E3 2010: DVR/Viewing Guide

My DVR is not showing the Natal world premiere on SpikeTV HD at tonight (just reruns of 1,000 ways to die) however, the :360: conference says 1:30-3:00pm ET tomorrow.

Just searched around on the internet and seen a million different times of the circus being broadcasted live. I've seen from 3:30PM EST today to being broadcasted live at 1:30EST tomorrow, which is suppose the be the press conferences. Wish Major Nelson would give some clarification.

Yea I'm pretty sure there is nothing being shown today. I'm just curious how tomorrow will go down... hoping it plays at 10:30am regardless of what my DVR says.

fucking spike

Natal today is just for press/celebrities. The one we're going to see is the 2nd performance held on Monday night and broadcast Tuesday afternoon on MTV. You will not see the Natal event in its entirety live unless you're physically at either showing.

darknessbear,
According to Geoff Keighley the preshow is a half-hour long starting at 10 am pacific (11 M, 12 C, 1 E) only on the gametrailers.com website. The full press conference starts at 10:30 pacific on both the website and on Spike. As I said in a previous post, Keighley also confirmed an IPhone/IPad compatible video stream on the website tomorrow.

[quote name='hockeyfun66@']Just searched around on the internet and seen a million different times of the circus being broadcasted live. I've seen from 3:30PM EST today to being broadcasted live at 1:30EST tomorrow, which is suppose the be the press conferences. Wish Major Nelson would give some clarification.[/QUOTE]
It's on Tuesday at 3:30 PM EST on MTV and 9 PM EST on Nick at Nite and some other alternate MTV channels. The second article mentions that it's being done tonight but won't air until Tuesday.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/events/e3/0513-mtvpartnership.htm
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/events/e3/0602-mediacirque.htm

Seems like it would be in their best interests to air it tonight so that they could recap the big news tomorrow in their main press conference, which is labeled as "Xbox 360: The Future Revealed" on the TV listings.

[quote name='seanr1221']Is anyone liveblogging the event or is there a NDA in place?[/QUOTE]

Geoff Keighley said there was no media ban except for no cameras. Don't know if that means there will be text recaps but no pics/video.

From reading the exchange between Major Nelson, Felicia Day, and E on Twitter today, I guess tonight's showing is the one they're showing on MTV Tuesday, but then why have a second show semi-open to the public (if you can get a ticket) on Monday?

Also anyone have an IPhone/IPad and actually try to watch any video on the gametrailers.com website? None of their Quicktime feeds work.

Man Cirque De Soleil do some really precise, fluid movements. If they are doing this along side the Natal capturing their movements on virtual characters and any of the characters spaz out of control ("Ever wonder what the bottom of an Avatars shoes look like?") than they are fucked.

But I'm sure any Natal footage will be prerecorded and they'll be doing the first Lip (Body) Syncing of dance.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Man Cirque De Soleil do some really precise, fluid movements. If they are doing this along side the Natal capturing their movements on virtual characters and any of the characters spaz out of control ("Ever wonder what the bottom of an Avatars shoes look like?") than they are fucked.

But I'm sure any Natal footage will be prerecorded and they'll be doing the first Lip (Body) Syncing of dance.[/QUOTE]

Haha, yea the shoe thing was great last year. If I remember right, his leg ended up like going through his body.

[quote name='GizmoGC']So any good iPhone compatible websites to view this stuff on? Either Liveblogs or Video.[/QUOTE]
IGN is broadcasting it live on Youtube. Just go to Youtube.com/e3. Idk if it will work live on the iPhone.

[quote name='GizmoGC']I checked and didn't have anything on our want list. All I really have are Blu-rays and DVDs for trade.

Does Volume 3/4 come with the slip covers?[/QUOTE]

Ummm, no?

[quote name='masked lemon']Nothing on Spike...[/QUOTE]

I updated the first post a while ago stating the Major Nelson confirmed the the Project Natal Premier will not be live online or on tv.

I remember stream jumping like crazy last year between different sites due to quality and what they were covering. Awesome job with the links for the specific press conferences, but aren't there other sites with live coverage other than Gamespot? I'm at work, so the best I will be able to do is start the stream and minimize it so I can listen.

What other sites should I be checking for streams? Any justin.tv streams of G4?

MS just posted a link to where the live stream will be xbox .com/en-US/community/events/e3/briefing.htm but if you look at the source code you can get it on a clean page at gametrailers .com/netstorage/livestream.html witch im assuming will have all the keynotes since they are the web partner for e3

i cant post links so there is a space between the .com

Also live.twit.tv is doing coverage ass well.

Tom

I just watched the GTTV E3 preview on my DVR that aired on SpikeTV Friday night. Some cool world premiere trailers/footage of Dead Space 2, The Force Unleashed II, Fallout New Vegas, Super Scribblenauts, Killzone 3, Itagaki's new game Devil's Third, and Socom 4. There also was a little on Star Wars Old Republic but it was mostly talking about behind the scene of making the new E3 trailer featuring Alderaan. :)

Where is the best thread for smarmy comments? I like how Gametrailers stream just said you can pre-order these games at Gamestop. SHILL! :)

I'm hoping one of these sites puts up the Microsoft press conference in full. I missed the first two hours of it :whistle2:(

[quote name='Fjordson']I'm hoping one of these sites puts up the Microsoft press conference in full. I missed the first two hours of it :whistle2:([/QUOTE]
Don't worry, you didn't miss much

It was only an hour and a half long, so you missed the whole thing if you missed two hours of it.

I hope Spike/GT get the "exclusive" feeds for the Sony and Nintendo conferences next year since I hate streaming these shows.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It was only an hour and a half long, so you missed the whole thing if you missed two hours of it.[/QUOTE]
Really? Interesting. I guess the extra time was just Spike TV filler then.

[quote name='GizmoGC']So any good iPhone compatible websites to view this stuff on? Either Liveblogs or Video.[/QUOTE]yo all I gotta say is,

the gamecenter app is GDLK!!

I was chillin somewhere earlier today during the xbox conference watching in fantastic quality on iphone!!!

Ima prolly do the same thing tomorrow at the convention waiting for the show hall to open =P

so yeay. if u havent, get the gamecenter/gamefly app for iphone if u wanna watch

bread's done
Back