E3 Rumors

Logg

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
From another board

Xbox 360 and Microsoft Rumours for E3'07:

- Microsoft start first at 6.30pm GMT+0:00. (Fact)
- New Crimson Skies game to be announced.
- Bungie working on new title/series not related to anything in the Halo/Marathon Universe.
- Epic Games to show some gorm of Gears of War 2 Trailer.
- Microsoft have bought the Star Wars Battlefront 3 rights. Trailer/Demo to be shown.
- Rare to show off Banjo Kazooie 3 (Banjo-Theerie).
- Rare to announce 2 new games.
- Rare to announce Kameo 2.
- Lionhead Studios show more of Fable 2.
- Microsoft to fund a new game based on Jason Bourne. It'll be based on the books and not the film with Matt Damon.
- Team Ninja to show off Ninja Gaiden 2. Labeled 360 Exclusive.
- Apparently there's news of a MGS Game for the 360. May or may not be the 4th Installment.
- Dead Rising 2 to be shown. May not be ready.

From an E3 Floor Manager supposedly.

Sounds good, I hope they have more though...I had heard some slippage of a new crimson skies months ago on 1up yours...I had also heard the texas office/studio of bioware was making a kotor mmorpg (according to john davidson on 1up) he let it slip when they were bitching about something, said something along the lines we know they are working on it, just release the info...the room went silent for a little bit and they changed the discussion...I hope they announce a kotor mmorpg at E3. They have several fps, 2 kids themed games in that list from the OP, and only 1 rpg...I hope they announce more of them....I don't really care for them, but they do need to spread the audience demographic if they want to win this generation.

[quote name='Kayden']Booth babes will be naked.[/QUOTE]
*pops a second bonner, on a second penis*

...*pops boner at sight of boner on boner action*

[quote name='Brak']*pops a second bonner, on a second penis*[/quote]

*pops reverse boner out of disgust of previous three boners*

better be a fucking Ninja Gaiden 2 trailer. that's all I want. I don't care about any of that other junk (well, okay, dead rising 2 sounds great.)

Doesn't take a genius to figure this is bullshit. Pfft, ground breaking news doesn't come in bunches at E3 like it should.

E3 is over hyped.

I hope Sony doesnt talk about a PSP lite.

screw crimson skies, when are they gonna give us a new mech assault? i guess i should just hope that a new mech assault isn't a single player only puzzle game (yes, that's a dig at shadowrun).

does anyone have a guess on when fable 2 will actually be out?

[quote name='ryanbph']I had also heard the texas office/studio of bioware was making a kotor mmorpg (according to john davidson on 1up) he let it slip when they were bitching about something, said something along the lines we know they are working on it, just release the info...the room went silent for a little bit and they changed the discussion...I hope they announce a kotor mmorpg at E3. [/quote]

I heard this podcast but I didn't think they blew the lid off of anything. Sounded more like a "they've got to be making it" type of statment. If they had broken an NDA, they would have edited it out. They do it all the time on video game podcasts.

yeah sigma is coming only for the ps3. which is kind of messed up cuz tecmo usually gave xbox the exclusives. talk about a stab in the back.
i want that gears of war 2 trailer, the jason bourne game, and battlefront 3. i dont know about MGS, rumors say that it will come to 360 but again jsut rumors

Dead Rising 2 and Fable 2 are about the only things that interest me at this point in time. I'd love an MMO that didn't have a monthly fee, or perhaps sone news on XBLA price cuts...

DR2, GoW2, and the "new" MGS game is all I really care about.

[quote name='Zoglog']the Ninja Gaiden one seems strange considering they made Sigma only for the PS3.[/QUOTE]

How so? It's been reveled that the only reason NGS was even created, was because PS owners have yet to get a piece of NG. Think of it like the DOA series; DOA2 Hardcore was a PS2 exclusive, but what about the rest of the series? Or how about the Fatal Frame series? System of choice was the PS2, with the Xbox getting the majority of the series ported over.

[quote name='Zoglog']the Ninja Gaiden one seems strange considering they made Sigma only for the PS3.[/quote]

Probably because they released Sigma as Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden Black on the XBox :D

[quote name='Brak']*pops a boner*[/quote]

[quote name='Brak']*pops a second bonner, on a second penis*[/quote]

[quote name='Kayden']...*pops boner at sight of boner on boner action*[/quote]

[quote name='Apossum']*pops reverse boner out of disgust of previous three boners*[/quote]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
happy097.gif

I don't know why but that shit was fucking hilarious.

I sure do hope that Banjo is shown in playable format...hopefully we get a demo :pray:. Also, I hope one of the Rare games turns out to be Killer Instinct or some sort of Next Gen R.C. Pro Am

[quote name='Logg']From another board

Xbox 360 and Microsoft Rumours for E3'07:

- Microsoft start first at 6.30pm GMT+0:00. (Fact)
- New Crimson Skies game to be announced.
- Bungie working on new title/series not related to anything in the Halo/Marathon Universe.
- Epic Games to show some gorm of Gears of War 2 Trailer.
- Microsoft have bought the Star Wars Battlefront 3 rights. Trailer/Demo to be shown.
- Rare to show off Banjo Kazooie 3 (Banjo-Theerie).
- Rare to announce 2 new games.
- Rare to announce Kameo 2.
- Lionhead Studios show more of Fable 2.
- Microsoft to fund a new game based on Jason Bourne. It'll be based on the books and not the film with Matt Damon.
- Team Ninja to show off Ninja Gaiden 2. Labeled 360 Exclusive.
- Apparently there's news of a MGS Game for the 360. May or may not be the 4th Installment.
- Dead Rising 2 to be shown. May not be ready.

From an E3 Floor Manager supposedly.[/QUOTE]

I hope these are more than just fanboy fodder. Microsoft has been pretty quiet lately while Nintendo is eating up NPD numbers and Sony quieted a lot of critics with their Gamers Day a few weeks ago.

Of all the bullets above, the one that gets me most excited is Kameo 2. I think it's the most underrated game in the 360 lineup. It's a solid platformer that made me think back to the N64 days when Rare actually made games, and good ones at that. I loved it, I don't see the hate, and I'm glad that franchise is getting a second chance.

I think Ninja Gaiden and Dead Rising are the only real plasuable theories. And how is NG so wierd? I wish I could pull the source but I remember Itagi himself saying NG2 was a 360 exclusive. Don't forget XBox had Ninja Gaiden Black to. Ninja Gaiden sold pretty damn well on the XBox.

I'm the only one psyched at the mention of SW Battlefront 3?! They were a bit repetitive but I never had a dull moment with either of the first two.

I had heard about the PSP Battlefront but I didn't realize it was actually going to be numbered as the third one. If so, bummer. I have a PSP but I don't know if I'd want to try playing Battlefront on it.

EDIT - Just looked at that article. It's not called "Battlefront 3" so while that game will certainly be PSP exclusive (which is good, more optimization for the hardware and controls) I'm still holding out hope for a sequel on the 360/PS3.

[quote name='Zoglog']the Ninja Gaiden one seems strange considering they made Sigma only for the PS3.[/QUOTE]
You are aware that Sigma is just a graphical upgrade of a game that everyone with an Xbox already played years ago, right?

Anyways, yeah, the PSP Battlefront game, Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron, is not Battlefront 3. It's a PSP-optimized spinoff. I have no doubt that they'll be doing a console/PC Battlefront 3, considering how well the first two did.

This list is probably just some fan's wishlist, but if any of it's true, well, it's pretty much all good stuff (Crimson Skies plz), so, yeah...we'll see, I suppose.

This kind of list surfaces every year, and it's always someones guesses. A couple are right, the rest is BS. Here's my predictions:

It's a no brainer we'll see a new Halo 3 campaign trailer and more Fable 2, as well as Banjo. I think we'll get at least a peak at the Marvel MMO too.

I really hope to see Ninja Gaiden 2, and release dates for Mass Effect and Too Human - though I seriously doubt the latter.

What we won't see - Gears 2 (they'll do nothing to steal any Halo thunder), new MGS game (if it's not on par with MGS4, they won't embarrass themselves by bragging about getting the scraps instead of the steak), Battlefront 3 exclusive (this is the best selling ever Star Wars game across all the formats and Lucas Arts is in it for $$$ - they're not stupid enough to agree to this deal).

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']You are aware that Sigma is just a graphical upgrade of a game that everyone with an Xbox already played years ago, right?

[/QUOTE]

Keep telling yourself that :D

I think Ninja Gaiden and Dead Rising are the only real plasuable theories. And how is NG so wierd? I wish I could pull the source but I remember Itagi himself saying NG2 was a 360 exclusive. Don't forget XBox had Ninja Gaiden Black to. Ninja Gaiden sold pretty damn well on the XBox.

Itagaki says a lot of things, but he's just a developer, not the one in charge of Tecmo's financial decisions.

I dont think NG2 will be multiplatform initially though. They're probably already working on it (and waiting for Sigma's numbers.)

[quote name='Apossum']Keep telling yourself that :D[/QUOTE]
Ah, yes, and with some new stages starring stupid Rachel, and some Shenmue style playable cinematics, et cetera. I forgot.

[quote name='Apossum']Itagaki says a lot of things, but he's just a developer, not the one in charge of Tecmo's financial decisions.[/quote]
Uhm, okay. So, then why Temco make the seemingly suicidal decision to move it's two flagship titles, Dead or Alive and Ninja Gaiden, to the Xbox, and leave the PS2 behind?

Poor Apossum, he's upset that NG2 probably isn't going to be on PS3. :cry:

[quote name='quasicat']Come on MS, just give us the release dates for Mass Effect and Too Human. I'm ready to play.[/QUOTE]
Here is what I found out when I went to Gamestop today. Too Human is coming out the 8/2/07 and Mass Effect is coming out 9/6/07 these are the dates stated on the upcoming game sheet at GS/EB so take them as you will.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Ah, yes, and with some new stages starring stupid Rachel, and some Shenmue style playable cinematics, et cetera. I forgot.

Uhm, okay. So, then why Temco make the seemingly suicidal decision to move it's two flagship titles, Dead or Alive and Ninja Gaiden, to the Xbox, and leave the PS2 behind?

Poor Apossum, he's upset that NG2 probably isn't going to be on PS3. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I won't get into an argument about what is and isn't in Sigma with someone who hasn't played it and probably isn't familiar with the game past a superficial level. [/epic condescension]

as for supporting the xbox, was it seemingly suicidal? I would say no-- it's an MS supported system, which was probably enough to convince tecmo the system would be around for a while. Dead or Alive would be the only fighting game franchise on the system for a long while and it's a quality title that showed off the system's power, so there was a good chance that many early adopters would pick it up. After DoA was successful, they decided to make NG. At that point, the huge box was already well established in the market. DoA 3 was kind of a risk, but not a suicidal one.

Trying to compete with every other fighter in existence on the PS2 would've been suicidal.

i own a 360.

I'm really hoping that we see Kameo 2 and Battlefront 2. I loved Kameo, it's easily one of the best games on the Xbox, and of the 360 launch titles it's one of the best.
I can't wait to see the space battles in Battlefront 3. The space battles in Battlefront 2 were a lot of fun, but limited. It's going to be amazing to see what they can do with next gen hardware.

Love the news about Rare. The more I think about the more I'm convinced Viva Piñata was by far the best 360 game of 2006.

Battlefront 3 exclusivity would just be another nail in Sony's already well-furnished coffin. Microsoft should buy the rights to the Star Wars liscence outright (and give us another -- albeit GOOD this time -- KOTOR).

[quote name='Kaijufan']
I can't wait to see the space battles in Battlefront 3. The space battles in Battlefront 2 were a lot of fun, but limited. It's going to be amazing to see what they can do with next gen hardware.[/quote]
I seriously doubt that Microsoft could buy the Star Wars videogame franchise from Lucas Arts. However, I could see them doing an exclusivity deal with Lucas Arts for the Star Wars franchise.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Ah, yes, and with some new stages starring stupid Rachel, and some Shenmue style playable cinematics, et cetera. I forgot.

Poor Apossum, he's upset that NG2 probably isn't going to be on PS3. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Let the PS3 have the 3rd version of a game I played 3+ years ago. Its not a 'port' its like a whole new game since there is a few new stages, better graphics, and, uhh, the Wiimote PS3 Controller has a special motion attack!

In an old interview Itagaki said , there was something in the works for the 360 and that they hadn't forgotten it, so..........and remember the first gaiden was on xbox only!

the official plan for TN was for 5 360 games-- doa4, NG2, DoAX2, DoA:Code Chronus, and "Project Progressive." They even had that laid out in a DoA4 ad in Japan. I'm not sure if that has changed, but if it hasn't, NG2 is up next.

would be nice to get info about those last 2 as well. last I heard, code chronus was an action-rpg :drool:

[quote name='Apossum']the official plan for TN was for 5 360 games-- doa4, NG2, DoAX2, DoA:Code Chronus, and "Project Progressive." They even had that laid out in a DoA4 ad in Japan. I'm not sure if that has changed, but if it hasn't, NG2 is up next.

would be nice to get info about those last 2 as well. last I heard, code chronus was an action-rpg :drool:[/QUOTE]

I would love a DOA spin-off that was part Action/Adventure, part RPG. However, TN is far too concerned with bouncy boobs & extremely frustrating game play to pump out anything resembling "fun". This is the reason I could care less about either Sigma or NG2 (although Sigma being a PS3-exclusive isn't doing it any favors).

Another Crimson Skies.. I wonder if it'll work with that Ace Combat 6 flight stick (the bundled one that resembles the Saitek PC stick).. Looks like I'll be on Live alot more if a sequel really does come out :)

[quote name='-Never4ever-']I would love a DOA spin-off that was part Action/Adventure, part RPG. However, TN is far too concerned with bouncy boobs & extremely frustrating game play to pump out anything resembling "fun". This is the reason I could care less about either Sigma or NG2 (although Sigma being a PS3-exclusive isn't doing it any favors).[/QUOTE]

yeah, they spent way too much time on Ryu's bouncy boobs in Ninja Gaiden.

bread's done
Back