E3 Thread

It looks like the last 15 minutes really won it for them with some real exclusives. The first 1/3rd was almost entirely talking about features and functionality. the middle 1/3 was covering games that didnt distinguish them from the 360. This is the list they covered Pre-MGS4:

Haze, UT3, CoD4, Assasin's Creed, Kane & Lynch, RE5, Burnout Paradise, Madden 08, Harry Potter, The Simpons, GH3, MoH: Airborne, Rock Band.

They did well by not letting the release date limit what they showed, and could show a lot more.

Pop Quiz: How many RPGs did they show?

I give it a B- overall, with MS and Nintendo both getting C+

Killzone looks good, but why does last years "real time footage" look better than this years real time footage ;)

Honestly though, game looks good, reminds me of Gears of War without the cover, but Gears of War looks a lot better.

:clap: they did just want MS did last year. Games Games Games. Great games for now and the future. I really don't know why MS didn't blow the lid off of 08 games but it really cost them.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Here's my rankings for these conferences:

#1 Microsoft & Sony (tie)
#3 Nintendo[/QUOTE]

I don't see how MSs could be any good at all with that horrible opening and bland announcements.

#3 Nintendo[/QUOTE]

I love Halo 3 to death but there is no fucking way they tied lol.... Sony actually announced NEW exciting things.

but linkin prime is a 360 fanboy.. so that's the skew.

#3 Nintendo[/quote]

I'm sorry but Sony killed Microsoft when it comes to new IP announcements. The "me too" section of the PS3 conference had me doubting but the last third was a Sony knockout.

Just drop the 60 Gig to $399, Sony, and we have a deal. ;)

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']It looks like the last 15 minutes really won it for them with some real exclusives. The first 1/3rd was almost entirely talking about features and functionality. the middle 1/3 was covering games that didnt distinguish them from the 360. This is the list they covered Pre-MGS4:

Haze, UT3, CoD4, Assasin's Creed, Kane & Lynch, RE5, Burnout Paradise, Madden 08, Harry Potter, The Simpons, GH3, MoH: Airborne, Rock Band.

They did well by not letting the release date limit what they showed, and could show a lot more.

I give it a B- overall, with MS and Nintendo both getting C+[/QUOTE]

Eh, it was a solid effort that was way too bogged down in the first two thirds, but I'll agree the last 1/3 made up for it. If I were to use your grading system, Sony gets a B-, Nintendo gets a C+ and M$ gets a solid B.

All three were decent, but not great. This is okay for M$, because they're still chugging aloug, leader of the pack, and Nintendo could have had no presence at E3 at all and still come out #1 by years end. Sony, however needed to blow people's minds with brand-new franchises and surprise announcements and opted instead, to go the M$ route.

Yep thats all I asked for when it comes to the PS3...give me games to match the money i'm paying. Now I have "exclusives" to buy a ps3 for. Plus, the price drop makes used systems $449 so in the next month I will own one. WII on the other hand can kiss my ass untill Metroid comes out.......

#3 Nintendo[/quote]
I'm more of a 360 fan but I still have to give Sony the nod. They showed the exciting things that won't release until 08 at the earliest.

Although MS did have more on stage demos.

Sony B+ - drop the lame jokes and uncomfortable chewbacca apearance and this would have gotten an A.
Microsoft B - Trim some of the boring powerpoint and add a trailer montage of 08/09 games. You have to keep your fanbase excited about the future.
Nintendo C- - Use E3 to talk to the core gamers, Wiifit would not have been so bad if you had shown the new duck hunt, animal crossing or pikman that we all know you're working on. And make some more DS games damnit!

given their conferences, I am glad I have a 360 this year and look forward to a PS3 when these new games come out next year

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Eh, it was a solid effort that was way too bogged down in the first two thirds, but I'll agree the last 1/3 made up for it. If I were to use your grading system, Sony gets a B-, Nintendo gets a C+ and M$ gets a solid B.[/quote]Wow, you gave MS a solid B for showing almost nothing new?

[quote name='DMK'] It looks like the last 15 minutes really won it for them with some real exclusives. The first 1/3rd was almost entirely talking about features and functionality. the middle 1/3 was covering games that didnt distinguish them from the 360. This is the list they covered Pre-MGS4:

I give it a B- overall, with MS and Nintendo both getting C+[/QUOTE]

Pretty fair DMK, pretty fair.
I'm surprised you know the names of all those games though.

that was a pretty good conference. MGS4 and UT3 and Killzone 2 make me want to get the PS3 if i can find it for cheap. The new psp though, that shit was lame.

[quote name='NamPaehc']WAIT- Where was LAIR?????[/quote]Haha, yeah, wtf?
That game comes out next month, where's the demo?

[quote name='SpreadTheWord']I'm more of a 360 fan but I still have to give Sony the nod. They showed the exciting things that won't release until 08 at the earliest.

Although MS did have more on stage demos.[/quote]

Same here, xb360 will keep me happy this year...but next year I'm going to be a broke bitch!!:lol:

First party games and services shown during the event included:

PLAYSTATION 3
THE EYE OF JUDGMENT
Heavenly Sword
Infamous
NBA ‘08
Lair
LittleBigPlanet
Folklore
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
SingStar
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation
Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
Warhawk

PLAYSTATION Network
Blast Factor expansion 2
echochrome
High Velocity Bowling
PlayStation Home
HotShotGolf 5
MotorStorm Map Packs
PAIN
Resistance: Fall of Man Map Pack
Snakeball
Super Stardust HD
Wipeout HD

[quote name='NamPaehc']WAIT- Where was LAIR?????[/QUOTE]

Calm down, hombre. It's on store shelves in 4 weeks, right?

I am curious why it was absent, however.

bread's done
Back