uncool. If you only want to try one then I suggest one of the fortress missions.

No new characters this week, but from what I understand we will get Susanowo - Pilot: Graham Aker next week.

Anyone else besides me play online? I got 60 missions under my belt. Doubt I'll continue to play once I get the 100 Mission achievement to pop.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']I'm willing to go $39.99 for this one, maybe even $44.99. Just not $59.99.[/QUOTE]

I hear that. I was hoping to use the gohastings coupon on it but the damn thing is never in stock...

Finally got to what I considered officially beaten without doing 1000/1000 nerd points. Did all the story and history mission. Unlocked all pilots and mobile suits. Got two characters at level 50 while everyone else is hovering around the 20 lvl mark. Still have 3 achievements for a complete 100% but I'll pick it back up in a few months to finish it off. As for now I'm done.

Just got 1000/1000 on this. Quite the accomplishment for me since I rarely ever do 100% on any game. *phew* think I'm done with Dynasty Warriors anything for a while. With DW7 earlier this year now a 100% on Gundam 3 it's safe to say I'm pretty burnt out. Now unless the discussion picks up from here I promise this will be my last bump.

bread's done
Back