E74 error to be covered by 3 year warranty

Same with me, I told them it had 3 red rings but it had the E74 error and sent the console away and two weeks later the replacement arrived :D

Fantastic.

Both my 360's died on Sunday. One RROD, one E74.

D:

edit: Upside to the story; I found Shadow of the Colossus in Blockbuster.

Thank god they are covering the E74. If not it could be damn near criminally negligent or one of the greatest ponzi schemes in history.

I heard that they were refunding certain ones. anyone have any info on that? mine died about a month ago it cost me 130 to get fixed. I want my money back!!!! SB

They're refunding every E74 repair ever done.

Typically, my 360 is now out of warranty for this and RROD, though I'm sure a few "selling all 360 products and getting a PS3/Wii" threats will net me a free repair anyway should things go wrong.

[quote name='Exu']They're refunding every E74 repair ever done.

Typically, my 360 is now out of warranty for this and RROD, though I'm sure a few "selling all 360 products and getting a PS3/Wii" threats will net me a free repair anyway should things go wrong.[/quote]

Dunno... I think if you said you were going to get a Wii Microsoft support would laugh in your face.

[quote name='Exu']Yeah after they've translated whatever I was saying into Indian maybe.[/quote]

Polish.

Had to ring them the other day about an E74.

[quote name='Exu']Yeah after they've translated whatever I was saying into Indian maybe.[/quote]

After calling Microsoft support numerous times I conclude the people working there are either Polish or from some other European country. :p

[quote name='Astronaut']After calling Microsoft support numerous times I conclude the people working there are either Polish or from some other European country. :p[/quote]

Yep (look at the post before)

I was ringing to sort out a 360 in New Zealand. He thought New Zealand was in Iceland.

Mm, well I've always had Indians before. I mean, I don't care where someone's from so long as they get the job done but hiring someone who can understand me would be a start.

As much as they sat the lines close at about 10pm, phone just before or even after. You then get put through to the American helpline, and they're usually better.

Had to do this twice, once for a dodgy update and another for RROD. Spent two hours on the phone in the afternoon trying to get them to understand, finally gave up then. Tried again after 10, and got it sorted in less than 5 minutes.

bread's done
Back